Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nebraska away.... my thoughts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Nebraska away.... my thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Nebraska away.... my thoughts   Nebraska away.... my thoughts EmptyWed May 16, 2012 11:19 pm

I just watched the OSU vs Nebraska on BTN. It was the first time that I got a chance to really sit down and watch a Nebraska game that was at Nebraska.

That place is going to be extremely tough to win at. Those fans look ready. That is going to be the game that decides our division.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska away.... my thoughts   Nebraska away.... my thoughts EmptyThu May 17, 2012 1:36 am

Most likely, but remember that choke on the road.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska away.... my thoughts   Nebraska away.... my thoughts EmptyThu May 17, 2012 2:11 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Most likely, but remember that choke on the road.

choke is right. Nebraska won't have 5 turnovers or play as bad on special teams the next time around. It's going to be a helluva game. Can't wait!

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska away.... my thoughts   Nebraska away.... my thoughts EmptyThu May 17, 2012 3:52 am

The corn-holes suck on the road, they are a formidable opponent at their place though.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska away.... my thoughts   Nebraska away.... my thoughts EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:09 am

I'm all in agreement. You know Husker nation, from the first player to the last fan, has that date circled on their calender. No doubt the "other" Bo will have "45-17" inhabiting several prominent spots around the program (and players' practice uni's) all August and September.

Two things do sort of assuage my anxiety heading in, though: Is Pellini really more than a run-of-the-mill coach? Has Taylor Martinez yet learned the finer arts of throwing? (Anything, not just a football. Man, this ex-pitcher's elbow and rotator both cringe just watching that guy "heave"...)

Still, it's cause for deep concern: their forte is, as always, their beefy OL and power running attack, and our
D-line is the biggest question mark heading into 2012 (our secondary returns everyone of note). And as you
say, the Big Red is a completely different team in Lincoln than elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska away.... my thoughts   Nebraska away.... my thoughts EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:16 am

I wish I could get there.

The Nebraska Fans were AWESOME last year at the Big House. And our seats are right in front of the visitors section so we see, and hear all kinds.

The Nebraska fans were funny. They were like tourists. At least half of them came through the tunnel, looked at the field and just stopped. Then they pulled out their phone or camera and took pictures of the field, their significant other and the field, their friends and the field, Michigan fans and the field.....you get my drift.

They were the nicest people I have run into outside of PSU fans.
PSU fans are a little wilder but still pretty nice.

I'd love to get out there for that game.

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska away.... my thoughts   Nebraska away.... my thoughts EmptyThu May 17, 2012 8:25 am

Every time we play them, win , lose or draw, our players say the same about their players. "Classiest guys I've ever faced," is a common theme from our guys afterward.

And I've heard the same before of their fans, too. And these are probably as loyal a base of fans as exist anywhere in the country...so you know they hate losing, but---

Seems that, much to their credit, the folks in the Cornhusker State have football in proper perspective, love as they do their Scarlet and Cream.

Much unlike the fans of another Scarlet team I can think of...

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska away.... my thoughts   Nebraska away.... my thoughts EmptyThu May 17, 2012 11:01 am

Hell, Joe, we could get there, but you have to saw off your right leg to get a ticket to a game there.

That entire state SHUTS DOWN on fall Saturdays, becoming the most populated city in the state of Nebraska (I know, probably not a difficult task).

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska away.... my thoughts   Nebraska away.... my thoughts EmptyThu May 17, 2012 7:07 pm

There is nothing else in the entire state of Nebraska...

Trust me, Nebraska's Lil'Brother (UNO) is a real insecure bitch.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nebraska away.... my thoughts   Nebraska away.... my thoughts Empty

Back to top Go down

Nebraska away.... my thoughts
Page 1 of 1