Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?  Empty
PostSubject: WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?    WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:23 am

Apparently the love for him has soured quite a bit (whether he deserves that or not...but giving up 49 points or whatever to IU will do that to a fanbase).

What are you hearing on your end?

Or, what do you personally think about it?

Is it Fickell, his system, or simply the players on that side of the ball (not enough talent/still young/etc.?)?

Thanks in advance.

I will say this: I think Michigan fans are licking their chops looking at your D, however we know it could be a true shootout with Braxton's rapid improvement this season. Hate using the word impressed with any of our rivals, but he has been impressive this season.
Back to top Go down
https://mgoforum.forumotion.com
WhatsYourDeal

PostSubject: Re: WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?    WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:34 am

Well as we know, many Buckeye fans may lack a chromosome or have one that is mutated.

Many of the fans that have turned against Fickell are completely ignorant to the fact that he is a co-DC along w/Meyer's guy -DB coach and co-DC, Everitt Whithers.

Whithers has great athletes in the secondary IMO, but they have been the most disappointing. So there has been no criticism of Whithers which is very odd.

Fickell has no LBs to work w/as LBs coach, because of injuries and transfers. He is one of the best recruiters on the staff and their have been injuries on the DL as well -which hurts the defense too.

I know these same fans were praising him for 15 years before this year and maybe last year.

So my view, I hope it's not even an issue and that he stays -but Meyer may see it differently.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?    WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:37 am

Just a guess.

He'll be a head coach somewhere within the next 2 hiring seasons.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?    WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:40 am

WhatsYourDeal wrote:

Many of the fans that have turned against Fickell are completely ignorant to the fact that he is a co-DC along w/Meyer's guy -DB coach and co-DC, Everitt Whithers.

Fickell has no LBs to work w/as LBs coach, because of injuries and transfers. He is one of the best recruiters on the staff and their have been injuries on the DL as well -which hurts the defense too.

I think these are the two best points. They all these defensive coaches and no defense. You can't put it all on Fickell. Then there LB's corps. is in such bad shape. If Urban had higher standards and would have not let Klein back on the team thy would have been screwed for sure.
Back to top Go down
WhatsYourDeal

PostSubject: Re: WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?    WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 11:51 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
WhatsYourDeal wrote:

I think these are the two best points. They all these defensive coaches and no defense. You can't put it all on Fickell. Then there LB's corps. is in such bad shape. If Urban had higher standards and would have not let Klein back on the team thy would have been screwed for sure.

Man Klein is terrible. I wish he had higher standards too. lol
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?    WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?  EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 7:12 am

LOL
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?    WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?  EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 8:04 am

WhatsYourDeal wrote:
Well as we know, many Buckeye fans may lack a chromosome or have one that is mutated.

C'mon, no need for flat-out pandering (to us), WYD! I'm sure your leash here isn't that short...

And to a man, every team on earth (OSU and UM alike included), in every sport, at every level, has plenty of
fans, the mere existence of whom is a solid case for periodic expunging of the "gene pool"...eh?

Something comes to mind about L.F., though. Could the overreaction to "his" defense's shortcomings possibly be explained thusly?

Last year, given the cesspoll Tressel left for him to swim out of, he was granted slack...knowing of his situation, and that the "interim" label would never leave his title. But now, those brainless fans expect him to pay the piper in full, with interest...read: a defense that gives up 3 points and 100 yards per game.

Get my drift? Your points are probably more valid, but I just thought such [ridiculous] expectations, brought on by his "year of grace time", might explain some of the nit-picking on him, too...
Back to top Go down
WhatsYourDeal

PostSubject: Re: WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?    WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?  EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 10:20 am

michmike wrote:
WhatsYourDeal wrote:

C'mon, no need for flat-out pandering (to us), WYD! I'm sure your leash here isn't that short...

And to a man, every team on earth (OSU and UM alike included), in every sport, at every level, has plenty of
fans, the mere existence of whom is a solid case for periodic expunging of the "gene pool"...eh?

Something comes to mind about L.F., though. Could the overreaction to "his" defense's shortcomings possibly be explained thusly?

Last year, given the cesspoll Tressel left for him to swim out of, he was granted slack...knowing of his situation, and that the "interim" label would never leave his title. But now, those brainless fans expect him to pay the piper in full, with interest...read: a defense that gives up 3 points and 100 yards per game.

Get my drift? Your points are probably more valid, but I just thought such [ridiculous] expectations, brought on by his "year of grace time", might explain some of the nit-picking on him, too...

Ha, maybe you're right about the leash, but I do mean that about Buckeye fans. I am very aware of the flaws of OSU's fans as I am w/rival fan bases; and I rip on the actions/behavior of them routinely on OSU forums when it needs to be addressed.

As for your point about having ridiculous expectations coming off of a "free pass year," that is probably much of it as well. I just saw a post about LB recruiting from 09-11. OSU signed 10 LBs in this period and only four are currently on the roster. And Shazier is the only one who plays -thank God he exceeded expectations at least. Anyway, can't wait for the games tomorrow. Huge day. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?    WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?  Empty

Back to top Go down

WYD...what are some of your fellow Buckeye friends saying about Fickell?
Page 1 of 1