Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Now this is something I can respect...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

OT: Now this is something I can respect... Empty
PostSubject: OT: Now this is something I can respect...   OT: Now this is something I can respect... EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 11:20 am

From ESPN:

Purdue wide receiver O.J. Ross returned to practice Tuesday, but as a non-scholarship player.

Ross, the Boilers' highest-rated recruit in the 2010 class, was ruled academically ineligible for the Little Caesars Pizza Bowl in December. Purdue coach Danny Hope dismissed Ross from the team and took away his scholarship.

Ross, who ranked third on the team in both receptions (33) and receiving yards (356) in 2011, is back with the squad this spring but must pay his own way to school.

From The (Lafayette) Journal and Courier:
"We gave him a second chance and told him not to miss class," Hope said. "He worked very hard but he did miss a couple of classes. We dismissed him from the team and took his scholarship away. He wanted to be part of the football team and try to earn a scholarship back and earn his position back."

Most kids in this situation would just transfer somewhere else and continue the antics. I respect this kid for owning up to his mistakes, staying at Purdue despite losing his schollie, and trying to earn the respect of the coaches back. Then, one day, hopefully he can regain his scholarship.

I'll pull for a kid like this. Because we all make mistakes. It's all about who will face their mistakes head on and correct them? Sounds like this kid is going to at least try. Good for him.

Most of these situations end with a permanent dismissal, and you have to figure Ross is on a short leash with his academics going forward. Here's hoping he makes the most of the opportunity and possibly regains his scholarship.

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: Now this is something I can respect...   OT: Now this is something I can respect... EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 4:51 pm

It almost sounds like you are pulling a dantonio...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: OT: Now this is something I can respect...   OT: Now this is something I can respect... EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:03 pm

Well this kid hasn't robbed, raped or assaulted anyone. He missed some classes. It happens. I'd hate to know the calculation of the # of classes I actually attended.

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: OT: Now this is something I can respect...   OT: Now this is something I can respect... EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Well, you went to Indiana.... Wink

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Now this is something I can respect...   OT: Now this is something I can respect... Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Now this is something I can respect...
Page 1 of 1