Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice... Empty
PostSubject: Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice...   Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice... EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:45 pm

http://annarbor.com/sports/um-football/fitz-toussaint-frank-clark-held-out-of-michigan-football-teams-first-practice/?cmpid=mlive-@mlive-wolverines#.UCBW--2E3uw

I don't feel good about that, obviously.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice...   Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice... EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 7:46 pm

But as I think about it, we shouldn't overreact to one practice.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice...   Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice... EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 9:21 pm

If they went to school in east landfill they'd be back at practice already. IMO Fitz will miss the first week of fall camp and the first 3 games, at least suspend him for the 'bama game but what do I know? Clark "may" be done for the year but probably not. Make him miss the first four-games and I'll be happy.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice...   Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice... EmptyMon Aug 06, 2012 11:17 pm

Rawls will start against Alabama. He will show the world why he was constantly being compared to Mark Ingram and not just because they are both Flint products.

We need a power runner for that game and Rawls might just be a better fit than Fitz.

Am I just trying to convince myself or do I have a point? Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice...   Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice... EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 2:42 am

I'm hoping that you're right...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice...   Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice... EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 10:26 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Rawls will start against Alabama. He will show the world why he was constantly being compared to Mark Ingram and not just because they are both Flint products.

We need a power runner for that game and Rawls might just be a better fit than Fitz.

Am I just trying to convince myself or do I have a point? Thoughts?

I'm going to go with 'both'.

You certainly have a point, no doubt about it. But I think the leap you took (i.e. the convincing of yourself) came when you said "he will show the world why he was constantly being compared to Mark Ingram...".

Hey, maybe he turns out to be that badass. But at this point, without any of us seeing much of him, that's a wishful comment.

But your point about him starting the game could very well prove true, whether or Fitz is allowed to suit up for that game or not.

Perhaps Rawls gets the first couple of series/first quarter?

Either way, GO BLUE.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice...   Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice... EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 12:49 pm

I could see Rawls starting. I think if Fitz was out for the Bama game it would already be known. I do not see a reason for Hoke to be all coy about it if he definitely would be out. Some may say it gives Bama something to prepare for but I do not think that is it.

I think a lot of people are undervaluing V Smith in this situation. We are lucky to have a senior rb with his experience going into the Bama game. He may not be the power runner but he is a solid all around back-good blocker, good runner, good hands and protects the ball.

Clip at 9:13-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03iHQdJATHE&feature=related
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice...   Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice... EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 1:02 pm

I completely agree with you re Vincent Smith.

The guy doesn't look like much, but he's made some CLUTCH plays throughout his career.

He's a little skatback that knows how to do his job...and a great out-of-the-backfield option on 3rd down.

One step further, in regards to the Bama game (if Fitz is forced to sit), he would be a good switchup for Rawls throughout the game.

I also tend to agree you you re Fitz in general. I think he'll play. If he wasn't going to, it probably would already be known.

I think he's letting it marinate with Fitz and scare him a bit.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice...   Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice... EmptyTue Aug 07, 2012 11:47 pm

Good posts everyone.

Yeah I doubt Coach Hoke would play it that coy (as willie said) and I bet it's more that he is making Fitz sweat it out (as Admin said).

I did make a HUGE jump comparing Rawls to Ingram. I guess I let my mind get the better of my fingers (sometimes I type that fast).

I have envisioned V Smith as a situational back in the game since Alabama's D can get outside FAST. Yes their interior is solid too so a power run up the middle could prove to be just as futile but something tells me that coach Hoke wants to play Michigan-type-power-run football on the big stage and not rely on the little backs to "scat" around the field.

My thought is that the fullbacks are gonna see the field a lot in this game.

On a side note, I was pleasantly surprised to hear that Darboh has been turning heads. It was also nice to hear that DG was taking snaps at WR. He is too good to not be on the field.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice...   Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice... Empty

Back to top Go down

Fitz and Frank Clark held out of first practice...
Page 1 of 1