Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Not too bad a game.

Go down 
+6
sandyeggo_blue
fishgoblue22
WolverineHistorian
michmike
GOBLUEJOE66
wshoes
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
wshoes

wshoes

Not too bad a game. Empty
PostSubject: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 6:38 pm

I realize Minnesota isn't great. Can we take credit for utilizing Funchess as wide receiver since we'd been suggesting it the last couple of weeks?

I do think we may want to consider Smith as the back-up tailback. I've never seen a 240 lb back go down as easily as Green. I've been saying all year that Fitz gets more yards after contact and that was clear today.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:10 pm

I again am glad we are still undefeated, but I still have the fear of what is coming down the road.

Go Blue!! Smile

michmike

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 7:46 pm

Well, Devin lowered his IPG from 2.0 to 1.6, so that's progress. Too many of his completions were the
credit of the receivers making great last-second adjustments and reaching out to grab the ball, though...
one glaring exception being the long sideline hook-up with Funchess to set up our 5th score. That was
a great throw, but his high completion percentage does mask the inaccuracy of many of his throws today.

Probably he still isn't fully back to his usual confidence, after his Akron and UConn debacles.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:19 pm

Run blocking was a little better, obviously. It was a very conservative game plan but they held on to the damn ball. Was not happy with how Minnesota's QB had so much time to throw. But generally a strong finish. Funchess was very, very good today. That was probably his best game ever.

I don't know who was the color commentator for this game but I can go forever without listening to him again. That was 3 straight hours of pure lust he was having for the Minny QB. It really got weird after a while. Gardner earned his criticism after the Akron and UConn games but that guy was blasting everything Gardner was doing this afternoon, even after that beautiful last bomb to Funchess. When we scored to go up 28-10, they were literally silent for 30 seconds.

This guy was worse than the Notre Dame announcers on NBC. When we were up 18, you would have thought we were trailing by 3 touchdowns.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 8:44 pm

WolverineHistorian wrote:
Run blocking was a little better, obviously.  It was a very conservative game plan but they held on to the damn ball.  Was not happy with how Minnesota's QB had so much time to throw.  But generally a strong finish.  Funchess was very, very good today.  That was probably his best game ever.  

I don't know who was the color commentator for this game but I can go forever without listening to him again.  That was 3 straight hours of pure lust he was having for the Minny QB.  It really got weird after a while.  Gardner earned his criticism after the Akron and UConn games but that guy was blasting everything Gardner was doing this afternoon, even after that beautiful last bomb to Funchess.  When we scored to go up 28-10, they were literally silent for 30 seconds.  

This guy was worse than the Notre Dame announcers on NBC.  When we were up 18, you would have thought we were trailing by 3 touchdowns.  
I thought the announcers were both going to have an orgasm every frickin time they mentioned the QB!! Smile

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySat Oct 05, 2013 9:56 pm

UM dominated from start to finish.  Minn had one good drive.  UM scored on two 75+ yard drives.  What's the problem?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 12:59 pm

someone correct me if i'm wrong but I believe that was the first game that DG started that he didn't have a turnover. I like.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 1:18 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
someone correct me if i'm wrong but I believe that was the first game that DG started that he didn't have a turnover. I like.
You are not wrong, he finally learned to take care of the damn ball.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 1:46 pm

First game since Oct 2011 against Minn to have no turnovers.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:14 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
was it gardner, was it the play calling, was it a bit of both, was it some other factor? right now I don't know and I don't care. he took care of the ball, michigan looked really good. I thought we had a dominant performance. I know we still need a lot of work but I saw the progress I wanted to see. overall very happy with yesterday

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:38 pm

just read this....

Michigan, and Gardner, had no giveaways Saturday. That ended an unfortunate streak of 25 consecutive games with at least one turnover.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:42 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
was it gardner, was it the play calling, was it a bit of both, was it some other factor? right now I don't know and I don't care. he took care of the ball, michigan looked really good. I thought we had a dominant performance. I know we still need a lot of work but I saw the progress I wanted to see. overall very happy with yesterday
I thought it was a very conservative gameplan.  I liked that most of the throws were high percentage throws.  I also saw Gardner not try to do super human stuff.  Just make the play instead of trying to make the big play.  Also, one of the key plays was the snap that wasn't handled by DG, he fell on the ball.  Old DG would have tried to scoop it and make a play.  He did the right thing.  Get down and go to the next play.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 2:48 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I thought it was a very conservative gameplan.  I liked that most of the throws were high percentage throws.  I also saw Gardner not try to do super human stuff.  Just make the play instead of trying to make the big play.  Also, one of the key plays was the snap that wasn't handled by DG, he fell on the ball.  Old DG would have tried to scoop it and make a play.  He did the right thing.  Get down and go to the next play.
This is #15 'fish. We're on a roll today.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 3:10 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
This is #15 'fish.  We're on a roll today.
Dang, I'll have to take a break.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 8:35 pm

Good game but still work to be done.

The good- 0 turnovers. Run game was established. I agree with shoes though, Green does not do well running hard. Run blocking was much improved. Funchess was a man child.

The bad-Defense continues to be soft. This surprises me after it being a real strength the past two years. Fairly solid against the run but very suspect against the pass. See Green comments above.

Good win. Definitely a step in the right direction. I think it will be interesting to see what Hackenburg does against us this Saturday. He is young but a descent passer.

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 8:52 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Good game but still work to be done.

The good- 0 turnovers.  Run game was established.  I agree with shoes though, Green does not do well running hard.  Run blocking was much improved.  Funchess was a man child.  

