Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hey Historian, Whatcha got on

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

Hey Historian, Whatcha got on Empty
PostSubject: Hey Historian, Whatcha got on   Hey Historian, Whatcha got on EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:05 pm

Harlan Huckleby?

He was one of my favorites and just about the first player I remember "in person".

I actually went to my first game, I think, in the Autumn of 1974. That was when my oldest brother was a Freshman. I believe we played Navy and crushed them. I had to look up the opponent for this.

The next year I remember seeing us play Missouri after we had tied a couple teams. We were 1-0-2. They had a guy named Tony Galbreath on their team and we shut them down pretty well.

But HARLAN HUCKLEBY was my first favorite name. Many followed.

dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Hey Historian, Whatcha got on   Hey Historian, Whatcha got on EmptyMon Aug 19, 2013 11:22 pm

I was at Michigan part of his time there...we called him Harlan Fumblebee. He dropped it a lot.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Hey Historian, Whatcha got on   Hey Historian, Whatcha got on EmptyTue Aug 20, 2013 12:32 am

The statistics archive at MGoBlue.com has been down for months so I don't know his personal best games by heart.

Harlan's games that I have are 76, 77 and 78 OSU, 78 Notre Dame, 76 Minnesota (although the picture is bad), and 77 Texas A&M

I don't have time to check but I think these games might have been "Harlan Heavy."

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hey Historian, Whatcha got on   Hey Historian, Whatcha got on Empty

Back to top Go down

Hey Historian, Whatcha got on
Page 1 of 1