Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good Article on Shane Morris

Go down 
+2
Wolverdog
WillieMfan
6 posters
AuthorMessage
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

Good Article on Shane Morris Empty
PostSubject: Good Article on Shane Morris   Good Article on Shane Morris EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 10:57 am

The biggest item of note may be that he will not be enrolling early. The article leads you to believe that this is a new development.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120221/SPORTS0201/202210321/Future-Michigan-QB-lines-up-recruits?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Ctext%7CFRONTPAGE
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Good Article on Shane Morris   Good Article on Shane Morris EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:09 am

That is a good article, thanks. As far as enrolling early, I think he'll have plenty of time to learn the offense with Devin and Bellomy in front of him.

This part is confusing: "rated five stars by Scout.com and four by Rivals.com, which ranks him as the No. 16 national prospect." If Rivals rates 25 or so 5*, why doesn't he have the fifth?

I believe he'll get it eventually, as they only show eleven 5* at this point.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Good Article on Shane Morris   Good Article on Shane Morris EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:31 am

Wolverdog wrote:

This is the key. It looks like coach is going to loosen the reigns on him this year so we should see a spike in production. If the kid threw 19 TD's and is the 16th ranked player in the country in a run heavy offense, imagine what he will be when the coach opens the playbook.
Back to top Go down
Wolverdog

Wolverdog

PostSubject: Re: Good Article on Shane Morris   Good Article on Shane Morris EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:34 am

Excellent point! Cool

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Good Article on Shane Morris   Good Article on Shane Morris EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 11:42 am

WillieMfan wrote:
Wolverdog wrote:

This is the key. It looks like coach is going to loosen the reigns on him this year so we should see a spike in production. If the kid threw 19 TD's and is the 16th ranked player in the country in a run heavy offense, imagine what he will be when the coach opens the playbook.

Depends on who he is throwing to and who is protecting him. If they don't have those two elements, his numbers may not be that great. I don't know much about his HS talent wise.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Good Article on Shane Morris   Good Article on Shane Morris EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 12:55 pm

Very true, FGB---and one thing's certain: whatever the deficiencies of his
HS offensive line, he's certainly doing MORE than his part to correct that
situation for his U-M tenure!!!
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Good Article on Shane Morris   Good Article on Shane Morris EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:24 pm

He may have a great high school OL at his school, I have no idea. I do know that I like this kid.
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Good Article on Shane Morris   Good Article on Shane Morris EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 1:33 pm

Where are our Michigan HS football experts???? I am assuming De La Salle is a private school. If so they should be able to pull in almost any talent they need.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Good Article on Shane Morris   Good Article on Shane Morris EmptyTue Feb 21, 2012 2:36 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Where are our Michigan HS football experts???? I am assuming De La Salle is a private school. If so they should be able to pull in almost any talent they need.

I watched a the De La Salle/Cass Tech playoff game online via streaming. The quality wasn't all that great, but in that game, DLS couldn't get anything going on offense for the most part. They definitely had a 'run-first' mentality, and when Morris would pass, it was usually short and intermediate routes. He definitely struggled to find any type of rhythm in the game.

May have helped that the two CBs he was competing against were really good....good enough to BOTH be coming to AA as well.

BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Good Article on Shane Morris   Good Article on Shane Morris EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:12 am

Couple things that I noticed in the article. Shane is also a punter, that could bode well for us. Many quick kicks at first, but then after Defenses start dropping someone back with him on the field maybe actually going for it on 4th down. And 2, Shane doesn't like to go out of bounds. That needs to be worked out of him ASAP. Maybe Denard can talk some sense into the guy. The B1G is not High School...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Good Article on Shane Morris   Good Article on Shane Morris EmptyWed Feb 22, 2012 4:15 am

WillieMfan wrote:
Wolverdog wrote:

I agree that it is an excellent point about DeLaSalle opening up the offense this year but also, doesn't rivals not like giving 5-stars to underclassmen? I know they have doled out a few but those are for real studs.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Article on Shane Morris   Good Article on Shane Morris Empty

Back to top Go down

Good Article on Shane Morris
Page 1 of 1