Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE

Go down 
+8
michmike
MichiganFootball13
wshoes
ThatGuy
GOBLUEJOE66
blu4vr
fishgoblue22
Admin
12 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE Empty
PostSubject: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 12:30 pm

Sometime yesterday, the forum saw it's 23,000th post.

Unbelievable.

Thank you all so much for the support.

For those of you who are newer, were never aware, or are just curious...

I don't make any money off this site. I created it about 18 months ago on a random Saturday morning.

Yes, I woke up extremely hungover and didn't want to get off the couch. True story.

After about three hours of work, I had a finished product.

This site's creation was a result of the infiltration of trash over on the MLive forum. I couldn't take it anymore.

I never really expected anyone to migrate over here. It was more of a "I feel like death, I don't want to move...I hate MLive...I wonder if I could legitimately build an alternative?"

Thanks to most of the regulars here, the site has grown to 288 registered users. Some of those users don't post much, if at all. However, as of yesterday, over 200 of those registered users have at least returned to the site and flipped through some threads in the last month.

That's awesome.

I don't care if you post, really. Truth is between myself, Joe, Fish, Hail, 'shoes, WH, 'eggo, 2nd and a few others (so sorry if I forgot to name you, but you know who you are and I doubt you feel the need for a shout out), I've more than satisfied with the daily discussions here. However, don't be shy. If you've got something to say, say it. We don't judge here...except for 2nd. : )

Anyway, sorry for dragging this out....I just wanted to sincerely thank you all again for joining me here.

It's been an amazing alternative to the MLive option. In fact, I quickly checked out there site a couple weeks ago for the first time in perhaps a year. I was only able to hold out for that long because of you, my fellow Meeeeechigan fans who prefer to talk pigskin with sane, like-minded people.

Go Blue

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 12:32 pm

sorry for the grammatical errors, but I'm too lazy to go correct them.

You get the point.

Very Happy 

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 12:39 pm

Best move ever made was joining this forum. Good times, good conversation.
Back to top Go down
blu4vr

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 1:11 pm

Does anyone know where some of the regulars from MLive went to that didn't sign up here? Char as an example, he just dropped out of site completely. I would think they went somewhere, just curious if anyone knows.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Admin wrote:
Sometime yesterday, the forum saw it's 23,000th post.

Unbelievable.

Thank you all so much for the support.

For those of you who are newer, were never aware, or are just curious...

I don't make any money off this site. I created it about 18 months ago on a random Saturday morning.

Yes, I woke up extremely hungover and didn't want to get off the couch. True story.

After about three hours of work, I had a finished product.

This site's creation was a result of the infiltration of trash over on the MLive forum. I couldn't take it anymore.

I never really expected anyone to migrate over here. It was more of a "I feel like death, I don't want to move...I hate MLive...I wonder if I could legitimately build an alternative?"

Thanks to most of the regulars here, the site has grown to 288 registered users. Some of those users don't post much, if at all. However, as of yesterday, over 200 of those registered users have at least returned to the site and flipped through some threads in the last month.

That's awesome.

I don't care if you post, really. Truth is between myself, Joe, Fish, Hail, 'shoes, WH, 'eggo, 2nd and a few others (so sorry if I forgot to name you, but you know who you are and I doubt you feel the need for a shout out), I've more than satisfied with the daily discussions here. However, don't be shy. If you've got something to say, say it. We don't judge here...except for 2nd. : )

Anyway, sorry for dragging this out....I just wanted to sincerely thank you all again for joining me here.

It's been an amazing alternative to the MLive option. In fact, I quickly checked out there site a couple weeks ago for the first time in perhaps a year. I was only able to hold out for that long because of you, my fellow Meeeeechigan fans who prefer to talk pigskin with sane, like-minded people.

Go Blue

One post or 23,000 post....THANKS ADMIN for starting this and for what you continue to do!! Smile GREAT place to keep up with the happenings, show your frustration and celebrate together......and not not being bothered by A-holes like those that were on ML!

You done good, Bro!!!!!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 4:46 pm

Instead you get A-holes like me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Admin, and I like to think that it was my pointing out that Admin didn't mention the 20,000 posts land-mark which prompted this thread after 23,000.

Where else can I go and give fellow fans grief without being called a troll (well, at first I was here but I think that was carryover from MLive).

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 5:26 pm

You have done a fantastic job with this. I am very grateful to have this as a place to visit and share viewpoints.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MichiganFootball13

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyThu Aug 22, 2013 7:16 pm

I honestly only looked at the Mlive forum once or twice a month but I still joined this forum to just check it out and I liked what I saw/read. I like how on here people can actually express themselves and people USUALLY do not jump all over them over stupid like like spelling and grammar ect. like they tend to do on Mgoblog. Thanks again Admin and everyone else!
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:28 am

Indeed, you've done a superb job creating this site, Admin. Such a relief to be rid of flamers and agitators, so many of which inundate the once-enjoyable M_live site.

Good work. Does web site design constitute, or is it hsavily involved in, your day job, too, if it's a fair question?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 11:53 am

michmike wrote:
Indeed, you've done a superb job creating this site, Admin. Such a relief to be rid of flamers and agitators, so many of which inundate the once-enjoyable M_live site.

Good work. Does web site design constitute, or is it hsavily involved in, your day job, too, if it's a fair question?
Fair question.

Answer: no

I work in finance here in Chicago. Specifically, I am a consultant to financial advisors in regards to where to position their clients' assets; I help provide clarity to current market conditions/forces (both equity and fixed income markets on a global scale), specific asset close exposure (or a lack thereof), etc.

