Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good?

Go down 
+2
booboo
dwoody
6 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good? Empty
PostSubject: Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good?   Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 1:29 pm

What a start!
Back to top Go down
booboo

booboo

PostSubject: Re: Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good?   Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 7:27 pm

My take from being at game, section 18, row 23:

DEFENSE: Aggressive from the start, mostly man to man pass coverage, Put pressure on QB. Lost count over the yrs how many times a team had 3rd & 9, 12, 14 or 17 & would complete a :pass for the 1st down against a 3 man rush, 8 men in a zone def. Yes App. St. had 2 good drives in 2nd half, 1 for 97 yards though I think that was mostly against 2nd team.

OFFENSE: very impressive, running game looked good, Green & Smith 285 yds. combined. They where able to get to the outside then break up field for nice gains. Funchess is a stud, have to keep finding ways to get him the ball.

SPECIALTEAMS: Punt block for TD, very good. Couple times App. St. returned KO to 35-36yd line, can't give a good team that kind of field position. Missed FG from 48yds. Not to be to picky, but special teams still could use some work.

Think its a combo of both, App. St. not that good, M is much improved. Of course the challenge comes in South Bend next sat., Will defense keep aggressive man-to-man def.? Will DG play really well on road? Offense needs to play like they did today. I'm sure ND will try to find ways to shut down DF, will other WRs step up?

Overall very impressed, but before any of us say M is back lets see what happens next week. OR to steal a line from Pulp Fiction: "well lets not start sucking each others dick quite yet" Twisted Evil

GO BLUE
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

PostSubject: Re: Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good?   Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good? EmptySat Aug 30, 2014 7:54 pm

booboo wrote:
My take from being at game, section  18, row 23:

DEFENSE: Aggressive from the start, mostly man to man pass coverage, Put pressure on QB. Lost count over the yrs how many times a team had 3rd & 9, 12, 14 or 17 & would complete a :pass for the 1st down against a 3 man rush, 8 men in a zone def. Yes App. St. had 2 good drives in 2nd half, 1 for 97 yards though I think that was mostly against 2nd team.

OFFENSE: very impressive, running game looked good, Green & Smith 285 yds. combined. They where able to get to the outside then break up field for nice gains. Funchess is a stud, have to keep finding ways to get him the ball.

SPECIALTEAMS: Punt block for TD, very good. Couple times App. St. returned KO to 35-36yd line, can't give a good team that kind of field position. Missed FG from 48yds. Not to be to picky, but special teams still could use some work.

Think its a combo of both, App. St. not that good, M is much improved. Of course the challenge comes in South Bend next sat., Will defense keep aggressive man-to-man def.? Will DG play really well on road? Offense needs to play like they did today. I'm sure ND will try to find ways to shut down DF, will other WRs step up?

Overall very impressed, but before any of us say M is back lets see what happens next week. OR to steal a line from Pulp Fiction: "well lets not start sucking each others dick quite yet"  Twisted Evil

GO BLUE

Overall very impressed, but before any of us say M is back lets see what happens next week.

+3

Go Blue!! Smile
Back to top Go down
rasputin

rasputin

PostSubject: Re: Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good?   Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good? EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 2:59 am

I was very impressed. My favorite observation today was that the cornerbacks are not giving stupid cushions.

And Michigan ruled the West.”
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good?   Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good? EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:44 pm

rasputin wrote:
I was very impressed. My favorite observation today was that the cornerbacks are not giving stupid cushions.

Yes that looked very different yesterday.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good?   Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good? EmptySun Aug 31, 2014 12:54 pm

I noted that (razz's comment about the CBs) in my other post this morning. Yes, it was very refreshing, not seeing opposing wideouts virtually walking 7-8 yards, turning around, and catching passes---the kind you caught in the backyard from your Dad when you were 8 yards old. The bump-and-run has, as he said, been something Matty has wanted to employ from Day One---but now, he has the athletes to do it with. Across the board. Our D-line, 'backers and secondary all did their jobs very, very well.  Willie Henry, though to these eyes he didn't "look" (make of that what you will) like he was 10 pounds lighter, moved very quickly, and tackled sure-handedly on the blitzes. And our ends, esp. Frank and Taco, had some really fine bull-rushes, jamming their blockers right into their ball carriers, such as TC's on that sack near Appy's goal line.

But as we all seem to concur, we'll learn much, much more this Saturday night...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good?   Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Appy that bad, or Michigan that good?
Page 1 of 1