Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Important Question

Go down 
+3
Admin
Go_Blue
uofmchris
7 posters
AuthorMessage
uofmchris

Important Question Empty
PostSubject: Important Question   Important Question EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:26 pm

Do I

a.) watch the game at the Alumni Bar in my hometown (LODO's in Denver... always a GREAT atmosphere for Michigan games)

b.) stay at home and cook a big ass batch of my famous chili and kick it with the fellas while watching on my big screen....

Decisions Decisions...
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Important Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Important Question   Important Question EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:30 pm

First game of the year....hmmm...I would opt for B As long as the friends are cool. Nothing worse than inviting someone over who doesn't understand the passion and so they root for the other team..just to be a sport.

Important Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Important Question   Important Question EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 3:45 pm

Yeah, I have a yearly tradition of making my first batch of chili every season opener..

But this game could be fun to watch with a ton of other Michigan fans.

At this point, I'm leaning with staying in and watching the game with some friends. And I wholeheartedly agree with your thoughts on watching Michigan games with people who are not up to my passion level.. Quite frankly, I LOVE watching Michigan games by myself most of the time.

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Important Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Important Question   Important Question EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:13 pm

Well, my opinion is a bit skewed...

I ONLY hang around people during the games if I'm AT the game.

If I'm not, don't even bother asking to come over (unless you're the girlfriend, of course). Most folks aren't nearly as engaged with college football as I am, and the last thing I want is a couple/few yahoos at my house distracting me from my football...or tempting me to leave my house after a particular game. No. I'm staying here all day, and I'll pass out on my couch watching the Pac-12 nightcap.

I'm really, in an almost scary way, a recluse on fall Saturdays.

I have my set traditions. I have my set supersititions.

I had a friend over to watch the Notre Dame game back when I was 10 or so. We lost. I've never invited anyone over for a game since.

Now, we do cook up a huge batch of food during the mornings. I usually cook a huge batch of 'hot dip', a crockpot full of those mini dogs (in BBQ), sausage rolls (rolled up in biscuits...awesome) and more. Just before the noon games I'll get it all placed on my coffee table in front of the couch....and my food is now taken care of for the remainder of the day. I also no longer have to get off the couch, spare for the occasional Michigan-is-stressing-me-out cigarette, or to go reheat up some of the food that has gone cold.

I'm weird, man. Weird.

But dammit I wouldn't change even if I could.

Go Blue!

Go_Blue

Go_Blue

Important Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Important Question   Important Question EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:30 pm

You're not weird Admin....I am a recluse myself. I want my full attention on the game, not people. Fortunately, living here in Texas, I don't have a lot of friends who want to come over and party during a UM game. my biggest traditions are waving the UM banner, wearing all my UM gear, and not eating anything but Bud Light. I have done the whole, "make a huge spread, but by the time I get through, I am no longer hungry and I know better than to try to eat during the game."

The one exception is the Ohio Game. I get up at 5am and start to cook a healthy breakfast. I then go about making a cheese ball and Pasties. I invite friends over for both, but only true friends who will pull for the Maize and Blue.

I find my game-days are personal to me. Me and my passion. Everyone and everything else can go to hell for a few hours!

BetterThansparty

Important Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Important Question   Important Question EmptyThu Aug 30, 2012 5:54 pm

Admin wrote:
I also no longer have to get off the couch, spare for the occasional Michigan-is-stressing-me-out cigarette, or to go reheat up some of the food that has gone cold.

Are you saying that you keep an empty 2-liter by the couch? Be careful you don't drink from the wrong one...

What happens if you have to take a sit?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Important Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Important Question   Important Question EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 6:45 am

I can't stand watching at a sports bar because you miss to much action because of the non-fans in the bar.

And, I agree with you on this Admin, don't come over to watch unless you are going to WATCH the game. I hate guys that come over and talk during the game.

I'm pathetic, and I know it. I have certain things I "have" to do during a game, like hold my beer when on offense and put it on the end table when on defense. If you don't get as engaged as I am, get the F out.
Back to top Go down
michmike

Important Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Important Question   Important Question EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 8:04 am

Admin wrote:
I'm weird, man. Weird.

Ahem...shouldn't this addition have been posted under the title of 2ndComing's
"STUFF WE ALREADY KNOW" thread????
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

Important Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Important Question   Important Question EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:29 am

michmike wrote:
Admin wrote:
I'm weird, man. Weird.

Ahem...shouldn't this addition have been posted under the title of 2ndComing's
"STUFF WE ALREADY KNOW" thread????

Hahahahaha, you ass!!!!! lol

Well played, sir. Very well played!

Admin
Admin
Admin

Important Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Important Question   Important Question EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 9:31 am

Go_Blue wrote:
You're not weird Admin....I find my game-days are personal to me. Me and my passion. Everyone and everything else can go to hell for a few hours!

Perfectly said. Fall Saturdays are personal and something I truly hold near and dear to my heart.

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Admin wrote:
I also no longer have to get off the couch, spare for the occasional Michigan-is-stressing-me-out cigarette, or to go reheat up some of the food that has gone cold.

Are you saying that you keep an empty 2-liter by the couch? Be careful you don't drink from the wrong one...

What happens if you have to take a sit?

Well, I'll get off the couch to handle that business!

fishgoblue22 wrote:
And, I agree with you on this Admin, don't come over to watch unless you are going to WATCH the game. I hate guys that come over and talk during the game.

I'm pathetic, and I know it. I have certain things I "have" to do during a game, like hold my beer when on offense and put it on the end table when on defense. If you don't get as engaged as I am, get the F out.

GET THE F OUTTTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!! I agree 100%.

the artist formally known

the artist formally known

Important Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Important Question   Important Question EmptyFri Aug 31, 2012 11:54 am

I hate watching Mich with my friends at a bar or anyway. I'm a pretty passionate michigan, fan and they start messuing with me the play bad. I remmember when the Bobcats starting beating them in the NCAA tour, they were complete asses I left the bar and went home to watch it.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Important Question Empty
PostSubject: Re: Important Question   Important Question Empty

Back to top Go down

Important Question
Page 1 of 1