Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Little brother faithful at it again...

Go down 
+7
sandyeggo_blue
Admin
WolverineHistorian
ThatGuy
joe
fishgoblue22
hailtoyourvictor
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

Little brother faithful at it again... Empty
PostSubject: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 2:28 pm

Reading this threads kind of make me feel bad for the guys... They try so hard to convince themselves that they are on (and above) Michigan's level.

http://michiganstate.247sports.com/Board/93/Spartans-Could-Own-State-In-2015-20387228/1

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 2:45 pm

My little brother just texted me and said "looking at MSU's schedule, they should be undefeated heading into the Nov matchup with UM".
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 3:05 pm

Does he really think they beat ND? And, is he an MSU fan?

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 3:08 pm

I don't even bother with them at this point. It is nice to drop fly-by quips to provoke their obvious insecurity issues though. It helps keep them engaged....

Just like Gremlins, interacting with sparty has rules:

1.) Never put reality in their face (No bright light).
2.) Never try to wash the green envy from them (Never get them wet).
3.) Never ever post on one of their message boards (Never feed them after mid-night).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 4:40 pm

joe wrote:

Yes and yes.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 4:50 pm

joe wrote:

Every sparty thinks that they own rudy. Sure they have defeated rudy more times than anyone but they have also played rudy 5 times more than every other school that isn't a service academy...

It's pointless to try to understand "sparty-logic". Growing up by a lot of them I have a keen insight into their Mental Illness though (plus my education explained much of their mind-set all in theory though)...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 4:58 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
My little brother just texted me and said "looking at MSU's schedule, they should be undefeated heading into the Nov matchup with UM".  

Their schedule is pretty bad.  They don't have to play OSU for the 14th time in the last 30 years.  (I never understood why OSU rotates off their schedule so often.)  They used to have Notre Dame's number but the Domers have been back to beating them the last couple years.  That could be a big hurdle.  

In all seriousness, I have no idea what to expect out of Sparty this year.  They will have a solid defense.  But they lost their biggest weapons from an offense that was ranked 117th last year.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:52 pm

It's amazing the things they can get away with saying on that board.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 5:54 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
joe wrote:

Yes and yes.

How did he end up a Sparty fan?

Or, more specifically, how did you two find yourselves rooting for rivals?

I guess it's not difficult when I take a step back. I'm a diehard Cubbies fan and my younger brother is a Cardinals fan. Yuck.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:22 pm

In all fairness they are recruiting Cole really really hard and by all accounts right now I'd say sparty and UM are neck and neck. This time last month Cole was a UM lock but not so fast my friend. Montgomery needs to get up to his backyard and get Cole on board. The ace up our sleeve right now is that Speight and Campbell are recruiting Cole pretty hard.

This is going to be interesting though.

****EDIT**** I also want to reiterate that we may never even offer Jayru so I can see sparty getting those guys for sure but if we pass on Jayru that just means we got someone better so sparty's argument holds no water.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:40 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
****EDIT**** I also want to reiterate that we may never even offer Jayru so I can see sparty getting those guys for sure but if we pass on Jayru that just means we got someone better so sparty's argument holds no water.

Not in spartys mind...

It will turn into Dantonio can out-recruit Hoke. Trust me, I know this.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:42 pm

Perhaps I'm not seeing everything, but I don't understand the fascination with Jayru to begin with, personally.

Sure, the kid has some potential, has at least one state championship ring, etc....but I don't see SUPERSTAR written all over him.

Not to mention, aren't we trying to get back to a traditional Michigan offense? I don't think Jayru 'qualifies' as the pocket passer we're looking for in the future.

Just my two pennies.

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:47 pm

Maybe sparty wants to go back to the jls days?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 6:52 pm

Admin wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
joe wrote:

Yes and yes.

I guess it's not difficult when I take a step back. I'm a diehard Cubbies fan and my younger brother is a Cardinals fan. Yuck.

I'm the odd ball in the family. Both brothers and both sisters are sparty fans. Younger brother's daughter went to state. The rest I don't understand because they have no ties. My older sister and her husband had sparty season tickets a few years ago, but they bought them because her friend has them.

Me, my wife and my dad are flying the block M.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:01 pm

Well, then you, your wife and your dad are A-OK in my book!

The others...may God have mercy on their souls! lol j/k

WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 11:17 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Admin wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
joe wrote:

Yes and yes.

I'm the odd ball in the family.  Both brothers and both sisters are sparty fans.  Younger brother's daughter went to state.  The rest I don't understand because they have no ties.  My older sister and her husband had sparty season tickets a few years ago, but they bought them because her friend has them.

Every family has a few bad eggs. One of my uncles is a major Sparty fan as well.

Last edited by WolverineHistorian on Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 12:03 am

Admin wrote:
Perhaps I'm not seeing everything, but I don't understand the fascination with Jayru to begin with, personally.

Sure, the kid has some potential, has at least one state championship ring, etc....but I don't see SUPERSTAR written all over him.

Not to mention, aren't we trying to get back to a traditional Michigan offense? I don't think Jayru 'qualifies' as the pocket passer we're looking for in the future.

Just my two pennies.

Admin, by all means I am not dissing Jayru when I say he may never even get an offer. UM just has way bigger fish on their board at this point. I posted about them a few posts back.

believe the Jayru hype though. He's going to be legit. He's 6'3" now and may grow another 2 inches by the time he hits campus. That will be more than enough of a frame to put some good weight on.

Like you said, he's got two rings already and will probably get another before he leaves CT. But you're right, he's not the pro passer we're looking for.

