Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Online Petition for michmike

Go down 
+2
Admin
WillieMfan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Online Petition for michmike Empty
PostSubject: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:36 pm

I here by declare that michmike should be required to have an avatar to remain in good standing on this forum. You are clearly an avid reader/contributor to this forum with over 480+ posts to your credit. Yet you refuse to have a proper avatar. I propose a forum law-Any poster with 200+ posts should be required to add a avatar to remain in good standing on the forum. I believe at 200 you have spent enough time here to become a full fledged...um....mgoforum resident and as such should sport an avatar.

All those in agreement please sign below.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 1:49 pm

Lol.

x ADMIN

(I signed the 'dotted' line)
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:39 pm

Forget it. According to WIKI:

"In Hinduism, an avatar is a deliberate descent of a deity to earth, or a descent of the Supreme Being..."

Any entity having any relationship to or within any religion has no place on this apolitical, irreligious Michigan Football forum...remember?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:41 pm

Yes, yes, I was being facetious there.

On a serious note, I've never been good with pictures--drawing,
snapping or pasting...so, no avatar.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:44 pm

Sounds like you are afraid of modern technology?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 6:51 pm

I have failed this forum twice today. I will accept whatever punishment Admin wishes to impose.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 8:52 pm

How about this, Mike? Rick Leach diving for a touchdown against Notre Dame in 1978?

Online Petition for michmike 78NDTD

Considering your love for this game, would this not make a good avatar? We can find you something.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike EmptyWed Oct 10, 2012 10:06 pm

I could make a comment but I like Mike...
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:55 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
I could make a comment but I like Mike...

Such as relates to your allegation of my fear of technology? Yeah, I guess a 40-year Systems Programming
career, the last 10 of which have been spent in Java/server development, will do that to a person, eh?

(As if I have no idea of what you allude to? Ahem...the (mathematically-implied) age of a person so in love with a game played 34 years ago???)
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 7:56 am

Hey---if WH says it, I agree with it, and that settles it.

OK, WH, an avatar of any facet of that game will do!! Hunt one up...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 9:50 am

michmike is so damn intelligent I hardly understand half his posts. I literally have to slowly read his sentences to digest and understand fully. A quick read of his post and I'll have no clue what he even said. lol

(Cue 2nd making a comment about me attending IU)
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 10:07 am

Admin wrote:

Don't be so damned hard on your alma mater. IU has some curricula (e.g., Kelley School of Business) with very strong ratings.

Speaking of Business degrees...

Sometimes I wish to hell I'd have finished the MBA program I said "screw this useless waste" and ceased
to pursue in the mid-70s...having more business acumen would have possibly even enabled me to start
my own software firm. But---you know, being a 20-something, married-without-children, she a dancer, me a tennis player/amateur pitcher, I (told myself I) "just didn't have the time".

Dumbass Youth...eh?
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 11:21 am

Maybe Mike hasn't seen one he like yet, and he looking for the perfect image ( Avatar)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 12:09 pm

michmike wrote:
Admin wrote:

Don't be so damned hard on your alma mater. IU has some curricula (e.g., Kelley School of Business) with very strong ratings.

Oh, I'm not ashamed of my school or anything like that. It's 2nd that always makes comments, so I just figured it would be coming.

You're right, the KSB is a very well-known B-School. And the School of Journalism, which I graduated from, is consistently ranked in the top 10 in the country (usually top 5, behind Northwestern and Mizzou which are definitely the top 2 in the nation).

I wouldn't change going to IU for anything.

(Unless I was given a full-ride to UofM, of course.)
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike EmptyThu Oct 11, 2012 2:19 pm

This is no fun when you make my jokes for me! I'm taking my key-board and going home, oh wait...
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike EmptyFri Oct 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Idea! michmike should have an avatar featuring Bob Ufer. Seems appropriate huh?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Online Petition for michmike   Online Petition for michmike Empty

Back to top Go down

Online Petition for michmike
Page 1 of 1