Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')

Go down 
+2
joe
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') Empty
PostSubject: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:40 am

Don't know what to think.

My Hawks bowed out last night, so I need something good to happen.

Last edited by Admin on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:41 am

Yeah, I'm not huge on Pro Hockey but the Hawks are my team too.

I was going to watch some last night. Glad I didn't.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:49 am

Dominated the first 2 periods. I mean DOMINATED. Shots on goal were like 20-4 or something crazy.

Then got our asses handed to us in the 3rd.

Bad loss. Bad season.

Expect Stan Bowman (a name plenty of folks on here will know lol) to make some serious changes to the roster this summer. Two straight postseasons of bowing out in the 1st round after winning the whole damn thing? Not gonna fly.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:00 am

Only thing good so far about this Stanley Cup Playoffs is that the Blackhawks and the Penguines are out of it too. Man I hate both of those teams.

Toews? HITF is that pronounced Taves?

Crosby is a girly man.

Go Wings!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:02 am

Lol, don't hold back Fish!!! Razz

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:07 am

No 'v', Fish.

Like 'Tays' or 'Taze'.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 10:19 am

Sounds like they say Taves on TV. Still don't like him.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:06 pm

Black-hawk fans are classless fools. Screaming and yelling during the National Anthem. That's a fantastic "tradition" to teach your kids you ignorant pieces of disrespectful dung.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:53 pm

Well, I think you've gone a bit overboard there.

Big deal.

Why is cheering during the anthem a bad thing?? Who even set this mythical rule that you remain absolutely silent during the anthem? And what about all the people who start cheering before it's even over? I mean hell, most people are cheering before the last 1-2 lines have even begun. What say you to those people, and how can you differentiate them from people who cheer throughout the whole thing? What if the singer/performer doesn't mind the cheering, or even encourages it?

I would say this excerpt, from a column written in May, 2011, sums it up (or at least the way we feel about it....):

"Not everyone likes it. I've heard from people in other cities that what Chicago does during the anthem is disrespectful or even unpatriotic. But I've been in arenas where people pay no mind to the anthem. I've seen cameras pan to people engaged in their own conversations. I've seen people continue to walk around in their quest to get a beer and a hot dog before the game.

That's not true during anthems in Chicago. We're all in on the anthem, and we're cheering on the anthem the same way we cheer on our favorite players. We're facing the flag, and the "Star-Spangled Banner" has our rapt attention.

It started with the Blackhawks, then spread to Chicago's other playoff teams. So tonight, I hope Bulls fans stand and cheer throughout the anthem. I hope they go hoarse yelling, "Our flag was still there!" It's not silent, but it's as patriotic as it gets."

Source: http://www.nbcchicago.com/blogs/madhouse-enforcer/Cheering-During-Anthem-Blackhawks-Gift-to-Chicago-121250674.html#ixzz1t0cKXOZh

_________

I'm going to leave it at that. No need to argue about other sports/teams...we're on the same team of the team that really matters.

Go Blue

dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Is this still a football forum?   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 8:59 pm

Why isn't the top post labelled "OT", which it is. A little teaser, then nothing but hockey stuff.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:01 pm

The People have been heard, dwoody.

dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:12 pm

What a GOOD admin you are!! T
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:13 pm

...hanks!!!!
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:16 pm

Chicago got caught into buying a championship and had to pay some big salaries afterward Sharp Toews ans hossa didn't come cheap and niether did Johnson, now they are stuck for awhile until they can trimm that down. Good luck with that. Wings have alot of cap space expect them to make some positive adddition this year. Very Happy Arrow bounce

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:20 pm

10yr deal with Keith is hurting the books (especially considering he was notttttt very good this year).

Either way, don't hate on your boy Stan Bowman like that! His decisions put us in this mess, to an extent.

But, I see us going after a goalie (quite possibly Luongo....), a defenseman and a 2nd-line center.

Though, tbh, who the hell knows.

The only non-tradable asset on our team is Toews.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:23 pm

IMHO it is still rude, uncalled for, and disrespectful. You examples of people having their own conversations, getting a beer, or whatever doesn't hurt anyone else's enjoyment of the Anthem. Yelling, screaming, burping, what-have-you does. Totally classless...

While you're at it, you might as well spit on the flag of the United States.

Evil or Very Mad

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:35 pm

I respectfully disagree.

I'm leaving it at that.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 11:26 pm

OK, we agree to disagree. That's fine.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 7:58 am

I think it makes the cititzens of Chicago look like assclowsn when they scream and hollar during the Anthem. Either sing along or STFU. Because they don't cheer the song, they are trying to drown it out.

As a retired military man, I find it to be disrespectful.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 12:49 pm

Thank you fish (and I'm not military but I still find that behavior absurd).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')   OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..') Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Mainly hockey talk (changed from 'EJ Today..')
Page 1 of 1