Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?

Go down 
+6
ThatGuy
dwoody
fishgoblue22
MGOBLUEBC
wshoes
mgoblue93
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mgoblue93

If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? Empty
PostSubject: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 1:10 pm

Why it makes sense:

1) He had a buyout clause in his UF contract that listed three schools: Notre Dame, Ohio, and Michigan. This suggests he values and respects Michigan.

2) I believe Meyer really left because he believes he should not have been suspended. I'm from Ohio and spent the holidays there (Villa Angela-St Joseph alum, as are Desmond/Grbac.) Some folks I know who are die hard Ohio fans, swear that Meyer is a victim of misleading reporting. I scoffed at first and laughed, but after several drinks I was forced to listen. I'm not going to breakdown the reporting, but I will say it is plausible that Meyer was tarred and feathered by deceptive reporting. In my opinion, it is likely that Ohio dropped the ball with Meyer; and there is no doubt that Meyer believes that OSU president Michael Drake hung him out to dry. Breaks my heart, but that said, could this further play into our advantage?

3) Bo was a Woody Hayes disciple at Ohio, and look how that turned out. Hiring Meyer would one-up that. Imagine the panic and the turmoil it would cause to everything associated with that program?

4) I get the feeling that Meyer is waiting for the Notre Dame job to open up. Maybe we can get an elite coach instead of another rival?

If we experience more of the same in year five with Harbaugh, I am open to this option. When Harbaugh was hired, along with everyone else, I though we found our man. I'm growing impatient. Anyway, tell me how crazy I am now.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 2:14 pm

Not. AT. All.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 2:17 pm

wshoes wrote:
Not. AT. All.

Make that two of us.

The guy is a lying scumbag IMO. NO THANKS.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 3:24 pm

Nope
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 3:26 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
wshoes wrote:
Not. AT. All.

Make that two of us.

Fair enough, but how much of your hate towards Meyer was created by the Ohio fan base? Is he really that bad of a guy?

I'm sure he's lied to recruits. I'm also sure that our coaches lie to recruits. We need to bury this sanctimonious and unrealistic view if we're ever going to compete.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 4:56 pm

Meyer is dirt.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 5:55 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
wshoes wrote:
Not. AT. All.

Make that two of us.

Non-starter. Stupid question. Great coach, total asshole of a person.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 7:41 pm

mgoblue93, is this your idea of a JOKE???

Pretty sick one if so. And pretty naïve question if not.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 7:48 pm

AND, 93, YES, he's "that bad of a guy"...as Christine Brennan of USA today pointed up in her widely-discussed article ("A good coach but not a good man".)  If the perception at OSU (i.e., all that matters is his winning %) were UNIVERSAL, society could forget the "dark side of the coin" and canonize/deify all the following because:

--OJ Simpson and Lawrence Phillips were good running backs.
--Rae Carruth was a good wideout.
--Aaron Hernandez was a good tight-end.
--Denny McClain was a good pitcher.
--Mike Tyson was a good boxer.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptySun Jan 06, 2019 11:51 pm

michmike wrote:
AND, 93, YES, he's "that bad of a guy"...as Christine Brennan of USA today pointed up in her widely-discussed article ("A good coach but not a good man".)  If the perception at OSU (i.e., all that matters is his winning %) were UNIVERSAL, society could forget the "dark side of the coin" and canonize/deify all the following because:

Oh please.  It's one thing if you don't want Meyer, but your hate of OSU has you comparing its ex coach to murderers and thugs.  Christine Brennan is just another extreme left reporter who is a huge proponent of the me too movement and has no respect for due process.  

I work in the DC area and I actually have an acquaintance who went to high school with Brett Kavenaugh and remains very close to him today.  His case is very similar to Meyer's in that the media wrote virtually everything about him without consequence, while having an agenda.  Needless to say I watched the media try to destroy this man while having no evidence.  "We believe you" (without evidence) was the theme, if you recall the nutjobs that supported Christine Blasey Ford.

I'm not going to sit here and defend Ohio State's coach, but I feel it's important we defend due process.  Just know that horrible people like Christine Brennan are a threat to our Constitution.  Sports reporters are the absolute worst!  

