Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nik Stauskas who?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Nik Stauskas who? Empty
PostSubject: Nik Stauskas who?   Nik Stauskas who? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 9:08 pm

For all of you that follow basketball, here is Michigan's first commit for the 2014 class. He isn't ranked on Rivals,almost certainly because he didn't play AAU ball last summer. I can't see him being outside of the top 100 after his senior season.

Anyways, take a look at this 6'9 232 pound center's mid-range game. Can you imagine him stretching defenses in the John Beilein offense? I can.

sandyeggo_blue

Nik Stauskas who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nik Stauskas who?   Nik Stauskas who? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 9:59 pm

so I think everyone agrees that GRIII is gone next year. Does Doyle fill that stretch four role?

hailtoyourvictor

Nik Stauskas who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nik Stauskas who?   Nik Stauskas who? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:21 pm

No I don't see Doyle playing anything but the 5. He is 30 pounds heavier and an inch taller than Mark Donnal. I think next year will look like:

PG: Walton / Spike
SG: Stauskas / LeVert / recruit
SF: Irvin / recruit (our top 5 targets are all SG/SF)
PF: Donnal / Bielfeldt
C: Hoford / Doyle

A dream player for the stretch 4 would be 5* Kevin Looney from Wisconsin. He has a Kevin Durant like frame and game, but I see him going to Duke.

sandyeggo_blue

Nik Stauskas who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nik Stauskas who?   Nik Stauskas who? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:36 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
No I don't see Doyle playing anything but the 5. He is 30 pounds heavier and an inch taller than Mark Donnal. I think next year will look like:

PG: Walton / Spike
SG: Stauskas / LeVert / recruit
SF: Irvin / recruit (our top 5 targets are all SG/SF)
PF: Donnal / Bielfeldt
C: Hoford / Doyle

A dream player for the stretch 4 would be 5* Kevin Looney from Wisconsin. He has a Kevin Durant like frame and game, but I see him going to Duke.

So Looney is going to narrow it down to 5 soon and Michigan is expected to be on that list but like you said, I think I read too that Duke is still the team to beat.

From what I recall we're still leading for Booker and probably Bluiett now that Stevens left for Boston. I don't really see a four in this year's class. Are we really banking on Donnal for at least two solid years?

Also, not to nit pick because I know where he lands on your list anyways but I didn't see McGary on your list. Thought that was funny enough for me to say something. Smoking much Very Happy 

hailtoyourvictor

Nik Stauskas who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nik Stauskas who?   Nik Stauskas who? EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 10:51 pm

I don't see any way McGary stays. He is already the age of most juniors and should be a lottery pick.

Next years class is interesting. Like you said, there isn't anyone to play the 4. JB must have a lot of faith in Donnal or Bielfeldt, because he is literally recruiting all SG/SFs. On paper that team looks weak, but who is to say Walton/Irivin/LeVert/Stauskas don't become elite?

Also, Michigan is becoming "Point Guard U". Darius Morris, then Trey Burke. That title run, Burke's NPOY, and his lottery pick is huge for Michigan. We should be landing another elite PG in the 2015 class.

Nik Stauskas who? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nik Stauskas who?   Nik Stauskas who? Empty

Back to top Go down

Nik Stauskas who?
Page 1 of 1