Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

'97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan...

Go down 
+3
romeo49
ThatGuy
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

'97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... Empty
PostSubject: '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan...   '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 2:34 pm

http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/46917/big-ten-champions-tournament-game-6

Get on there and vote.

To Hell with that Nebraska team...we would have killed 'em.

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan...   '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:44 pm

Evidently the knob-husker fans are bitter about the crushing that was delivered to them in The Big House last year?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
romeo49

PostSubject: Are the Pro's a good judge of who had the best talent? Count'em up! Case closed!   '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 6:59 pm

Time to prepare for a unique system and then you can defense it. Were they gonna change their stripes and throw on UM? On that secondary? The whole offensive line went on to start in the pro's including three backups. Nearly every player played in the pro's. Two HOF's (Woodson and likely Hutch) with Brady backing up and Dreisbach, I believe.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan...   '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... EmptyWed Mar 21, 2012 7:59 pm

The Nebraska fans are delusional, give them a few years of mediocrity in the B1G to realize that they're nothing special (just like Penn State did).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan...   '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:19 am

Amen, 2ndComing. And none more delusional than one Scott Frost.
Christ, what a blowhard. Chiding CW's post-OSU pose because,
"I (SF) didn't have a rose to put in my mouth".

(Ahem...can I make some ALTERNATIVE suggestions, Scotty?)

Not that we needed extra men to help that 1997 secondary of ours
defense ANYONE, practically, but with that NU's pathetic (to the same
degree as their 2011 unit's) "passing" offense, you'd see a 7-4 from
Carr/Herrmann on every single play. Maybe lots of 8-3's to boot.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan...   '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:26 am

Admin wrote:
http://espn.go.com/blog/bigten/post/_/id/46917/big-ten-champions-tournament-game-6

Get on there and vote.

Wouldn't waste my time, Addy. Any damned fools can turn out in force to vote in utterly-meaningless
"polls". Reading some of the comments, though, man are they smarting from that 28-point smackdown
at the 'House, eh?

But as the one Husker fan cited, YES, we traditional Big Ten folks SHOULD kiss Nebraska's arse for
joining!!! Particularly the Badgers and Wildcats along with ourselves, eh?

Thank you A.D. Osborne!! Many happy years to come!!! Just don't announce your retirement from
your current post, as you opportunistically did as H.C., for awhile yet, eh?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan...   '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 8:59 am

2005 Alamo Bowl was the worst UM game I've watched in a long time, and it was a precursor to what happened on opening day 2007. Lathargic, uninspired football. Not to mention it was the worst officiated game I've seen.

NU folks think that game was the "tie-braker" for 1997. Well, I say the ass whooping UM gave them at the Big House is the answer to the 2005 debacle.
Back to top Go down
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

PostSubject: Fish   '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:09 am

Wow! You are right about that Alamo Bowl. Man, UM wasn't there to play football. It was the beginning of the end for Lllloyd Carr. That's what happens when you get complacement. Success can breed entitlement. In addition, I am not one to say that Refs change a game with a few bad calls, but that game was horrible. So many things could or couldn't have been called.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan...   '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:23 am

I don't blame the refs for that game. UM deserved to lose because of the way they played. However, those Sun Belt officials were way over matched for the speed of D1 football.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan...   '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:43 am

That was a terrible, terrible game.

Almost as bad as the Tennessee debacle a few years before down in Florida. 45-17, I think?

Ugh.

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan...   '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:56 am

That Alamo Bowl seems like it happened 20 years ago.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan...   '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:57 am

Admin wrote:
That was a terrible, terrible game.

Almost as bad as the Tennessee debacle a few years before down in Florida. 45-17, I think?

Ugh.

That game was bad, but Tenn was by far the better team and would have been playing for the NC if not for the loss to LSU in the SEC Championship game.

UM's record was better than the team itself. They lost to Washington and OSU, and we all know about the .01 time keeping error at EL.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan...   '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 9:59 am

Ugh, that game in Washington......ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Didn't Walker have like 21 catches out there that day? Well, forget it. I'd rather not talk about the ass kickings we've taken in the past.

Sad

joe

joe

PostSubject: Ass Kickings make us stronger   '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 10:09 am

Admin wrote:
Ugh, that game in Washington......ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Didn't Walker have like 21 catches out there that day? Well, forget it. I'd rather not talk about the ass kickings we've taken in the past.

Sad

Yeah, I quoted my dad. Or his dad or something.

If anything RichRod did for me personally it was to cherish every year and every good thing that happens with Michigan because, whether we ever believed it or not, the bad shit happened to us. (not the best grammar but no big deal.)

Losses make the stories of other accomplishments better.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan...   '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... EmptyThu Mar 22, 2012 2:49 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
Losses make the stories of other accomplishments better.

So I guess that's why sparty is so ecstatic from back-to-back 11 win seasons and no BCS bowl game to show for it.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan...   '97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan... Empty

Back to top Go down

'97 Nebraska vs. '97 Michigan...
Page 1 of 1