Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Historian.... You're the man

Go down 
+4
wshoes
GOBLUEJOE66
joe
sandyeggo_blue
8 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Historian.... You're the man Empty
PostSubject: Historian.... You're the man   Historian.... You're the man EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 7:31 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d2xuk-t6iFA

I never saw this one.

joe

PostSubject: Re: Historian.... You're the man   Historian.... You're the man EmptySat Jun 15, 2013 8:13 pm

Holy Crap Dude!

Eggo is right

YOU ARE THE MAN!!!!!

Glad you're on OUR forum!!!!!

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Historian.... You're the man   Historian.... You're the man EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:19 am

That is awesome!!   Great job putting it together and THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!  

Go Blue!!   Smile

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Historian.... You're the man   Historian.... You're the man EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 9:26 am

I dunno if I'm a giddy old dude or if I'm stupid or what. Maybe you guys can tell me.

I tell people about the guys on the forums. Guys I've met and never met.

I tell people they should see the youtube shit this one dude from our forum puts out! They don't get it until I play one.

There are other instances of me telling about "others" of y'all! lol But this one fit the thread.

I just think it's so cool that we have WH here and he has so much Michigan crap out there.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Historian.... You're the man   Historian.... You're the man EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 12:13 pm

Let me add to the chorus- You do a fantastic job with the videos and it is very much appreciated.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Historian.... You're the man   Historian.... You're the man EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 2:51 pm

Thanks for the comments, guys.  That's an old video I made back in January, when I was pissed off about that bowl loss, pissed off about the way Denard's senior year ended and pissed off about those ugly uniforms Dave Brandon made the team where.  

I'm surprised you didn't see it before.  Too bad half my account has been blocked since I made that video.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Historian.... You're the man   Historian.... You're the man EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 4:25 pm

I actually did see it before but it is always nice to see it again.  Denard, my favorite non-traditional Michigan Football player.

Thank you.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Historian.... You're the man   Historian.... You're the man EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:12 pm

Not sure what you mean by non-traditional. He was very much in the tradition of Bo's pre Harbaugh QBs, a team player to the max who posed a dual threat run/pass  and ran an option offense.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Historian.... You're the man   Historian.... You're the man EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:23 pm

Yea, we've had this conversation before.  I suppose that I'll have to defer to you as Harbaugh was the first UM QB that I can remember (and I didn't really become a fan until Navarre).  Basically Denard was non-traditional during the time that I paid attention to Michigan.  Sure I know of some of the history (Ten-year war, etc.) but that's it.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Historian.... You're the man   Historian.... You're the man EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 8:47 pm

Sorry to gig you- but with your handle- studying Bo's history would not be a bad idea (and fun to boot).

As I've said before Bo would have loved Denard AS A QB (and definitely would have recruited him). But he would have had a rock solid defense and O-line to go with him.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Historian.... You're the man   Historian.... You're the man EmptySun Jun 16, 2013 10:53 pm

This kind of comment could possibly get an angry torch mob against me but in terms of playing STYLE, of all of Bo's quarterbacks, Denard most resembles Steve Smith. 

Historian.... You're the man Steve+smith

There are a lot of similarities, believe it or not.  Like Denard, Smith was a starter for 3 seasons (1981-83), he wore #16, he was smaller in size and much more deadly with his feet than his arm.   He set rushing records left and right but had a problem throwing too many interceptions.  Smith had many more advantages obviously with better supporting players and the bonus of throwing to Anthony Carter 2 of his 3 years.  But the overall similarities in playing style are obvious. 

With that said, I'm well aware of how unpopular Smith was with the fans and how the student section often booed him from the stands.  Compare that with Denard who has to be the most likeable player in history and that's the obvious difference. 

Denard's stats most likely would have been better with one of Bo's offensive lines but his throwing style still would have held him back some.  He never stopped throwing off that back foot and into double coverage.  Another one of Denard's problems was that he refused to throw the ball out of bounds when he got into trouble and instead, he would take the sack or throw an awful interception.  That didn't really change much at all during his 3 years.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Historian.... You're the man   Historian.... You're the man EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:21 am

Pretty fair comparison.  I agree with shoes.  Bo would have loved a QB like DR to run his option.  Really, it wasn't until AC that Bo opened up his offense.  Moeller brought the pro style to UM for the most part.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Historian.... You're the man   Historian.... You're the man EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:53 am

Smith is a good comparison. As to forcing the ball though that also led to a lot of big plays our way. Take a look at Rick Leach's TD to INT ratio sometime though and I loved Rick and he was a Mich great too.

Dennis Franklin is a comparison too although he handed off a lot more his ability to run and threat really opened it up for the tailbacks.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Historian.... You're the man   Historian.... You're the man EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 11:50 am

I loved the option offense as directed by Mr. Rick Leach. Agree Denard would have been beautiful back there back then, but would probably be throwing only 10 or 12 times per game.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Historian.... You're the man   Historian.... You're the man EmptyMon Jun 17, 2013 6:56 pm

You're absolutely right dwoody and we would have averaged about 500 yd per game.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Historian.... You're the man   Historian.... You're the man Empty

Back to top Go down

Historian.... You're the man
Page 1 of 1