Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

About the Picture up top.

Go down 
+2
Admin
fishgoblue22
6 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

About the Picture up top. Empty
PostSubject: About the Picture up top.   About the Picture up top. EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:13 am

Is it just me, or does Yost, third form the right; second row, look like he is a bit crazy. Kind of has that psychopath look to him. I guess being a full time coach at a time when that was unheard of had, you had to be a little crazy, and to get these guys to perform at the point a minute rate, they had to have some fear of you.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: About the Picture up top.   About the Picture up top. EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 10:16 am

No, you're definitely right.

However, I notice that a lot of people from back then (in pictures, anyway), look creepy as hell!

Every single one of those guys looks like something from House on Haunted Hill or something!

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: About the Picture up top.   About the Picture up top. EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 9:06 pm

I don't know if you guys remember the beginning for the show Cheers. I was fairly young when that show was on. I liked the show but the intro had all these old pictures of people drinking. It scared the shit out of me. I could never watch it.
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: About the Picture up top.   About the Picture up top. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 8:46 am

WillieMfan wrote:
I don't know if you guys remember the beginning for the show Cheers. I was fairly young when that show was on. I liked the show but the intro had all these old pictures of people drinking. It scared the shit out of me. I could never watch it.

lol. Never would have guessed that intro would scare some poor lad. That's funny.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: About the Picture up top.   About the Picture up top. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:23 am

I've been to the Bull and Finch. Neat place.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: About the Picture up top.   About the Picture up top. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 9:35 am

Yeah, that is funny. I never thought it was scary.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: About the Picture up top.   About the Picture up top. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 10:15 am

WillieMfan wrote:

OMG you're right!

The banner pic reminds me of that intro for Cheers.

I remember watching that as a youngggggggg kid, and in that picture that they zoom in on at the end of the show's intro, they focus in on the one guy holding up his glass - in toast form - with a half-smile on his face:

About the Picture up top. Captur10

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: About the Picture up top.   About the Picture up top. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 10:34 am

Hey joe, I've been there too. It is a neat place. Nothing like Cheers on the inside though.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: About the Picture up top.   About the Picture up top. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 10:44 am

Nothing at all.

But it's cool saying we were there! I got t-shirts and golf balls that said CHEERS

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: About the Picture up top.   About the Picture up top. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 10:55 am

I didn't buy anything, I was a broke young Marine at the time. We had "uniform liberty" meaning we had to wear our uniforms around town. We were in Boston for the 4th of July. I was stationed aboard the USS John F. Kennedy aircraft carrier. So it was a show. But we complained about not being able to go out in civvies, but after the first day of not paying for a drink because we were in uniform most of us changed our tune.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: About the Picture up top.   About the Picture up top. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 11:00 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
But we complained about not being able to go out in civvies, but after the first day of not paying for a drink because we were in uniform most of us changed our tune.

Haha I bet!

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: About the Picture up top.   About the Picture up top. EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 3:52 pm

Cheers is the best TV show of all-time...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About the Picture up top.   About the Picture up top. Empty

Back to top Go down

About the Picture up top.
Page 1 of 1