Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer

Go down 
+7
ThatGuy
MgoBlue
hailtoyourvictor
wshoes
Meechigan Man
EJinGA
Admin
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer Empty
PostSubject: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 1:40 pm

I actually finally conceded to this after the PSU game.

My father said it last year, and I got on him about it being too early to make that call.

Well, as most fathers are, he was right the whole time.

We don't need a figurehead roaming the sidelines. We need somebody with some fucking GUSTO and PASSION that can light a spark under our kids' asses.

Hoke isn't that, and his coordinators are failing him (including Mattison).

If you're going to be the figurehead type of HC, you better have the best damn coordinators in the game.

But what bothers me most these days is the mediocority being accepted by the majority of our fanbase. "One more year" they say. "We're one year away", they say. "Give him more time", they say. "7-5 isn't bad when you look at who we lost", they say.

Once you take the blinders off, you'll finally realize that we're LIGHTYEARS behind the Alabama's of CFB. And I don't give a damn WHO we lose to, WE'RE MICHIGAN, AND WE SHOULD NEVER LOSE THAT MANY GAMES IN A YEAR.

This program needs a serious jolt of rejuvenation.

We've been slowly dying since we lost the #1 vs #2 game in Columbus in 2006. That game, right there, was the beginning of the downturn for this program. And ever since then, bullshit 7-5 seasons have become acceptable.

I'm as fed up with the people who continue to support such garbage as I am with the results.

I'll never give up on my beloved Maize and Blue, but I will LOUDLY voice my displeasure when it's necessary. Unfortunately the majority just plays follow-the-leader wearing dark hooded masks they can't see out of.

It's time to make a stand, and make it loud and clear to the athletic department that this shit product won't be tolerated.

I'm so furious right now.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 1:44 pm

The best news of the last 48 hours is that Dave Brandon was specifically question by an AP reporter this morning of whether or not Hoke is the guy.

Not surprisingly, Brandon stands by Hoke.

But it's a good thing that the questioning of Hoke has become a public one, started by the national media. That's Step 1 to running his ass out of town.

EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 1:53 pm

Michigan State is a good team, but only by Big Ten standards, which are pretty low. State will get bounced in the championship game by O$U. I think the loss is even worse than it looks.

I agree that mediocrity has become acceptable by some many. Not to me.

Two weeks to prepare and they were not ready. Terrible play calling, awful clock and time managment, same old shit, different game.

I will say this, Hoke needs to miraculously beat O$U to save hs job.
Back to top Go down
Meechigan Man

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 4:02 pm

you really have to wonder if Hoke can ever be a great game day coach like Miles or Meyer .... yes I totally concur that Urban is a scumbag who cheats , but the cheating happens getting the players there , once on the field his teams are prepared and he is a great game
day coach
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 6:54 pm

I'm with Admin. on this.............Hoke ISN'T the answer. Sorry, but I can't see him in the same class as a coach like Saban, Miles, Meyer or even Fisher. I will be totally shocked if he EVEN gets us a BT Championship. I just don't think he has the experience or the knowledge to get us there. As a HC it appears to me he's not real knowledgeable about the offensive side....I think that's why he let's AB make all the calls with no input. Michigan deserves better. We deserve a top notch Coach and I don't see Hoke as one. Great recruiter though.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 7:23 pm

We hired Hoke because old Michigan players liked him, he is a likable guy in general, and he was good at feeding the fan base the lines they wanted to hear. He united the fan base.

He can work out well but we have no margin for error on his assistants.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 9:52 pm

First, when has Hoke ever went 7-5? Hoke has gone 11-2 and 8-5.

On the other hand, Lloyd Carr went 7-5 with a team that included:

QB Chad Henne (NFL)
RB Mike Hart (NFL)
WR Mario Maningham (NFL)
WR Jason Avant (NFL)
WR (Steve Breaston (NFL)
LB LaMar Woodley (NFL)
LB Prescott Burgess (NFL)
CB Leon Hall (NFL)

How the hell can you sit here and call for Hoke's head when he hasn't even gotten a full class of recruits through, yet pretend Carr was an elite coach when he went 7-5 with a team full of NFL players? Get a fucking clue.

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 10:07 pm

I am starting to wonder if you watch the games. I am not calling for Hoke to be fired BUT I can't really argue against it either.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 10:20 pm

Yes I watch the games. I watch abysmal blocking from the offensive line and I watch stubborn play calling. Things have to change, but you don't expect to have a football program rebuilt in three years.

