Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Funchess problems this year...

Go down 
+3
sandyeggo_blue
ThatGuy
dwoody
7 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Funchess problems this year... Empty
PostSubject: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 9:42 am

Hoke said it all in a Freep article today. "We coach him..."
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 3:35 pm

Not entirely IMHO, Funchess is a head case from what I can tell (which means absolutely nothing). It's completely psychological with him, and I still really don't like the fact that Hoke gave him the #1.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptyTue Nov 11, 2014 4:46 pm

I'm not so sure it's all that psychological with Devin. I think he really has some issues with the fundamentals of catching a ball. Then, at the same time he can absolutely wow you with certain catches. he's so hard to figure out, but I don't think it's that much psychological. The guy needs to concentrate on his route running too. Several throws have seen him being in the wrong place. Not sure how much of that you can pin on DG though.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:20 am

DG sucks too but Funchess drops everything "easy". Like you said, he makes some outstanding catches but then he drops balls that hit him oin the numbers. With the great chatches he just reacts (doesn't over think it) but with the drops he's worried about what he is going to do after he catches the ball but then doesn't catch it. Like you said, concentration. Another way to phrase that is it is a psychological issue. That can stem from being OCD while trying to catch the ball, being worried about getting "jacked", the ever-present running before catching the ball, etc. Simply stated psychological...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 7:16 am

I think Funchess has checked out. He is going through the motions, trying to stay healthy, thinking a good showing at the combine will help his draft.
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 10:56 am

I really can't believe he is even thinking of going pro, I've seen little that would make me believe that he will get drafted the NFL already have receivers that drop the ball. To me he needs another season of work course if he had a QB that could actually hit him with a pass that might be better, but his numbers are not very impressive, especially with this weak receiving core.

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:05 pm

the artist formally known wrote:
I really can't believe he is even thinking of going pro, I've seen little that would make me believe that he will get drafted the NFL already have receivers that drop the ball. To me he needs another season of work course if he had a QB that could actually hit him with a pass that might be better, but his numbers are not very impressive, especially with this weak receiving core.

Fans always think they need another year. He's big, he's fast and he's athletic. He will go and be at worst a second rounder. He will get better coaching and I think be a pretty good pro.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 1:10 pm

This is about how I feel at this point but I really haven't checked out the other receivers in college this year and that could be a key factor on him staying or leaving. A weak draft class would move him up the board and then you just never know.

I know Lippet (MSU) and Cooper (Bama) are about the only two WRs I've heard about this year but admittedly I haven't been paying too much attention. I do know that neither one of those have Funchess' size. Not even close. I have heard of Funchess being compared to Brandon Marshall but this isn't the NBA and the NFL doesn't draft on upside.

I just don't see him leaving after this year but a bad coaching hire could throw a big wrench in the wheel and make him bolt.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:18 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
This is about how I feel at this point but I really haven't checked out the other receivers in college this year and that could be a key factor on him staying or leaving. A weak draft class would move him up the board and then you just never know.

I know Lippet (MSU) and Cooper (Bama) are about the only two WRs I've heard about this year but admittedly I haven't been paying too much attention. I do know that neither one of those have Funchess' size. Not even close. I have heard of Funchess being compared to Brandon Marshall but this isn't the NBA and the NFL doesn't draft on upside.

I just don't see him leaving after this year but a bad coaching hire could throw a big wrench in the wheel and make him bolt.

What about if Hoke isn't fired? I still say he'll be back next year. Granted I'm not as positive about this as I have been about other things but I honestly think he will be back. Not sure that I want to believe that but it's what I think.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 8:50 pm

TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

What about if Hoke isn't fired?  I still say he'll be back next year.  Granted I'm not as positive about this as I have been about other things but I honestly think he will be back.  Not sure that I want to believe that but it's what I think.

I think his projection in the draft will be a big factor but I still think he'll be back.

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 9:16 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
TheNewBlueOrder wrote:
sandyeggo_blue wrote:

What about if Hoke isn't fired?  I still say he'll be back next year.  Granted I'm not as positive about this as I have been about other things but I honestly think he will be back.  Not sure that I want to believe that but it's what I think.

I think his projection in the draft will be a big factor but I still think he'll be back.

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. I'm predicting that Hoke will be back. Funchess I have no idea but it would make sense that he comes back. He has to know that he has not had a good year...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptyFri Nov 14, 2014 2:10 am

Take this for what it's worth:

3 years ago, I was at the UMass game in the players family section and sat next to Brendan Gibbons family. Despite everything you know about Gibbons, his family was extremely respectable and down to earth. A couple things about the conversation with his mom stuck out to me.

One was that they disliked Rich Rod, because at practices Rich Rod would send kickers off to work on their own rather than coach them (Michigan was 4 of 14 the year before in FG kicking). The other thing was that didn't care for Devin Funchess, who was only a freshman at the time. They said that he was a "typical wide receiver", meaning that he was a huge diva. It's some thing that crosses my mind whenever I see Funchess phoning it in on a play. Michigan might suck, but at least act like you're proud to wear the winged helmet. The kid could have been special if he played with the heart guys like Roundtree and Gallon played with.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 10:34 pm

I'm telling you, he is the one player that has quit on this team. He will go pro, and will probably be drafted in the 3rd round if he puts up good numbers at the combine.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 11:05 pm

He short-armed another one today. He has been a major disappointment this season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 11:23 pm

He has trouble getting open in this league the NFL d-backs are faster more physical, and hit harder ,if he si short arming it now think what will be in the big boy league.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 11:58 pm

I wonder if he'll enter the draft as a TE or WR.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 10:45 am

hailtoyourvictor wrote:
I wonder if he'll enter the draft as a TE or WR.

he's not that good at blocking, or at least they don't make him block much anymore, so I'd say WR.

I'm beginning to think he's checked out too.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 11:05 am

He has trouble getting open in this league the NFL d-backs are faster more physical, and hit harder ,if he si short arming it now think what will be in the big boy league.

He can get open whenever he wants. He jags through his routes, he doesn't block down field for backs. He puts minimal effort into catching balls. He has checked out.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 11:22 am

He is no tight end. His blocking was non existent when he played there.
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 11:58 am

wshoes wrote:
He is no tight end. His blocking was non existent when he played there.

Well a lot of scouts are projecting him as a TE, so it will be something to keep an eye on.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 12:05 pm

Pettigrew was a horrible blocker, and now he is just a below average blocker, but he has been in the league 8 years or so. Graham for New Orleans can't block a lick either.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 12:13 pm

Good points guys, maybe a team will choose to play him at TE.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:27 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Pettigrew was a horrible blocker, and now he is just a below average blocker, but he has been in the league 8 years or so.  Graham for New Orleans can't block a lick either.

But he plays for the Detroit Lions...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:28 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

He can get open whenever he wants.  He jags through his routes, he doesn't block down field for backs.  He puts minimal effort into catching balls.  He has checked out.

When was he "checked-in"?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... EmptySun Nov 23, 2014 3:32 pm

Funchess problems started when he took off #19 someone told him how good he was and he believed it. They should just treat them all like players and no special treatment for any of them. If it truly was the team the team the team. No one would worry about numbers or stats or anything but win win wins.

GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Funchess problems this year...   Funchess problems this year... Empty

Back to top Go down

Funchess problems this year...
Page 1 of 1