Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

158 total yards on offense.

Go down 
+9
jjabilene
Admin
GOBLUEJOE66
the artist formally known
umichfaninpa
wshoes
fishgoblue22
hailtoyourvictor
EJinGA
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
EJinGA

158 total yards on offense. Empty
PostSubject: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:47 pm

I have not watched the last two games, and my life is better for it.

But, Hoke should get another year, right?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 5:54 pm

Yes

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 6:02 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Yes
Only if he is willing to make changes to his offensive staff.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 6:08 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Yes
Only if he is willing to make changes to his offensive staff.
My view as well.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 6:09 pm

100% agree......at least 2 need to go. They are not getting the job done. We you go into the coaching profession that is how it works. You know that going into it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 6:21 pm

Funny how MSU was struggling to get anything going on offense and now they look like a machine by changing QB, while Michugan has been inept all season, and did nothing and have nothing to show for it Gardner has regressed all year and so has the offense , what have they in common BORGES thats what.Nuff said

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 6:27 pm

Didn't get to watch the game...THANK GOD!! We need to fire 2, hire maybe 3. Borges goes...today! We are going to get killed next Saturday, so it won't matter who calls the plays! Funk goes! Hire a GOOD OC (Cam Cameron?). Hire a GOOD OL coach (no clue who at the moment). If the OC isn't also a good QB coach, the hire a GOOD QB coach! Open your frickin wallet UM and PAY THE MONEY!!

BTW, why in the hell did they start Kalis and Fitz?? Are you SHITTING me????

OK....done! Thanks for reading!! LOL

Go Blue!! Smile

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 6:29 pm

open your wallet Boerges is the 4th Highest paid OC in college football, I think they ae already paying for a godd OC , trouble is Borges isn't worth the money

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 7:58 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
open your wallet Boerges is the 4th Highest paid OC in college football, I think they ae already paying for a godd OC , trouble is Borges isn't worth the money
That is soooo SAD....so, I change my words to KEEP your wallet open UM and hire a REAL OC!!

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:09 pm

NO.

No he shouldn't.

This guy is getting way too much freaking leeway.

Rich Rodriguez was fired after three seasons of PROgression. But we're not going to fire a coach after three seasons of REgression? How in the hell does that make sense?

I'm not going to fight anyone on this, because, alas, our opinions mean nothing; ol' Davey is going to have to make those decisions.

But, if you take away Hoke's Sugar Bowl ring from three years ago, I can all but guarantee that everyone would agree it's time for him to be ran right outta town.

I can't defend this program anymore. I can't defend this shit staff anymore (which I haven't defended since the PSU debacle).

I've said it the last two weeks, and it STILL rings true: when you find a fucking hole in the boat, you don't set sail to the middle of the ocean before you decide to fix it.

YEAR 4 UNDER BRADY HOKE: MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN WITH A HOLE IN THE BOAT THE SIZE OF TEXAS.

hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:12 pm

Admin wrote:
NO.

No he shouldn't.

This guy is getting way too much freaking leeway.

Rich Rodriguez was fired after three seasons of PROgression. But we're not going to fire a coach after three seasons of REgression? How in the hell does that make sense?

I'm not going to fight anyone on this, because, alas, our opinions mean nothing; ol' Davey is going to have to make those decisions.

But, if you take away Hoke's Sugar Bowl ring from three years ago, I can all but guarantee that everyone would agree it's time for him to be ran right outta town.

I can't defend this program anymore. I can't defend this shit staff anymore (which I haven't defended since the PSU debacle).

I've said it the last two weeks, and it STILL rings true: when you find a fucking hole in the boat, you don't set sail to the middle of the ocean before you decide to fix it.

YEAR 4 UNDER BRADY HOKE: MIDDLE OF THE OCEAN WITH A HOLE IN THE BOAT THE SIZE OF TEXAS.
But it happened and you can't.

