Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.  Empty
PostSubject: Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.    Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.  EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 4:35 pm

This is funny. I like this kid. Shows what a spoiled bitch Urban is.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1664289-5-star-miami-commit-kc-mcdermott-talks-recruiting-and-turning-down-urban-meyer
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.    Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.  EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:25 pm

Ha.......now that would of been priceless to see! They don't call him Urban Crier for nothing.

Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.    Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.  EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 5:33 pm

In usual Buckeye tradition, you offer a kid free cars, prostitutes and tattoos and he STILL doesn't sign up to play for you? Blasphemy!

I guess I could understand why Urban would cry over that.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.    Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.  EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 6:19 pm

The story is funny no doubt but it really brings to light the big issue with Urban and his recruitment. Urban Meyer can NOT recruit and O Line to save his life. Even Buckeye fans on their message boards are starting to wonder WTF is going on. If Jamarco Jones signs with O$U then it will be a step in the right direction for some redemption but if they don't land Jones and he ends up at MSU or UM the meltdown in Ohio is going to be EPIC.

I will have to find some message board threads of theirs that I've read recently where O$U fans are seriously starting to get upset at Urban because they guy just can't (and really never has) close a deal on an elite O Line kid.

Urban was coach at Florida from 2005 - 2010 so I checked and found that only four OLine guys that Urban recruited were drafted from Florida and they were Maurkice Pouncey, Mike Pouncey, Marcus Gilbert and Maurice Hurt.

Now if you're talking DE, DT, WR and CB that's a whole new story. Urban Crier has a great track record getting those positions drafted.

Still would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to see the look on his face.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.    Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.  EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 6:21 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
In usual Buckeye tradition, you offer a kid free cars, prostitutes and tattoos and he STILL doesn't sign up to play for you? Blasphemy!

I guess I could understand why Urban would cry over that.

in all fairness I'm sure Miami promised the kid just as many free cars, prostitutes and tattoos, probably even more. O$U hatred aside, there is no doubt in my mind that Miami is the least regulated program in DI football.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.    Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.  EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 6:55 pm

If you're gonna go dirty, why not go to the #1 dirty program around...
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.    Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.  EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 8:43 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
The story is funny no doubt but it really brings to light the big issue with Urban and his recruitment. Urban Meyer can NOT recruit and O Line to save his life. Even Buckeye fans on their message boards are starting to wonder WTF is going on. If Jamarco Jones signs with O$U then it will be a step in the right direction for some redemption but if they don't land Jones and he ends up at MSU or UM the meltdown in Ohio is going to be EPIC.

I will have to find some message board threads of theirs that I've read recently where O$U fans are seriously starting to get upset at Urban because they guy just can't (and really never has) close a deal on an elite O Line kid.

Urban was coach at Florida from 2005 - 2010 so I checked and found that only four OLine guys that Urban recruited were drafted from Florida and they were Maurkice Pouncey, Mike Pouncey, Marcus Gilbert and Maurice Hurt.

Now if you're talking DE, DT, WR and CB that's a whole new story. Urban Crier has a great track record getting those positions drafted.

Still would have loved to have been a fly on the wall to see the look on his face.

Just read on 24/7 that Jones is announcing at 1:00PM on the 27th. BTW - every guru on 24/7 is saying he is going to the Puke-eyes.

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.    Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.  EmptyThu Jun 06, 2013 9:52 pm

Yep the 27th is the date. A few bits I thought I'd pass or re-pass on.

I don't know if he's going to visit any schools between now and then.

I know that his mother wants him to go to Michigan because of the academics.

I know that he has several friends that are either at MSU now or have committed to their 2014 class.

I know that Michigan is the ONLY school's fans and recruits that he retweets. Not O$U, not MSU, not ND. Just seems weird enough to mention.

In my mind, it's really a three horse race with MSU, UM and O$U.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.    Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.  EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 6:58 am

Wouldnt it be something if he commits to Michigan or MSU? In all fairness, I could see why he wouldnt want to play for Michigan, with such a deep OL. You bring up a good point on Meyer not being the best recruiter of offensive linemen. I would love to see Jones snub The Urban Myth for one of the schools up north.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.    Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.  EmptyFri Jun 07, 2013 12:24 pm

EJinGA wrote:
Wouldnt it be something if he commits to Michigan or MSU? In all fairness, I could see why he wouldnt want to play for Michigan, with such a deep OL. You bring up a good point on Meyer not being the best recruiter of offensive linemen. I would love to see Jones snub The Urban Myth for one of the schools up north.

A complete meltdown on 11warriors would be in full effect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.    Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.  Empty

Back to top Go down

Miami recruit turns down Urban Meyer, almost makes him cry.
Page 1 of 1