Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

158 total yards on offense.

Go down 
+9
jjabilene
Admin
GOBLUEJOE66
the artist formally known
umichfaninpa
wshoes
fishgoblue22
hailtoyourvictor
EJinGA
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
jjabilene

158 total yards on offense. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. - Page 3 EmptySun Nov 24, 2013 9:31 pm

umichfaninpa wrote:
My concern is the offense, defense has made mistakes but they are on the field a lot.  I believe we have made improvement on that end and younger players are developing.  The lack of develop on offense is my concern.
Can't argue with this.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 5:35 pm

Maybe I am biased when I think about Hoke's ability to develop talent. Will struggled badly his freshman and sophomore seasons. He said time and time again that Coach Hoke worked with him more than any other coach on the staff. Because of Hoke, Will became a decent player who would go on to an All Conference honorable mention. I always think about what Will's ceiling could have been had he had that attention from day 1. He had the size and talent to be elite, but only had two years of proper development and coaching.

Hoke is bringing in better talent than any Michigan coach ever has. I want to see what he can do with that talent. This doesn't mean I'm following Michigan blindly.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. - Page 3 EmptyMon Nov 25, 2013 7:18 pm

will should have played O-line from the outset- many schools recruited him as an O-lineman and I think he could have been a good one, but he never got low enough consistently to excel on the D-line, under Hoke or anyone else.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 12:59 am

Well, he had absolutely no technique going into his junior year. I agree that he played too high his junior and senior seasons, but the difference in his technique was tenfold. It wasn't perfect, because if it was he would have been a beast, but it was much better than his first two years. He was actually coached and developed. I doubt Will gets drafted if Hoke wasn't here.

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 7:47 am

So the fact that William Campbell got drafted proves that Hoke can develop players? Yeah, ok... How about all the CURRENT players who have not gotten better.

158 freakin' offensive yards and a loss to Iowa... That's progress for ya. But hell, at least William Campbell got drafted...
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 8:48 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Well, he had absolutely no technique going into his junior year. I agree that he played too high his junior and senior seasons, but the difference in his technique was tenfold. It wasn't perfect, because if it was he would have been a beast, but it was much better than his first two years. He was actually coached and developed. I doubt Will gets drafted if Hoke wasn't here.
Well if we're going to give coaches credit for getting guys drafted, how about a shout out for what RichRod's staff did with Stevie Brown? He was a mess under the LC regime and totally turned his career around with a position switch under RR and was doing well in the NFL until hurt.

For that matter I thought RR had 3 really good assistants: Barwis at S & C, Greg Frey with the O-line (who is doing really well at Indiana), and yes, Bruce Tall with the D-line. Brandon Graham blossomed under him and was outspoken in his praise. I also thought he did a great job with Mike Martin and Ryan Vanbergen. I still think Will just didn't have the skillset to play D-line.

'shoes
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 9:45 am

EJinGA wrote:
So the fact that William Campbell got drafted proves that Hoke can develop players? Yeah, ok... How about all the CURRENT players who have not gotten better.

158 freakin' offensive yards and a loss to Iowa... That's progress for ya. But hell, at least William Campbell got drafted...
I think the dichotomy has been pretty obvious under Hoke, the defensive players are developing just fine, the offensive players, with a few exceptions have been slow to develop.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:40 am

wshoes wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
Well if we're going to give coaches credit for getting guys drafted, how about a shout out for what RichRod's staff did with Stevie Brown? He was a mess under the LC regime and totally turned his career around with a position switch under RR and was doing well in the NFL until hurt.

For that matter I thought RR had 3 really good assistants: Barwis at S & C, Greg Frey with the O-line (who is doing really well at Indiana), and yes, Bruce Tall with the D-line. Brandon Graham blossomed under him and was outspoken in his praise. I also thought he did a great job with Mike Martin and Ryan Vanbergen. I still think Will just didn't have the skillset to play D-line.

'shoes
There were three teams looking to draft him in the 6th/7th round as defensive lineman.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:42 am

EJinGA wrote:

There are players developing.

see: Frank Clark.

Like I said, I can go in depth about more players that are developing, but if you guys can't even admit to the fact that Frank Clark has show a lot of development, then it's pointless. People will see what they want to see.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:43 am

And just curious, EJ, who would you attribute WC's development to?

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 10:52 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
EJinGA wrote:

There are players developing.

see: Frank Clark.

Like I said, I can go in depth about more players that are developing, but if you guys can't even admit to the fact that Frank Clark has show a lot of development, then it's pointless. People will see what they want to see.
I've already responded to posts like the above. I just think people are frustrated and can't help but get carried away. The offense is terrible, so that means there can't be any players on either side of the ball developing.
Back to top Go down
EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 1:57 pm

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
That would likely be Mattison, and Hoke. I agree, he turned WC into a decent player. Frank Clark has become a stud too.

But we need to look at it as a whole. They lost to Iowa (again), and only gained 158 yards of offense. That clearly shows that these guys are not progressing, especially on offense.

I would really like to see what the defense can do if they had even a compitent offense...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 26, 2013 2:32 pm

Well considering they have had 5 different line combination, and Scholfield and Lewan are the only 2 constancy , along with The RB are seldom the same 2. I think 1st a line has to grasp the opportunity and run with it, The line coach has to see that they understand what to do and where. Hoke has said that he pretty much leaves the offense alone and works with the"D" more. That tells me that Borges is missing the boat.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 27, 2013 12:38 pm

EJinGA wrote:
hailtoyourvictor wrote:
That would likely be Mattison, and Hoke. I agree, he turned WC into a decent player. Frank Clark has become a stud too.

But we need to look at it as a whole. They lost to Iowa (again), and only gained 158 yards of offense. That clearly shows that these guys are not progressing, especially on offense.

I would really like to see what the defense can do if they had even a compitent offense...
Ok then we agree.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 158 total yards on offense.   158 total yards on offense. - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

158 total yards on offense.
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3