Carry on.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:14 pm

Well, at least I finally got you to admit that you're living off a season that happened 2+ years ago.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:16 pm

Lest you forget we were crucified by national media for even being in that game, because the truth is, we didn't deserve a spot in the BCS. The "brand" got us in, not our talent.

Same for V-Tech.

And we should've lost that game. Hell, that kid was robbed by the refs calling incomplete in the endzone.

But sure, let's give the guy another year because over 2 years ago he won a bowl game he didn't belong in against another team that didn't belong in it. Gotcha.

wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:20 pm

Hey- I went to that game and had a blast in N'awlins and at the game- don't minimize it.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:21 pm

You know, back in high school, I attended the prominent Bishop Dullaghan Quarterback Camp (http://www.bishopdullaghan.com/).

One of the instructors at the camp my second year attending said that same thing every morning, which was what prompted us to start running. He would get on the megaphone and simply say: "MEN, THERE IS NO SENSE IN DELAYING THE INEVITABLE."

And, boy, holy moly, does that statement ring true in all things, including the current head coaching situation at Michigan.

Hoke isn't the answer. He isn't now, and he won't be 365 days from now.

"Men, there is no sense in delaying the inevitable."

It's time to cut the head off this snake. Delaying it another year, to 'give him one more chance', just further delays the process of this program getting back to even being relevant.

Sorry, I'm not up for delaying the process another year. You may be, Hail (and all the blind followers like yourself), but I'm not.

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:23 pm

wshoes wrote:
Hey- I went to that game and had a blast in N'awlins and at the game- don't minimize it.

'shoes
I'm not minimizing anything. I'm taking a step back and looking at it objectively.

But having a blast in NOLA doesn't warrant a shit-tastic HC keeping his job two years later. It just doesn't.

We can find another coach that will put you in a position to have the same type of fun in all kinds of fun cities (Pasadena, Scottsdale, Miami, NOLA). More importantly, a coach who wins games.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:23 pm

RR was fired for more than his record.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:26 pm

Admin as much as I hope your wrong, You are probably right

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:27 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
RR was fired for more than his record.
Truth is, I don't care anymore about a coach coming in and 'adhering to the Michigan traditions'.

OUR PROGRAM IS IRRELEVANT, AND WE HAVE BEEN FOR MORE THAN A DECADE.

Perhaps it's time to shelve the 'traditions' for winning ways?

I used to buy into the whole 'Michigan Man' thing...but now I can see how ridiculous it is.

Sooner or later, that 'Michigan tradition' is going to become being a shit factory that pumps out shit product on every single shitty Saturday.

hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Admin wrote:

It's time to cut the head off this snake. Delaying it another year, to 'give him one more chance', just further delays the process of this program getting back to even being relevant.

Sorry, I'm not up for delaying the process another year. You may be, Hail (and all the blind followers like yourself), but I'm not.

Exactly what I heard about Beilein 4 years ago, too. I was called a lot worse things than a blind follower that time, though. Beilein didn't even have a bowl-ring worthy season to his credit or elite recruiting classes knocking of the doorstep. Can you imagine how much shit I got for saying "give him more time"?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:30 pm

Look, if you prove to be right a couple years down the road, I'll literally shower you with flowers and champagne.

Seriously. We'll book a tailgate together and I will do anything you want. Feed you grapes. Fan you down with big leaves. Hell, I'll even make my old lady rub your feet like a King (if she agrees to do it, of course....but I don't know about that one).

I said it a couple weeks ago. I HOPE YOU'RE RIGHT.

I just don't think you are. I'm convinced he's not the guy. I just am.

Sigh.

hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:31 pm

Seriously though. If it were up to you guys, Beilein would have been fired after failing to make the tournament or finish about .500 with a team that had Manny Harris and DeShawn Sims.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:33 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Seriously though. If it were up to you guys, Beilein would have been fired after failing to make the tournament or finish about .500 with a team that had Manny Harris and DeShawn Sims.
I'm not a big bball fan. And during the time you're describing, I was still down at IU covering that worthless basketball team. I saw virtually zero Michigan basketball, and I had no opinion one way or the other.

