Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."

Go down 
+7
fishgoblue22
WillieMfan
BetterThansparty
bluebult56
uofmchris
Admin
EJinGA
11 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." Empty
PostSubject: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:08 pm

This popped up from B/R Team Stream.

Not sure what to say about this one. He must not have been offered by OSU and now has a chip on his shoulder.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:24 pm

Yeah.........

A particular scene from Full Metal Jacket involving socks filled with bars of soap in the middle of the night come to mind.

Watch your ass at fall camp, young Reon.

uofmchris

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 2:30 pm

Depth Chart
------------------

>Reon Dawson.
Back to top Go down
bluebult56

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:15 pm

EJinGA wrote:
This popped up from B/R Team Stream.

Not sure what to say about this one. He must not have been offered by OSU and now has a chip on his shoulder.

did not have an offer from ohio. not sure on this one. could he play with a chip on his shoulder and play out of his mind to prove he should have or will he fail because of different loyalties?......
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:55 pm

He was offered by Ohio.... Not OSU....

He probably will not see the field much, if at all.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:17 pm

Scout team player?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:23 pm

This kid is on Michigan? Are you shitting me?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:31 pm

He'll come around
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:44 pm

Maybe so but not a good way to start. In fact I think it was a dick move. Where was his wonderful Ohio State when he was waiting for an offer?
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:50 pm

i think this is a sign of the era...these kids all know each other due to the long recruiting process. likewise there are probably kids who love Michigan but are stuck playing for Sparty. it wasn't smart voicing this, but not that big of a deal. give him one month on campus and he'll be all blue. who would miss that shithole once they've experienced living in AA?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 7:08 am

mgoblue93 wrote:
i think this is a sign of the era...these kids all know each other due to the long recruiting process. likewise there are probably kids who love Michigan but are stuck playing for Sparty. it wasn't smart voicing this, but not that big of a deal. give him one month on campus and he'll be all blue. who would miss that shithole once they've experienced living in AA?

I agree.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 7:36 am

mgoblue93 wrote:

Haha... That explains people's rabid loyalty to OSU. Ohio is so boring and lifeless, they have nothing better to do. Here in Georgia, people are not nearly as into their sports as those of us from the midwest. Other than those from Alabama, their is a major lack of loyalty down here. Lots more to do down here.

I do have to respect OSU fan's for being as loyal as they are. Ohio is a tough place to drive through, let alone live there. Every summer I have the urge to head north and visit home, but knowing I have to drive through Ohio is a deal breaker.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 8:45 am

Folks, seriously...how do any of us know that misstatement (so it clearly sounds to be) was at all genuine? Could be one big ploy...

The kid had already committed to Illinois, after all. I didn't see anywhere in that article that he voiced his OSU love during his brief tenure as an Illini commit...

I'm not worried one bit. The fact our coaching staff offered and signed him is assurance enough for me.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:03 am

michmike wrote:
Folks, seriously...how do any of us know that misstatement (so it clearly sounds to be) was at all genuine? Could be one big ploy...

The kid had already committed to Illinois, after all. I didn't see anywhere in that article that he voiced his OSU love during his brief tenure as an Illini commit...

I'm not worried one bit. The fact our coaching staff offered and signed him is assurance enough for me.

I was thinking similarly that he was probably interviewed by an ohio based newspaper. They probably just asked him about being a buckeye fan growing up, and he candidly responded. Hardly a big deal. He'll be blue for life now.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:06 am

EJinGA wrote:
mgoblue93 wrote:

Haha... That explains people's rabid loyalty to OSU. Ohio is so boring and lifeless, they have nothing better to do. Here in Georgia, people are not nearly as into their sports as those of us from the midwest. Other than those from Alabama, their is a major lack of loyalty down here. Lots more to do down here.

I do have to respect OSU fan's for being as loyal as they are. Ohio is a tough place to drive through, let alone live there. Every summer I have the urge to head north and visit home, but knowing I have to drive through Ohio is a deal breaker.

hey now i didn't mean the entire state! just cbus and all the trailer parks lol..im from ohio like willy and many other m fans. the west side of cleveland.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 10:58 am

This story has made its way up the ladder to Deadspin now:

http://deadspin.com/5982650/michigan-football-recruit-until-i-die-im-gonna-be-a-buckeye-fan-this-ought-to-go-over-well

Althought I noticed in the comments section from this article that someone quoted a tweet from Mike McCray (who went to HS with Reon, I believe. At least they're both from Trotwood, OH.):

"@BIGPLAYMCCRAY9: Just got off the phone with Reon he said he didn't say he loves ohio state he said"He loves the state of ohio"reporter changed up his words."

michmike

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:12 am

Admin, the two (Ohio State, the State of Ohio) sound pretty damned synonymous to me.

After all, we all know the answer to "What is the State of Ohio"?

(A: utter chaos...)

Friday play on words...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:06 pm

michmike wrote:
Admin, the two (Ohio State, the State of Ohio) sound pretty damned synonymous to me.

Friday play on words...

Hahaha. Touche, mike. Touche.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:36 pm

Admin wrote:
michmike wrote:

Friday play on words...

Hahaha. Touche, mike. Touche.

I was thining the same thing mike, double-touche...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 11:13 am

http://www.themblock.com/2013/02/reon-dawson-clears-air.html?m=1
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 12:49 pm

Geeeeeee, an Ohio reporting twisting the words of a Ohio high school kid just after he signed with UM??? Nah...don't believe that!! LOL
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." EmptySat Feb 09, 2013 1:49 pm

I would love to see Reon use this as fuel to play the game of his life every year against O$U and then dedicate his performance to the reporter that twisted his words.

PostSubject: Re: Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."   Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan." Empty

Back to top Go down

Reon Dawson: "Until I die, I'm gonna be a Buckeye fan."
Page 1 of 1