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 6:32 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Admin wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
joe wrote:

Yes and yes.

I'm the odd ball in the family.  Both brothers and both sisters are sparty fans.  Younger brother's daughter went to state.  The rest I don't understand because they have no ties.  My older sister and her husband had sparty season tickets a few years ago, but they bought them because her friend has them.

I had a lot of friends in Michigan who were State fans, and with affiliation to them. They just hated Michigan, like some people hate the Yankees.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 2:36 pm

EJinGA wrote:
I had a lot of friends in Michigan who were State fans, and with affiliation to them. They just hated Michigan, like some people hate the Yankees.

That's the truth. The town that I grew up in was directly in the middle between A2 and east landfill. Growing up, I held no particular affinity to either school but after I went to Michigan that all changed of course. There were always some nice fights every fall when the annual sparty beat-down was about to take place. Of course with me being the instigator for basically everything I had fun and confused the hell out of everyone because I really didn't care when I was younger. After Michigan won I'd ridicule sparty fans and insult their Jr. High. If sparty won I'd insist all the Wal-Mart fans go shopping for tissues to cry in. Yea, I was that guy. Of course now I hate sparty more than most people I know. But to reflect on EJ's point yes sparty lives and breathes to hate Michigan, they care nothing at all about their own school, only about Big Brother. I mentioned my indifference for a reason, that reason was to show that I had several sparty friends. They insecurity they feel towards Michigan is so evident in the fact that a few of them really try not to talk to me anymore after I went to Michigan. Of course there are a few who are rational and intelligent people but they realize that they have a Mental Illness from the fact that they like sparty....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:28 pm

Wait, you went to Michigan and you pulled the "Wal-Mart" card on other Michigan fans?

Come on, man.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyWed Aug 07, 2013 11:59 pm

Yep, there are fans and then there are Wal-Mart fans. Fans I like, Wal-Mart fans I can do without.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:11 am

How do you define a Wal-Mart fan? My MSU friends consider anyone that cheers for Michigan without going to Michigan a Wal-Mart fan.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:50 am

People that have absolutely no connection to Michigan (never went to school there, never bought season tickets to anything, don't care about anything other than football, etc.)

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:35 am

Oh ok. Get this, some of my friends are die hard Michigan football fans, but die hard Duke basketball fans. Heck, one is even a diehard Michigan football fan and a diehard Michigan St. basketball fan. That is a punchable offense, IMO.

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 6:35 am

My brother went to Michigan, and other than being raised as a Michigan fan, I will admit I have no affiliation to them. Does that make me a Wal-Mart fan? Well, that's your opinion. I'd say that 95% or more of fans would be considered as such. Not everyone has the resources to attend the school or buy season tickets.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 9:53 am

EJinGA wrote:
My brother went to Michigan, and other than being raised as a Michigan fan, I will admit I have no affiliation to them. Does that make me a Wal-Mart fan? Well, that's your opinion. I'd say that 95% or more of fans would be considered as such. Not everyone has the resources to attend the school or buy season tickets.
Yep, I'm a Wal-Mart fan. I grew up a UM fan. No affiliation, don't buy season tickets. FYI, screw 2nd and his hollier than thou attitude toward fans.
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 12:02 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
EJinGA wrote:
Yep, I'm a Wal-Mart fan.  I grew up a UM fan.  No affiliation, don't buy season tickets.  FYI, screw 2nd and his hollier than thou attitude toward fans.
i agree, and I doubt 2nd attended UM. nothing personal, jmho
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 3:08 pm

I always laugh at MSU (or UofM) fans that tell me I can't be a Michigan fan because I didn't go to Michigan. How many MSU/UofM alum have gone out to eat with the team the day before their bowl game?

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyThu Aug 08, 2013 4:13 pm

Wait a second, did I call anyone here a "Wal-Mart Wolverine"? I didn't think so. Please notice my brief explanation, it included the term "etc." That means people who are very involved with following program count as Michigan fans as well. I welcome them, heck throw out the fact that I went to Michigan and I wouldn't qualify either. Outside of season-student tickets, I've never technically had season tickets either.

EJ, your brother went to Michigan. That means that you have a connection to Michigan much closer than going to Wal-Mart and buying a shirt.

'fish, you spend a lot of time on Michigan forums, you follow Michigan closely. Granted, a lot of your ideals differ from that of Michigan (politically at least) but that in of itself isn't a reason to squash the relationship. Heck, look at the Governor of the State of Michigan. He is a republican and has done many questionable things in the state (i.e. making Michigan a "right-to-work" state, allowing weapons in schools/churches/stadiums/etc., cut funding for Mental Health programs, etc.) yet he is an Alumnus of The University of Michigan and therefore a Michigan Man.

93, your doubt is incorrect and common when someone disagrees with me. The first thing out of someone's mouth when they disagree with me is "I doubt that you went to Michigan." That is actually flattering because that means that you put Michigan up on such a pedestal they can do no wrong. And then when they see my Class ring they realize that they are wrong, really wrong.

'hail, I also dislike people who root for one university in this sport but another school in another sport. Get this, I knew a woman in Saginaw who said that Michigan was her favorite school, Michigan state for bouncy-ball, and ohio for Football. I ethically cannot reveal any more details about her but yea, that's not right.

EJ, 'fish, and 93: Why are you acting so defensive?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 6:28 am

I'm not defensive. I really don't care what you, or anyone else thinks of my fanhood, or anyone elses for that matter.

I am from Michigan, and while I am seven years removed, I support and follow my home teams. Thats all that matters.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... Empty

Back to top Go down

Little brother faithful at it again...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next