That said, just trying to think outside the box.  Watch what happens though -ND will get Meyer and will win an NC.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 12:05 am

mgoblue93 wrote:
michmike wrote:

Oh please.  It's one thing if you don't want Meyer, but your hate of OSU has you comparing its ex coach to murderers and thugs.  Christine Brennan is just another extreme left reporter who is a huge proponent of the me too movement and has no respect for due process.  

I work in the DC area and I actually have an acquaintance who went to high school with Brett Kavenaugh and remains very close to him today.  His case is very similar to Meyer's in that the media wrote virtually everything about him without consequence, while having an agenda.  Needless to say I watched the media try to destroy this man while having no evidence.  "We believe you" (without evidence) was the theme, if you recall the nutjobs that supported Christine Blasey Ford.

I'm not going to sit here and defend Ohio State's coach, but I feel it's important we defend due process.  Just know that horrible people like Christine Brennan are a threat to our Constitution.  Sports reporters are the absolute worst!  

That said, just trying to think outside the box.  Watch what happens though -ND will get Meyer and will win an NC.

So the Aaron Hernandez thing has no bearing? How about Zach Smith?

NO POLITICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should be banned.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 12:21 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
mgoblue93 wrote:
michmike wrote:

So the Aaron Hernandez thing has no bearing?  How about Zach Smith?

NO POLITICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should be banned.

Speaking of banned, weren't you kicked at one point? Too bad for second chances.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 7:26 am

93 (IQ):  "Oh please...comparing [Meyer]...to thugs and murderers..."

Apologies. My mistake.  Is it okay if I compare him to a FACILITATOR of thugs and murderers?

Your ultra-right-wing convictions [to judge by the above parallel you attempt to draw] are evident. Little surprise you would even mention Meyer's name in any conversation centering around the coaching situation at U-M.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 10:09 am

Well, 93, I would not want him at Michigan.

I can't take the argument he was left out to dry. He facilitated a woman beater. Period. End of Story.

In my opinion no other discussion needs to be had.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 11:32 am

mgoblue93 wrote:
...That said, just trying to think outside the box.  Watch what happens though -ND will get Meyer and will win an NC...

Back on topic, this is the truest and scariest part of this post.

93 I had this same thought, albeit for a fleeting second, but it did run through my mind. Especially with the Kelly to the NFL rumors swirling.

This would be a nightmare scenario. The only thing worse would be Saban back to MSU.

MGOBLUEBC

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 2:29 pm

As far as I'm concerned, I'd rather he was at ND than land at another BT school or was still at Columbus. At least when we'd lose to him it wouldn't affect our BT record.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 12:22 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
mgoblue93 wrote:
...That said, just trying to think outside the box.  Watch what happens though -ND will get Meyer and will win an NC...

Back on topic, this is the truest and scariest part of this post.

93 I had this same thought, albeit for a fleeting second, but it did run through my mind. Especially with the Kelly to the NFL rumors swirling.

This would be a nightmare scenario. The only thing worse would be Saban back to MSU.

I mentioned that a long time ago. Kelly leaving for Green Bay is paramount for meyer to go to notre dame though. IMHO he wouldn't be allowed the be as shady at notre dame.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 7:31 am

While it's true that leaving for ND as opposed to staying at o$u or going to another B1G school are two different things you have to look at the big picture here which includes recruiting.

Of course being a recruiting guy almost all news/rumors/scenarios all end in me running strait to the effects of recruiting. Since UM and ND (and o$u) consistently vie for many of the same kids and compete in the same recruiting grounds I think Meyer to ND would have had a larger impact that you would think. But that's JMO.

My best bet is that Tampa is probably the place that will try the hardest to get Kelly. I saw that GB hired a coach last night and IMO there was never a chance that BK was going there. I wonder how well BK's hot head and yelling will go over with grown adults in the NFL. Maybe he knows his coaching style is best suited for CFB and he stays put.

BOLEACH7

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? EmptyTue Jan 08, 2019 5:02 pm

Kelly would last half a season in the pros at best with his temperament trying to coach millionaire prima donnas .... just like Meyer would never succeed in the pros because of his coaching style
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?   If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be? Empty

Back to top Go down

If Urban Meyer was available, how open would you be?
Page 1 of 1