Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Little brother faithful at it again...

Go down 
+7
sandyeggo_blue
Admin
WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty
joe
fishgoblue22
hailtoyourvictor
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Little brother faithful at it again... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 7:46 am

I was very fortunate to have been able to go to Mich and blessed again when my son was able to go-BUT- there are not two classes of fan divided between those who went and those who didn't. Those who did not are not lesser fans in ANY way. I appreciate all true fans.

There is another dividing line though and that is between the fair weather/front running fans and the thick and thinners. Unfortunately we got to see this dividing line from 2008 through 2010. The "conditional fans" I don't care about so much.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 10:21 am

Shoes, bite-eth thine tongue (Re: your response to the Jared Wangler thread: "Mike, as usual, no one says it better").

YOU just said it better than I did...regarding this thread. Well said, my man!!  Fair-weather, stick-with-'em-through-thick-or-thicker-only fans are not only dime-a-million, but they're also hypocritical. Meaning, they aren't "fans" at all: in my book, fans are a team's/athlete's friends as well. And friends don't desert you in times of greatest need.

Yes, this issue was most blatantly manifest, as you pointed out, during the RichRod miscarriage (or was that "mis-CARR-iage?") but hell---I even saw it, to an extent, last year and before. So many FWF's pinning the ND loss on Denard (who indeed performed poorly)...they being the same people who loved him to death after he guided us to 40 points and our skid-ending win over OSU in '11...and wins over ND in
'10 and '11.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 09, 2013 2:29 pm

Let's reflect on something, did I ever call you a Wal-Mart Wolverine EJ? No I did not. Did I even say anything negative about being a Wal-Mart Wolverine? No I did not. You're a fan and that's all I care about. Remember, I have a different definition of the term than sparty does. But the next time someone calls you a Wal-Mart Wolverine call them a Save-a-lot sparty. I love it when people try to insult me by saying that I'm a Wal-Mart Wolverine (when they form that opinion strictly because I might be wearing a Michigan shirt), then I flash my ring and inform them that I did graduate from The University of Michigan. That's when I ask them if they went to sparty, if/when they say no that's when I ask them, "So you're just a Save-a-lot sparty then? What's the matter, you can't even jump on the bandwagon of a good school?"

Yea 'shoes the "Conditional Fans" are not good but we see them all across sports. If a team isn't performing very well people will stop going. If the team is winning they'll come back. Look at the Tigers. Back in the early 2000's a friend and I would all of a sudden decide to go to a Tigers game, buy the $5 Pepsi Porch seats, but then end up sitting behind home plate because those were empty. That isn't gonna happen now, first of all you're lucky if the game isn't sold out, but if it isn't the cheapest thing that you will find is $20. It's that way with everything

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Little brother faithful at it again...   Little brother faithful at it again... - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Little brother faithful at it again...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2