Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

B1G Championship! Just one note....

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
1umgoblue85

1umgoblue85

B1G Championship! Just one note.... Empty
PostSubject: B1G Championship! Just one note....   B1G Championship! Just one note.... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 8:54 am

Here's to the Sparty and Bucknut naysayers about UM.....

Final 7 B1G games:

Michigan 6-1 (4-0 on the road); great run!

MSU 5-2 (finished 0-2 with a chance to clinch it) Choke!

Ohio 4-3 (beat MSU on the road to earn a share) Collapsed down the stretch, but won the last key game.

All I see is a share of the B1G with a very young team!

Great job by all.

Last edited by 1umgoblue85 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 1:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: B1G Championship! Just one note....   B1G Championship! Just one note.... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:17 pm

Good post.

My personal opinion has always been that a team that is hot (or gellin') is as dangerous as the best team in the tourney. See UCONN last year (or hell even UM's Frozen Four run last year).

They are young, they have had an entire season's worth of confidence building. They know that on any given day they can play with the best teams in the nation.

If they can shoot over 50% from the 3 line they will be a dangerous team and could easily make an elite 8 run.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: B1G Championship! Just one note....   B1G Championship! Just one note.... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Is this team equipped to make an equal or better run than last year's team?

I think so. More offensive threats, in my opinion.

Agree?

michmike

PostSubject: Re: B1G Championship! Just one note....   B1G Championship! Just one note.... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:22 pm

IMHO, Thank our lucky stars Trey is only 5-10!!! Were he at least 6', he'd be contemplating his 2012-2013 NBA season right now. For the development (read: coaching up) of him alone, J.B. rates the COY award.
(Also IMHO).

Despite their comeback yesterday, how sore do you think Matta's prat is from kicking himself over passing on Trey?

Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: B1G Championship! Just one note....   B1G Championship! Just one note.... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:26 pm

Admin wrote:
Is this team equipped to make an equal or better run than last year's team?

I think so. More offensive threats, in my opinion.

Agree?

Most definitely. Everyone back is a year older, and in Stu's and Zack's cases, a DECADE better.
And with this frosh point guard we have, can you say----"DARIUS WHO"???

Frankly, I'm not sure which was a less-expected, or greater and more pleasant, surprise: TREY BURKE or
BRADY HOKE...eh?

I will be very disappointed if we don't reach the Sweet-16. Beyond that---well, let's see how
we do, against whom, in the first two rounds first.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: B1G Championship! Just one note....   B1G Championship! Just one note.... EmptyMon Mar 05, 2012 1:34 pm

Well I would have like to see JR become a little more "go to" this year. I feel like he's been hit or miss all year. Don't get me wrong, when he is on, HE IS ON. But I would have liked to see him step up and be the guy more often. I wish he would have established himself as clutch. I haven't seen that out of him on a consistent basis and that makes me wonder if we can make a deep run. All it takes is one guy to be off and anything can happen in the tourney.

PostSubject: Re: B1G Championship! Just one note....   B1G Championship! Just one note.... Empty

Back to top Go down

B1G Championship! Just one note....
Page 1 of 1