Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down....

Go down 
+2
dwoody
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down.... Empty
PostSubject: And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down....   And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down.... EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 3:44 pm

Now we're going to have fireworks at our football games.

DISNEY LAND!

dwoody

dwoody

And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down....   And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down.... EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:24 pm

I'm glad Bo didn't live to see this shit.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down....   And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down.... EmptyMon Jul 14, 2014 10:44 pm

Didn't most of this board use to say that sitting at home watching the games was more enjoyable than watching at the game?

Doesn't this make those gameday experiences more enjoyable? I'm confused as to why this is so terrible. I love seeing the fireworks after Detroit Tigers weekend night games.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down....   And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down.... EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 6:14 am

I have no problem with it. It will be after the game. Heck, if you can get some people to stick around for a while after the game, and maybe buy another hotdog and soda pop, what's the problem?

I've been to major league and minor league baseball games that do the fireworks after the Friday night game. It's a good time for all. This is a good thing IMHO.
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down....   And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down.... EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 11:48 am

1 of the traditions I have always enjoyed is the post game band show, Hawaiian war chant, etc. As long band show goes first, than I don't care. If I have to wait 20-30mins for band, I won't be happy.

Not that DB asked for my opinion!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down....   And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down.... EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 12:00 pm

Saturdays in AA have just become so commercialized.

It's always been a commodity, but up until this new AD administration, it was never treated as such.

It was a family gathering, if you will.

The only thing missing is a Michelin Tires sign somewhere inside the stadium.

It's not the fireworks themselves, it's the idea of them...the 'spectacle' of them.

Now, don't get me wrong, this is not something worth going to the mattresses over, but it highlights an ongoing, underlying theme of Michigan Football these days: to hell with winning football games. As long as we're bringing in the dough and widening our margins, UofM Football has done its job.

EJinGA

PostSubject: Re: And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down....   And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down.... EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 12:34 pm

Admin wrote:
to hell with winning football games. As long as we're bringing in the dough and widening our margins, UofM Football has done its job.

Agreed. It's an effort to distract the fans from the fact that Fred Flintstone is coaching the team.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down....   And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down.... EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 12:43 pm

EJinGA wrote:
Admin wrote:
to hell with winning football games. As long as we're bringing in the dough and widening our margins, UofM Football has done its job.

Agreed. It's an effort to distract the fans from the fact that Fred Flintstone is coaching the team.

I completely disagree. If the team was winning more, the ticket sales wouldn't be falling and they wouldn't have to result to gimmicks to get people in.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down....   And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down.... EmptyTue Jul 15, 2014 2:48 pm

Admin wrote:

It was a family gathering, if you will.

Right, but wasn't that one of the big knocks about the Big House? Not enough noise, fans were less involved than MAC schools, etc. I would think that doing things like jet-pack halftime shoes and fireworks after games would help those complaints. Obviously winning is the biggest thing you can do to help, but let's not pretend the Big House (other than being nostalgic and huge) offered a great experience 15 years ago either. The same complaints (quiet, non-involved fans) were being expressed back then, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down....   And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down.... Empty

Back to top Go down

And you thought DB's commercialization of UM Football was, perhaps, slowing down....
Page 1 of 1