The bad-Defense continues to be soft.  This surprises me after it being a real strength the past two years.  Fairly solid against the run but very suspect against the pass.  See Green comments above.

Good win.  Definitely a step in the right direction.  I  think it will be interesting to see what Hackenburg does against us this Saturday.  He is young but a descent passer.  
The defense allowed 13 points.  How is that bad?  The defense forced two TOs that directly led to TDs. 
 How is that bad?  One long sustained drive in the first quarter, and people have it set that the game was bad by the defense.  They allowed less than 300 yards of total offense.  How is that bad?  Minn had two backs that average over 5 yards a carry before Saturday and they were shut down for a total of 55 yards between them.  How is that bad?  Minn. passed for only 145 yards.  How is that bad?  The longest play from scrimmage allowed was 18 yards.  How is that bad?
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 9:22 pm

Because it was Minnesota. Because Minnesota sucks. Because we have beat them like 23 out of 24 games. Because Minnesota is not relevant in college athletics. Because NW will absolutely shred this defense if they don't improve.

Occasionally, just occasionally you have to take of the maize and blue glasses and see things for what they really are.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptySun Oct 06, 2013 9:46 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Because Minnesota is not relevant in college athletics.  Because NW will absolutely shred this defense if they don't improve.
Not true, Minnesota athletics are fairly solid.  Their football program ain't too hot though.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Last edited by 2ndComingOfBo on Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 6:38 am

MgoBlue wrote:
I  think it will be interesting to see what Hackenburg does against us this Saturday.  He is young but a descent passer.  

So, Mgo, his [once-promising] game is going downhill, eh?

Yes, I know how unpopular my puns are, but ahh, what the Hack???

Either way, it will be an uphill climb for PSU Saturday; too little talent and too many walk-ons (40, by O'Brien's count) on that depleted
roster. Losing by 20 to Indiana says enough.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 11:12 am

michmike wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:
I  think it will be interesting to see what Hackenburg does against us this Saturday.  He is young but a descent passer.  

So, Mgo, his [once-promising] game is going downhill, eh?

Yes, I know how unpopular my puns are, but ahh, what the Hack???

Either way, it will be an uphill climb for PSU Saturday; too little talent and too many walk-ons (40, by O'Brien's count) on that depleted
roster. Losing by 20 to Indiana says enough.
I still give PSU a fighting chance. We've proven we can go on the road, keep our composure and claw back to get the W but we had to do that against a lowly UCONN team. One point brings up another other. I'm worried about how they perform on the road in a stadium that hold 108k as opposed to 48k. after minny I saw the improvement I wanted to see to convince myself that we can and should win at PSU (that coupled with the ugly PSU loss this week) but until I see that consistency I will reserve making a "book it" type prediction.

M should get the W though. I look forward to being 6-0

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 12:17 pm

We are 5-5 on the road the last 2 + years, so I assume they'll all be a struggle until proven otherwise.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 12:23 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
Because it was Minnesota.  Because Minnesota sucks. Because we have beat them like 23 out of 24 games.  Because Minnesota is not relevant in college athletics.  Because NW will absolutely shred this defense if they don't improve.  

Occasionally, just occasionally you have to take of the maize and blue glasses and see things for what they really are.  
I don't see any reason why you should did respect Minny. they are rebuilding they didn't have their head coach on the field. Michigan had a week to prepare, I thought Minny looked good in the 1st half.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 12:24 pm

wshoes wrote:
We are 5-5 on the road the last 2 + years, so I assume they'll all be a struggle until proven otherwise.

'shoes
Agreed.

I'm nervous for this one.

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 1:08 pm

michmike wrote:
Losing by 20 to Indiana says enough.
Just like Minnesota, Indiana is better than they used to be. Are they great? No, but don't take them lightly...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 2:14 pm

Indiana does have half of a team- a quality offense. I think they are far more dangerous than Minnesota which really does not have a strength.
Minnesota has an excellent chance of not picking up another win.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:34 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:
Because it was Minnesota.  Because Minnesota sucks. Because we have beat them like 23 out of 24 games.  Because Minnesota is not relevant in college athletics.  Because NW will absolutely shred this defense if they don't improve.  

I don't see any reason why you should did respect Minny. they are rebuilding they didn't have their head coach on the field. Michigan had a week to prepare, I thought Minny looked good in the 1st half.
Man I know I am the new guy here and I really do not want to be the fly in the ointment but COME ON!!!! Hell Akron and UCONN looked pretty good against us too. Are they good? The latest bowl projections have Minnesota ineligible. They were blown out by Iowa at home the week before. Ever notice certain programs are always rebuilding?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 3:50 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
the artist formally known wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:

Man I know I am the new guy here and I really do not want to be the fly in the ointment but COME ON!!!!  Hell Akron and UCONN looked pretty good against us too.  Are they good?  The latest bowl projections have Minnesota ineligible.  They were blown out by Iowa at home the week before.   Ever notice certain programs are always rebuilding?
new guys are entitled to their opinion, as long as their opinion doesn't suck.

joking of course Laughing 

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:13 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Yeah, you can have an opinion as soon as I give it to you.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:22 pm

Damn it!!!!!

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. EmptyMon Oct 07, 2013 4:32 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Yeah, you can have an opinion as soon as I give it to you.  Very Happy
Fish- OT but have you read any of the Lee Child "Jack Reacher" books? I think his character would be right up your alley. Not to be confused with the Jack Reacher that Tom Cruise recently played in the movie of that name. Although based upon one of the books, Cruise did not resemble the character from the books very much. He played a pretty good character, it just wasn't the guy from the books.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not too bad a game.   Not too bad a game. Empty

Back to top Go down

Not too bad a game.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next