Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

B1G Punishes Penn State

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

B1G Punishes Penn State Empty
PostSubject: B1G Punishes Penn State   B1G Punishes Penn State EmptySat Jul 28, 2012 9:45 am

I see that the B1G has administered the following penalties:

PSU not eligible to play in the B1G Championship game for four years starting 2012

PSU forfeits entire share of B1G Ten bowl revenue over the next four years (estimated 13 mil). Forfeited bowl revenue will go to a charitable organization dedicated to protection of children.

Seems like the right thing to do. I can't think of much more that the B1G could do that the NCAA already hasn't.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: B1G Punishes Penn State   B1G Punishes Penn State EmptySun Jul 29, 2012 10:59 am

Good move.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
michmike

PostSubject: Re: B1G Punishes Penn State   B1G Punishes Penn State EmptyMon Jul 30, 2012 7:49 am

Well, I don't mean to sound like a broken record (check that, let me get with the times: a CD with an infinite loop programmed/burned into it), as I've posted this umpteen times: but, as egregious as these offenses were (from Sandusky's repugnant acts themselves through the coverup/complicity reaching all the way to the top), and as dire the need for the NCAA/Big10 to send out a very, very strong signal, it still galls me that the greatest number (by far) of those ultimately punished are completely innocent: students, players, alumni, fans. And with the most malevolent punitive measure of all still pending, insofar as the Penna. St. UNIVERSITY is concerned---S&P's threat to downgrade its credit rating---good, wholesome students in the U's excellent engineering school or computer sciences curriculum [among others; I happen to know of their high rating in those two studies] might not see the future upgrades and renovations needed, due to increased difficulty in borrowing $$, etc. Or, of course, financial aid for qualified students lacking funds, owing to rich alumni/donors becoming disillusioned with the school and withholding their grants, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: B1G Punishes Penn State   B1G Punishes Penn State Empty

Back to top Go down

B1G Punishes Penn State
Page 1 of 1