Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

B1G Championship

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NCHawk

NCHawk

B1G Championship  Empty
PostSubject: B1G Championship    B1G Championship  EmptyTue Dec 07, 2021 1:03 pm

Well gang, its a good thing that I like Michigan because this one would have been painful. But it was a slow boil until the 4th quarter. I knew it was over when Michigan reached 21. I could have concluded that it was over when Michigan got to 14. But since Iowa had points and showed the ability to move the ball, I figured we might be a turnover away from a ball game. And as you know when points get scored it changes the motional dynamic of the game.

no points were scored. Eventually Michigan ground Iowa's D down because afterall, the O needs to stay on the field and they couldnt'.

Here's a review of my pregame prediction

Here is what it takes for Iowa to win in my opinion.

1) Michigan does not turn in the all time performance as they did vs OSU. (how could they?).  Not sure they turned in an all world performance but they didn't need to.

2) Iowa does not commit any turnovers, and gets at least one turnover in plus territory resulting in a TD}  Iowa had a punt blocked and threw an interception - forgot how many points 7 or 14? Iowa did not convert their interception to points.

3) Iowa minimizes sacks by Michigan }  I think this happened. UM got some but not a lot.  But Hutch influenced Iowa's offensive game plan.

4) Iowa must score at least 35 points (oh boy).   Nope.  

5) Iowa does not allow Michigan to get up by 2 scores in the second half.  Nope.

Congratulations boys. Go Blue. Beat Georgia

Ultimately a low scoring grinder game is Iowa's best chance.

joe and wshoes like this post

Back to top Go down

B1G Championship
Page 1 of 1