But I get what you're saying. Completely.

umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:43 pm

Admin, I see where you are coming from and hail, I see your point as well. I am kinda mixed right now. I think the way hoke recruits he could beep successful WITH THE RIGHT STAFF. Funk and Borges need to go, no ifs ands or buts about it. If hoke can't cut the cord then I am afraid he needs to go as well.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:44 pm

umichfaninpa wrote:
Admin, I see where you are coming from and hail, I see your point as well.  I am kinda mixed right now.  I think the way hoke recruits he could beep successful WITH THE RIGHT STAFF.  Funk and Borges need to go, no ifs ands or buts about it.  If hoke can't cut the cord then I am afraid he needs to go as well.
That is a very fair opinion.

I normally don't take to fence riders, but I'll accept your opinion. lol! 

No, but truly, I think that's fair. And you're definitely right with that last part: if he's not willing to make significant changes on the offensive side of the ball after the bowl game (or before, whatever), then he's no different than the captains of the Titanic.

hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:45 pm

Admin..... give me your opinion.

In 06/07, Michigan went 22-13 with Tommy Amaker. Amaker was fired and John Beilein was hired.

In 07/08, Michigan went 10-22 with John Beilein. The incoming recruit class included 3 unranked players.

In 08/09, Michigan went 21-14 with John Beilein. The incoming recruit class included 2 unranked players, the #77th ranked player, and the #137th ranked player.

In 09/10, Michigan started the season ranked #15 in the nation because they returned two pre-season All-American candidates. That year Michigan ended up going 15-17 and finished 8th in the Big Ten.

After the 15-17 year, Manny Harris (by far Michigan's best player) declared for the NBA draft. DeShawn Sims (by far Michigan's 2nd best player) graduated. The incoming recruit class had 2 unranked players and the #59 ranked player.

There was no way in hell the 10/11 team could be better after losing those two guys. People wanted Beilein GONE. He could not bring in good recruit classes, he could not compete in the Big Ten, he had 1 NCAA tournament appearance in three years, he went under .500 with a team ranked #15 to start the season.

I'm glad Beilein got more time, how about you?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:46 pm

Beilein was/is a proven innovator and successful head coach with a long track record though, Brady is not.

I was chilly on the JB hire because from only having seen him a bit I thought he was all live by the 3 die by the 3. But I became convinced he WAS the guy when suffering through that first season I got to see how he handled adversity. I also got to understand his system and the spacing and back door cuts- it was never pass it around the perimeter and chuck up a 3 as critics liked to say.

Hoke though was a 47-50 head coach who was a feel good guy, not an innovator or an X's and O's guy. He can be successful at a place like Mich with all of the resources it has to offer, but you have a lot less margin for error with him, if he has under-performing assistants.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:53 pm

I think the RR tenure is a big reason why Hoke is being given a long leash. A lot of people were tired of the way Carr did things, and we tried something new with RR. Well, a lot of people went absolutely bananas about RR, some in his very first season, and all we heard about was he wasn't a Michigan man. So we went out and got a Michigan man and he's going to be given every chance to succeed. There are a LOT of people who are responsible for this mess.

Unfortunately, I don't think they're going to make ANY changes to the staff. Just my gut feeling, I pray I'm wrong. I think we'll be a little bit better next year. Problem is, we're REALLY bad right now.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:54 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:

I'm glad Beilein got more time, how about you?
I can't argue with you on this one, no doubt. You were right.

And had I been following UM Bball closely back then, I probably would've been in the 'get him out of here' camp too.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. EmptySat Nov 23, 2013 8:56 pm

Another thing is, he's Brandon's guy.  RR was hired by the previous AD.  Brandon will give him every opportunity to succeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. Empty

Back to top Go down

158 total yards on offense.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next