Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

On to football talk

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

On to football talk Empty
PostSubject: On to football talk   On to football talk EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:08 pm

What were your guys impressions of Craig Roh this year? Obviously our defense as a whole was pretty good. Was he decent only because of who was around him or is he the real deal?

I was a huge Roh supporter and have cooled on him this year.

Any oher thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Agree across the board...   On to football talk EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:11 pm

He had a hell of a season 2 years ago. I had some big expectations for him going into this last season, but he was essentially non-existant. And I don't think we can chalk that up to double teams or anything, that was Mike Martin getting those all year.

Maybe our defense was just that horrible 2 years ago that it made him look better than he was?

I'd like to see some more Frank Clark.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
joe

joe

PostSubject: I was high   On to football talk EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:19 pm

on Black before this season. He disappointed me. But he's still a soph.

I want to see Clark also. MGOBLUE lists him at 228. So do the programs I have at home. Can't believe that weight. NFW. He's got to be over 250.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: I agree....228 seems wayyy too light.    On to football talk EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:22 pm

I was just amazed with his athletic ability on that INT in the Sugar Bowl.

Those are the types of athletes the SEC has playing DE.

That's where we've got to get.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Another thing I noticed   On to football talk EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:30 pm

Was that the SEC seems to have these free safeties that are tall and rangy and damn good!

Sure would like to see some of that up here too
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Yeah their secondaries in general just fly to the ball...   On to football talk EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 12:38 pm

whether it's through the air or on the ground, their safeties and corners seem to be everywhere on the field.

Back to top Go down
lovetheblue1217

lovetheblue1217

PostSubject: Re: On to football talk   On to football talk EmptyWed Jan 25, 2012 10:51 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
Was that the SEC seems to have these free safeties that are tall and rangy and damn good!

Unfortunately, half of those SEC guys wouldn't even be able to step foot on U of M. Way higher standards in the Big Ten in general cyclops
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Yep...see Demar Dorsey**    On to football talk EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:04 am

lovetheblue1217 wrote:
THEstjoemfan wrote:

Unfortunately, half of those SEC guys wouldn't even be able to step foot on U of M. Way higher standards in the Big Ten in general cyclops
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Yeah    On to football talk EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 11:21 am

Sad I was hopin though

Admin wrote:
lovetheblue1217 wrote:
THEstjoemfan wrote:

Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: On to football talk   On to football talk EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 12:40 pm

Roh didn't get huge numbers, but the "new scheme" argument has to be considered.

I think this season we get a good look at what the whole team can do given a year of experience in the respective systems.

Then there's the whole "Hoke's type of players" thing to consider in a couple years. Things are looking up! Cool
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: You got it, Dog. Things finally feel normal again!*   On to football talk EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:05 pm

Wolverdog wrote:
Roh didn't get huge numbers, but the "new scheme" argument has to be considered.

I think this season we get a good look at what the whole team can do given a year of experience in the respective systems.

Then there's the whole "Hoke's type of players" thing to consider in a couple years. Things are looking up! Cool
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Roh   On to football talk EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:11 pm

But you know with quicker LB they will not be able to hold the blocks as long and this may help him get free and cuiase more havick, but he will not have Martin there to help.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: The growth of Ryan, Demens and Morgan   On to football talk EmptyThu Jan 26, 2012 2:15 pm

Is going to be so crucial. And, adding to that, the early abilities of Joe Bolden may be as well. I don't see RJS making much noise next year, but Bolden may. Our DL will eat the blocks, but our LBs will be the ones forced to make plays.

F it. Put Kovacs down there. He'll tackle anyone. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On to football talk   On to football talk Empty

Back to top Go down

On to football talk
Page 1 of 1