Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Time is now for a

Go down 
+7
the artist formally known
BOLEACH7
sandyeggo_blue
MgoBlue
GOBLUEJOE66
blueest
umichfaninpa
11 posters
AuthorMessage
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 8:42 pm

CHANGE. It is not going to do any good to hold on to joke and stunk. Make nuss or mattison interim coach and move on. People will say it will hurt recruiting. I say the play on the field is doing that now. Looking at scores today we will be lucky to go 6-6. It is very sad that Michigan football has fallen do far. It is a shame Lloyd had to be a dick, I pass some of the blame to him.
Back to top Go down
blueest

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 9:19 pm

Dan Mullen from Mississippi State may be worth a look. Has midwest ties (assistant at ND and at BGSU with Meyer) OC for successful Florida teams. Has led the SEC's worst program to winning seasons in all but his first season. Also has his team up two scores on Les Miles LSU right now. And he is only 42.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 9:23 pm

Yeah, I am watching that game. I recall some poster on here, not sure who, making a comment that miss st is not that good. They look pretty good to me.
Back to top Go down
GOBLUEJOE66

GOBLUEJOE66

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 9:35 pm

umichfaninpa wrote:
CHANGE.  It is not going to do any good to hold on to joke and stunk.  Make nuss or mattison interim coach and move on.  People will say it will hurt recruiting.  I say the play on the field is doing that now.  Looking at scores today we will be lucky to go 6-6.  It is very sad that Michigan football has fallen do far.  It is a shame Lloyd had to be a dick, I pass some of the blame to him.

I am with you pa, but I am struggling to see what 4 teams they will beat that would take us to 6 wins.

I hope y'all understand that I still support the kids. I do believe that they are playing to their best, as taught to them by this coaching staff. There are problems at UM and they need to be fixed, but I am not sure the current AD is the right person to fix the issues. JMHO.

Go Blue!! Smile

blueest

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 9:35 pm

I would love to make a change, but the whole culture of this program needs to change. If an outsider like Mullen was brought in, no doubt he would be undermined by the same "Michigan Men" who hated RR because he said "aint" at press conferences.

There needs to be a total divorce from the Bo era in order for Michigan to move ahead.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 9:47 pm

I am thinking we will "upset" a few not so good teams. But that is being optomistic.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:00 pm

I think firing Hoke now would be bad for the program. That said, Brandon sure as hell better have a replacement ready to accept the job the second the OSU-Michigan game clock hits 00:00.
Back to top Go down
umichfaninpa

umichfaninpa

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:04 pm

I disagree, it isn't going to get better. Hoke is in over his head. Great guy, but in over his head.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:15 pm

Michigan needs to start figuring out their money and putting together a pitch to Harbaugh

I know everyone here thinks that's a pipe dream and I will agree that it won't be easy but I think with the right amount of money and circumstance he'd come back to college.

Mullen might be a good coach but Michigan needs a statement hire. They need a big name that has been very successful recently.

Miles or Jim Harbaugh. Don't even give me Jon Harbaugh. Miles or Jim.

umichfaninpa

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:29 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Michigan needs to start figuring out their money and putting together a pitch to Harbaugh

I know everyone here thinks that's a pipe dream and I will agree that it won't be easy but I think with the right amount of money and circumstance he'd come back to college.

Mullen might be a good coach but Michigan needs a statement hire. They need a big name that has been very successful recently.

Would love to see it happen
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:45 pm

blueest wrote:
I would love to make a change, but the whole culture of this program needs to change. If an outsider like Mullen was brought in, no doubt he would be undermined by the same "Michigan Men" who hated RR because he said "aint" at press conferences.

There needs to be a total divorce from the Bo era in order for Michigan to move ahead.  

Make no mistake it was not the BO people who undermined this program.... it was Lloyd Carr and his bitches that may have totally finished this fine program.... BO would have fully supported RR as did Moeller because they cared first about the program and university and no patting themselves on the back.... people always misunderstand what BO meant by the Michigan Man statement
Back to top Go down
blueest

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:48 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
blueest wrote:

Make no mistake it was not the BO people who undermined this program.... it was Lloyd Carr and his bitches that may have totally finished this fine program.... BO would have fully supported RR as did Moeller because they cared first about the program and university and no patting themselves on the back.... people always misunderstand what BO meant by the Michigan Man statement

I am aware of that. The BO people were fully supportive of RR as evidenced by Rick Leach, Moeller, and others who were public in their support. I guess I should have worded it as a total divorce from the "Michigan Man" concept. Which morphed into something totally different than what Bo meant by that term when he fired Frieder.
Back to top Go down

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:49 pm

right now I think Michigan is the worst team in the eastern Division.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 10:50 pm

Yeah BO sure created a monster with that comment LOL
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 11:03 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Posted awhile back sandy that aside from the $$$$ angle you play the BO angle with Jim.... he thought BO was a God and he has a big ego... let him know that " Jim you can rebuild this program like Bo did, you will have a statue one day right along side Bo ".... never underestimate what an ego does to someone like JH.... throw in the Saban angle as well, " Jim you will be a god in AA and wolverine nation.... don't tell me for a minute that that and $8 million a year won't at least get him thinking
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 11:21 pm

Bo's comment was purely in reference to Bill Frieder who had already accepted his next job at Arizona State but wanted to coach Mich in the tournament. Ergo he was not fully committed to Michigan. Frieder went to Mich, Fisher did not. The Michigan Man thing has been completely warped.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySat Sep 20, 2014 11:27 pm

BOLEACH7 wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Posted awhile back sandy that aside from the $$$$ angle you play the BO angle with Jim.... he thought BO was a God and he has a big ego... let him know that " Jim you can rebuild this program like Bo did, you will have a statue one day right along side Bo ".... never underestimate what an ego does to someone like JH.... throw in the Saban angle as well, " Jim you will be a god in AA and wolverine nation.... don't tell me for a minute that that and $8 million a year won't at least get him thinking

exactly exactly exactly

Admin
Admin

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 1:04 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Mullen might be a good coach but Michigan needs a statement hire.

Prior to tonight's win at LSU, Mullen was like 1-16 vs against the habitual top 5 teams in the SEC.

My interest level in that guy is Level 0.

MgoBlue

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 8:21 am

Summlin
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 9:45 am

I don't understand why people think Les Miles is a good coach. LSU puts the most players in the NFL and he really hasn't accomplished as much as he should. He's underwhelming at game planning, and his clock management is always something that could lose a game.

I don't know if ethics matter, but he's not exactly running a tight ship there.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:04 am

We're Michigan fans it's what we do. Fall in love with the Bo flavor of the month and turn it in to the flavor of the next 10 years. Some of have moved on and some never will. Go blue!
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 10:11 am

well lets look at the BO coaching tree .... Moeller - multiple B1G
titles and recruited the NC team... McCartney won NC.... Nehlen played for NC against ND.... Miles won NC .... Cameron an NFL coach ... Smith won pac10 titles .... Bo produced quality coaches .... Bo and the past is not what is wrong with Michigan today .... Carr is what is wrong with Michigan football today and the idiots that have no idea what Bo meant by his Michigan Man statement
Back to top Go down
Markwawf

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a EmptySun Sep 21, 2014 11:53 am

MgoBlue wrote:
Some of have moved on and some never will.  Go blue!
I won't be moving on.  Not so much a rabid fan, just not interested in changing teams at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time is now for a Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time is now for a   Time is now for a Empty

Back to top Go down

Time is now for a
Page 1 of 1