Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

AP Poll

Go down 
+3
joe
BetterThansparty
sandyeggo_blue
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

AP Poll Empty
PostSubject: AP Poll   AP Poll EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 3:30 pm

I saw the AP poll came out and Michigan is #8. What surprised me is that UM got a single first place vote. Interesting.

Wisconsin #12
Sparty #13
Nebraska #17
O$U #18
Penn St didn't get a single vote.

BetterThansparty

AP Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP Poll   AP Poll EmptySat Aug 18, 2012 5:52 pm

I'm wondering, why wasn't this discussed earlier? I didn't think that the AP was out yet either but someone at the bar last weekend found it on his phone. Pedd State was #25...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

AP Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP Poll   AP Poll EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 9:09 am

It just came out yesterday.

Anyone that had it on a phone was just a prediction.

Of a prediction. LMAO

WillieMfan

AP Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP Poll   AP Poll EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 10:51 am

and the One Man Wolf Pack that voted Michigan #1 is from Illinois. I don't get the grief he is taking. It is a pre-season poll you could make a good case for any of the top 10 to be #1. If Michigan beats Bama there will be a hell of a lot more people voting Michigan #1.

http://readability.com/m?url=http%3A%2F%2Fbit.ly%2FRtd3Zm%E2%80%9D
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

AP Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP Poll   AP Poll EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 4:14 pm

God Bless Him!!! lol

BetterThansparty

AP Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP Poll   AP Poll EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 5:10 pm

That's what I told those drunks but they insisted that it was current....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

AP Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP Poll   AP Poll EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:28 pm

If he wasn't a writer from an opposing Big Ten town, I don't think he'd catch as much flack (from his readers, anyway).

But as we've talked about on here before, EVERYONE hates us. They do.

I hate the Yankees. Not for any particular reason either, other than that they're always at the top and I get sick of it.

That's us in the Big Ten.

And a shitty football town like Champagne, IL, despises us.

Now that shitty football town has a writer from it claiming that Michigan is the top team in the country, and they're not happy about it.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

AP Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP Poll   AP Poll EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 8:55 pm

Yankees, Cowboys, Redwings, Lakers, UM, Duke and Notre Dame. All teams that you hate if you aren't a fan of them.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

AP Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP Poll   AP Poll EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Admin wrote:
If he wasn't a writer from an opposing Big Ten town, I don't think he'd catch as much flack (from his readers, anyway).

But as we've talked about on here before, EVERYONE hates us. They do.

I hate the Yankees. Not for any particular reason either, other than that they're always at the top and I get sick of it.

That's us in the Big Ten.

And a shitty football town like Champagne, IL, despises us.

Now that shitty football town has a writer from it claiming that Michigan is the top team in the country, and they're not happy about it.

One of my best friends from high school married an alum from Illinois and he assured me that everyone down there hates us mainly because we win all the time. (He told me this before RichRod came to town obviously.) But this was something that was already well known. Illinois started thinking of us as a rival in the 80's when sleazy Mike White was their coach despite the fact that Bo was kicking their asses up and down the field every year. To this day, it irks them that we don't consider them a rival back. Yeah, I don't get it either.

And I've heard plenty of bad stories about Illinois fans when Michigan is in town. Several years back, the Michigan Marching Band went to Champaign for the game and as they were playing for the tailgaters outside the stadium before the game, Illinois fans were throwing rocks and bottles at them. It was so bad the president of the university wrote a letter of apology to the director. They expect to get this kind of treatment in Columbus but not there. Lesson learned. Illinois fans are jackasses.

In regards to the poll, anyone who gets bent out of shape over our 1 first place vote is a moron. Preseason polls mean nothing about 90% of the time. They really shouldn't even start until 6 games into the season anyway.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

AP Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP Poll   AP Poll EmptySun Aug 19, 2012 11:43 pm

Can't really argue with you there 'fish although I can't really say I hate the Yankees anymore since George passed away. Granted, I still don't like the Yankees but I no longer hate them.

I don't really hate Duke either, more of a meh attitude although I do hate all bouncy-ball so the Lakers are out...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

AP Poll Empty
PostSubject: Re: AP Poll   AP Poll Empty

Back to top Go down

AP Poll
Page 1 of 1