Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.

Go down 
+2
MichiganFootball13
BetterThansparty
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. Empty
PostSubject: Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.   Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:59 pm

http://news.msn.com/us/penn-state-sorority-apologizes-for-offensive-photo
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.   Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:36 pm

Thats Greek life for ya
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.   Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:38 pm

Whoop dee doo. So they had some fun. Im going to assume drinking and pot smoking were involved. This is a non-story.

They wouldn't have to apologize if they made fun of God or Christians.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.   Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:44 pm

I'm so tired of people trying to make shit up out of nothing.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.   Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 5:51 pm

That wasn't exactly nothing but it wasn't that bad, at least to us because, as far as I know, none of us are Mexican. I just like seeing Penn State get in trouble especially because of their self-perceived image as wholesome...
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.   Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:45 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
That wasn't exactly nothing but it wasn't that bad, at least to us because, as far as I know, none of us are Mexican. I just like seeing Penn State get in trouble especially because of their self-perceived image as wholesome...

I'm latino (mexican). First generation born in America.

It didn't bother me any partly because I'm above it, partly because I was brought up to understand that these things are going to happen, partly because I have thick skin, partly because the stereotype holds some water and partly because I've got other things to concern myself with so I could really care less.

To me, it's a non factor. I'm not sure who our (the latin nation) al sharpton is but I don't hear him/her complaining either.

College kids will be college kids and someone said it earlier, we wouldn't be calling for an apology if it were god or Christians they were making fun of.

JMO
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.   Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 6:46 pm

by the way... my post above isn't meant to speak for all Hispanics everywhere. just me. I'm sure the forum community is smart enough to realize that and not draw that conclusion though
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.   Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 7:39 pm

While reading that, or rather, choosing not to read it, I happened upon the foll. link, further down
that page:

http://news.msn.com/us/at-450-pounds-ohio-killer-fights-execution-with-weight

Crimemy's sake, what won't some people do for notoriety? Or perhaps
more tenably in this clown's case, to avoid a needle in the arm?
(After all, self-preservation is a rather strong human motive, eh?)
Not to disparage the dignity of death, but this guy's a piece of work
even that state ought to be ashamed of.

BTW, Sandy---after reading your two posts immediately above...what I'm convinced I am smart enough to deduce is the solid, noble and laudable substance you're made of. As mature, honorable and socially-commendable a comment and viewpoint as you, or anyone, could take on such a matter. Kudos!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.   Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 7:39 pm

I think we, as a society, need to learn to laugh at ourselves. You can always find something to be offended by.

Most of you know that I have a mentally disabled son. It has made me stronger and thicker skinned. We, me, my wife and daughter, have learned to laugh and enjoy some of the things that others look at as sad or different. He is who he is, and it is fun.

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.   Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:00 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I think we, as a society, need to learn to laugh at ourselves. You can always find something to be offended by.

Most of you know that I have a mentally disabled son. It has made me stronger and thicker skinned. We, me, my wife and daughter, have learned to laugh and enjoy some of the things that others look at as sad or different. He is who he is, and it is fun.

Fish I agree about the laughing at ourselves part but somewhere along the way it became politically incorrect for us to do so. Try and put us all in the same pot and say we are all Americans so this shouldn't be a deal and while that may hold true for certain things for some reason it doesn't here. why? because somewhere along the way the pots became compartmentalized.

For some reason a white guy can't laugh at a black guy and a Mexican can't laugh at an Asian and so on.

Laughing at ourselves now really only means laughing at those who are exactly like me. all others don't get to play and that's just not right and because of that stories like this get blown out of proportion. lame.

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.   Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 8:07 pm

To piggy-back on 'fishs comment I would have been shocked if you were not Mexican by ethnicity 'eggo. You do afterall, live in San Diego...

It's the deal that you're not "one of us" so you can't laugh at it. You know like people who are black calling each other "nigga's" but if anyone else calls them that it is offensive. I get it, but I hear your point. I think a lot of it has to do with personal self-esteem and is perpetuated by the media. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.   Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 10:37 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
To piggy-back on 'fishs comment I would have been shocked if you were not Mexican by ethnicity 'eggo. You do afterall, live in San Diego...

ok a couple more points before I leave this discussion....

1. pretty sure my original screen name (danramirez78) gave me away ha ha.

2. Bo I honestly wouldn't be surprised if there was a larger asian population here in san diego than a hispanic population. that's really saying something when you live in a border town.

3. I doubt the girls at PSU meant to hurt anyone but that doesn't always hold true for everyone that gets caught up in these "sensitive" situations. hurt people hurt people and that doesn't seem to be the case here. clearly just a lapse of judgement so I can let it slide.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.   Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 11:09 pm

I had no idea about your prior screen-name, was that something that I should have known? If so, how? But yes if I would have known it that would have led me to believe yoiu were of hispanic heritage.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.   Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 12:00 am

back in the day on mlive I was danramirez78 and one day I just decided to change it to sandyeggo_blue but this was about the time the AZ and every other troll was changing names and creating multiple accounts and I didn't want to get caught up in all that and be labeled suspect or a troll so I made a public announcement that danramirez78 will now be known as sandyeggo_blue and switched.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.   Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. EmptyThu Dec 06, 2012 1:09 am

Back in the day I wasn't even a Michigan fan so I don't know. However danrameriez does sound familiar.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.   Penn State just can't keep their nose clean. Empty

Back to top Go down

Penn State just can't keep their nose clean.
Page 1 of 1