To put it into simple terms: I'm your financial advisor's financial advisor, if that makes sense.

And I love it.

WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:06 pm

When and how long did you post on MLive, Admin?

I'm really surprised how many people here lasted there as long as they did. I left around 2004 because of the haters. I pretty much lurked once and while and posted about a dozen times over the next two years before leaving for good. Sounds like everyone here lasted much longer than that. Talk about will power.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyFri Aug 23, 2013 12:27 pm

I started poking my head in there about the time you left in 2004. Started posting frequently from 2006-2010 or so.

Left for good once I created this site about 18 months or so ago.

hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:08 am

I use to read the old MLive boards but posting seemed pointless. I could write up a nice piece on Michigan basketball only to have to have it

1. Pushed to the 2nd page because of spam posts. (Remember, the replies were threaded and often contained no text... "*".
2. Flamed by PFSissyboi or w/e.

The football board was even worse. I'd only check the football board to watch lasvegas and azfootballfan flirt.

I wish all of the regulars would have came over. To be honest, I came right away but didn't have much hope. There was like a month span I didn't check this forum because I had just assumed it phased out. Glad it withstood the test, though. It is 1 of my top bookmarks and it is a site that isn't blocked at the hospital I work at lol.

I'm curious, though, as to what your screen names were on the MLive boards. It might be a cool thread to have stickied. Some are obvious (ie: wshoes = whiteshoes, fishgoblue22 = fishgoblue22), but I have no idea who Admin or 2ndComingOfBo were on the MLive forums.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:13 am

Also, this board has a really, really clean look to it. It is really easy to navigate. There are a lot of nice features (ie: the "YouTube" option is awesome for posting recruit highlights and other videos.)

I think this board will grow. The posting experience is a lot better than anything you're going to get at MGoBoard or UMGoBlue. Michigan Football isn't going anywhere and neither is social networking. A new poster here and a new poster there and by this time next we we may be at 70,000 posts.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 3:55 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
I'm curious, though, as to what your screen names were on the MLive boards. It might be a cool thread to have stickied. Some are obvious (ie: wshoes = whiteshoes, fishgoblue22 = fishgoblue22), but I have no idea who Admin or 2ndComingOfBo were on the MLive forums.

I think Admin was osusucks and to tell you the truth I actually wasn't on Mlive much the three or 4 years before this board started.  I didn't see a point,  But yes I did post there occasionally only to have my post buried by trolls or even deleted.  I had multiple names and I can't remembered them all but there was a
2ndComingOfBo, DBLwolve, etc. I was also on the CCHA board for a while until that, even with less traffic, turned ugly. Of course the CCHA board is now null and void anyway because with the5 creation of the B1G TEN HOCKEY CONFERENCE came the dissolve of the CCHA.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 5:37 pm

Ferris got shafted by the hockey conference re-alignments.

I remember seen DBLwolve posts.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptySat Aug 24, 2013 5:51 pm

A couple/few, mainly getting pissed at az...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 10:58 pm

AZ was the worst. His deal was to say shit just to get a rise and he was good at it. We kept taking the bait. I tried to meet up with him at a Sparty bar and have a beer with him in Arizona once when I was in his neck of the woods. He said he was gonna show up and then cancelled at the last minute. I showed up anyways and wore my Michigan gear. I didn't know what he looked like at the time but I saw a picture that someone dug up of him later on and posted on MLIVE and I'm almost positive that guy was sitting a few tables down from me when I was at that Sparty bar.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 11:43 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
AZ was the worst. His deal was to say shit just to get a rise and he was good at it. We kept taking the bait. I tried to meet up with him at a Sparty bar and have a beer with him in Arizona once when I was in his neck of the woods. He said he was gonna show up and then cancelled at the last minute. I showed up anyways and wore my Michigan gear. I didn't know what he looked like at the time but I saw a picture that someone dug up of him later on and posted on MLIVE and I'm almost positive that guy was sitting a few tables down from me when I was at that Sparty bar.
Did he look like this guy?

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://cbsdetroit.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/mike-valenti.jpg&imgrefurl=http://detroit.cbslocal.com/personality/mike-valenti/&h=180&w=240&sz=1&tbnid=J3tbmZb1XfK25M:&tbnh=150&tbnw=200&zoom=1&usg=__TMOUliHvU97k_IHi_WQc2vdo0N0=&docid=SlhKOrgnHo6nyM&itg=1&sa=X&ei=eB8cUtzWHfD8yAGWsoGQAg&sqi=2&ved=0CIcBEPwdMAo#imgdii=J3tbmZb1XfK25M%3A%3BWU6-dSGX6uctSM%3BJ3tbmZb1XfK25M%3A

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 6:22 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Now that is funny.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 11:55 am

The funniest is when someone legitimately found out who AZ was.

Linked his Facebook, LinkedIn, everything....

it was hilarious.

dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:15 pm

I bet we'll be near 50,000 by moo-time, going into the game undefeated!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 1:19 pm

dwoody wrote:
I bet we'll be near 50,000 by moo-time, going into the game undefeated!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 2:42 pm

Admin wrote:
The funniest is when someone legitimately found out who AZ was.

Linked his Facebook, LinkedIn, everything....

it was hilarious.
yeah that's the picture I saw of him. He was a normal looking dude, nothing to be embarrassed about but his mouth and his stories just ruined it for him. To this day I'm at least 90% positive that I saw him the bar that day.

PostSubject: Re: WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE   WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE Empty

Back to top Go down

WE'VE NOW REACHED 23,000 POSTS HERE
Page 1 of 1