Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty Empty
PostSubject: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 5:54 pm

ESPN is now reporting that, if PSU had not accepted the sanctions by the NCAA, they would have received a four-year Death Penalty.

Apparently the school's president admitted this to Outside The Lines.

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/8199905/penn-state-nittany-lions-rodney-erickson-said-school-faced-4-year-death-penalty

On a side note...I'm very impressed with Bill O'Brien.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:09 pm

It makes sense now why they accepted those penalty's without even questioning them.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
psuatgvsu

psuatgvsu

PostSubject: Re: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 8:39 pm

Well I have heard today on the radio and tv that many people are saying that NCAA overstepped its bounds and could lose a lawsuit.

What is Emmert going to do now? Univ of Montana has a football player rape scandal going on. Possible cover up of sexual assualts by players and local police and administraiton didnt act. He better sanction them too!
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:34 pm

In no way, shape, or form am I defending rape of any kind but the molestation of young boys by a Coach is looked down upon by everyone in the country. IMHO this was a reaction to public out-cry. With that being said, why did notre dame get away with it (priests, alter-boys....)?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
psuatgvsu

psuatgvsu

PostSubject: Re: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 9:44 pm

I don't disagree either. It disgusts everyone.

He should lay the hammer on Montana though. Rape is real bad no two ways around.

I just find Emmert to be just like everyone else in the NCAA, hypocritical.

Bob Ley got him on an interview yesterday. He was saying how football got too big but he was quoted as saying when he hired saban at LSU when he was Pres "LSU cant be successful without a successful football team." He tried to spin his way out of it. Quite funny
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:13 pm

I am pretty sure Emmert will have no issue ending the mighty Montana football program. Would anyone really notice? Are we seriously talking about Montana? Grasping at straws????

I mean I guess I see some similarities but the whole "they did it too" argument seems so juvenile. There seems to be zero outrage outside of Happy Valley. I wonder why that is?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty EmptyWed Jul 25, 2012 10:44 pm

Pretty simple, I equate PSU's popularity to that of sparty's. No one cares about that school outside of campus, big difference for me is that I respect a degree from Penn State.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 12:38 am

Why am I not surprised that you would miss the point entirely???

The biggest scandal in CFB History has been covered ad nauseum over the past couple weeks. Plenty has been said about PSU. Yet few pundits(none that I am aware of) have come out against the action the NCAA has taken. The only ones screaming from the hill tops are the fanatics in Happy Valley.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 1:05 am

Well Willie, you just earned another trip to the ignore list. Can you even read? On second thought don't answer that. I won't read out anyway, I wouldn't want you to strain your cranium.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
psuatgvsu

psuatgvsu

PostSubject: Re: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 6:12 am

Grasping out straws? You aren't outraged that Montana was possibly covering up rapes of women by football players? That is pretty ridiculous Willie.

I never stated PSU didnt deserve to be punished. They do. I just believe Emmert is a hypocrite.

Jay Bilas, Stewart Mandel, Brent Musburger, Barr Switzer, Skip Bayless, etc... are all guys that are "outside" Happy Valley too.

Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:03 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Well Willie, you just earned another trip to the ignore list.

Probably the best news I will hear all day.

psuatgvsu wrote:
Grasping out straws? You aren't outraged that Montana was possibly covering up rapes of women by football players? That is pretty ridiculous Willie.

I never stated PSU didnt deserve to be punished. They do. I just believe Emmert is a hypocrite.

Jay Bilas, Stewart Mandel, Brent Musburger, Barr Switzer, Skip Bayless, etc... are all guys that are "outside" Happy Valley too.

Show me where I said I wasn't outraged? Waiting..............Yea you are grasping at straws. They are two separate issues.

Your second "paragraph" says it all. PSU fans can't just admit their school messed without muddying the waters and lashing out at the NCAA, Montana Football and anything else they can conjur up. I am certainly no NCAA apologist but don't be mad at them when your school/ program put themselves in this situation.

I have a ton of respect for the current coach and PSU administration for taking it in the chin and vowing to rebuild. O'brien is not lashing out at the ruling. He is moving forward and focused on rebuilding. Follow his lead.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 9:46 am

psuatgvsu wrote:

Solid list of opposition until you inserted Skip Bayless' name....

cheers

the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:11 am

The death Penalty would have been very bad for the big 10 .in a couple of ways , 1st scheduling would have been interupted and most team would have ended up with 2 bue dates this year, and 2 revenue would have been hurt ,becuase PSU is still a pretty godd draw at least for 2-of those 4 years. Not to mention How long it will take that program to get back on its feet should the death penalty had been adminiistered

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 10:32 am

Admin wrote:
psuatgvsu wrote:

Solid list of opposition until you inserted Skip Bayless' name....

cheers

Barry Switzer is not exactly CFB's moral compass.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:00 am

True that.

psuatgvsu

psuatgvsu

PostSubject: Re: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:32 am

Sorry guys on the list. I just threw the names in there from what I remembered. Also Andy Staples if I remember right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty   Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty Empty

Back to top Go down

Penn State faced a 4-year Death Penalty
Page 1 of 1