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 10:22 pm

MgoBlue wrote:
I am starting to wonder if you watch the games.  I am not calling for Hoke to be fired BUT I can't really argue against it either.  
What is worse:

A) Going 7-5 with...
QB Chad Henne (NFL)
RB Mike Hart (NFL)
WR Mario Maningham (NFL)
WR Jason Avant (NFL)
WR Steve Breaston (NFL)
LB LaMar Woodley (NFL)
LB Prescott Burgess (NFL)
CB Leon Hall (NFL)

B) Going 7-5 (if that's what we go) with...
A bunch of underclassmen (Hoke's guys) and upperclassmen that were recruited to play in a spread offense?

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyMon Nov 04, 2013 10:59 pm

What you fail to realize is it's not an either/or. That's where your argument unravels.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:31 am

That is not an either/or answer. Simply put, IF Michigan goes 7-5 this year with possibly only a couple of 2014 NFL draftees on the team which team are you more displeased with? You wanted Coach Carr fired, we got Rich Clod as his replacement. You tell me how that worked?

Is it an honest question, answer it please.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:36 am

MgoBlue wrote:
What you fail to realize is it's not an either/or.  That's where your argument unravels.  
So wait... you didn't like Carr and you don't like Hoke?

Is it going to take someone to put up results like Bo in order for you to be content? Even if that is the case, don't you think asking someone to turn a program that was in shambles (after Rich Rod) around to Bo-like results in just his 3rd year coaching is a bit premature? You don't think someone deserves at least another year?

You don't just snap your fingers and produce Bo-like teams. It takes time, and if we keep cycling through our coaches, we will never get over the hump.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 12:58 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
MgoBlue wrote:
What you fail to realize is it's not an either/or.  That's where your argument unravels.  
So wait... you didn't like Carr and you don't like Hoke?

Is it going to take someone to put up results like Bo in order for you to be content? Even if that is the case, don't you think asking someone to turn a program that was in shambles (after Rich Rod) around to Bo-like results in just his 3rd year coaching is a bit premature? You don't think someone deserves at least another year?

You don't just snap your fingers and produce Bo-like teams. It takes time, and if we keep cycling through our coaches, we will never get over the hump.

I can argue that Coach Hoke has a Bo-like team. Bo never won a National Championship, neither has Coach Hoke. Coach Carr has though, but people like MgoBlue ran him out of town.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 7:51 am

Lllloyd's teams, especially the last, were often woefully unprepared to open a season. He was losing it, and it was time to change. If RR gave us at a half-assed defense (instead of the total shit we got) I would have still supported him because that man knows how to score.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 9:09 am

LLoyd was two coaches. Early Lloyd who came in under tough circumstances and held things together and built an outstanding team as an inspirational style leader.

Late Lloyd (who with the exception of an almost magical year in 2006), became grumpy, stubborn Lloyd who kept underperforming assistants, lost his touch at evaluating recruits (scores of highly rated guys bombed). A guy who lost to lesser teams and played not to lose to others.

And finally retired LLoyd who undermined his successor.

Mixed bag. I give him tons of credit for the NC because those are rare and precious, but he left a bad taste in my mouth, not because of losses, but because of the way he acted.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
rasputin

rasputin

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 3:33 pm

Dare I say Hoke is worse than RR? RR never had the amount of talent to work with that Hoke currently has. In three years, there has not been a single player that has improved. Our lines are marshmellow, and the defense is no different than in 2010. Throw the bank at Miles or Shaw. Hoke has failed.

And Michigan ruled the West.”
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 3:37 pm

rasputin wrote:
Dare I say Hoke is worse than RR? RR never had the amount of talent to work with that Hoke currently has. In three years, there has not been a single player that has improved. Our lines are marshmellow, and the defense is no different than in 2010. Throw the bank at Miles or Shaw. Hoke has failed.
This perfectly sums up my feelings.

the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 3:39 pm

Guys I hate losing to State and O$U as much or more than the next, That being said: I do not think its time to let Hoke go. Hail has a good point if we would have let Belien go when he was playing with guys that were not working we would have never seen the results last year (WOW THAT HURT MORE THAN I THOUGHT HAIL) still lets see what this team looks like in 2 years sure Borges needs to change things and I think a QB coach would really help these young QB's, maybe some "O" line help too.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 3:41 pm

rasputin wrote:
You keep repeating that line about players not improving and it's nonsense. Lewan and Schofield have improved a lot since they were sophomores, Funchess and Gallon are both a lot better than last year, Gallon has improved amazingly over the last three years. On defense, Ross and Morgan have gotten a lot better, Black and Washington are a lot better than they were a couple of years ago. Jake Ryan turned into a beast last year before he got hurt. I could go on. What are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer   48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer Empty

Back to top Go down

48 hours removed, and still the same feeling: Hoke is not the answer
Page 1 of 1