Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Borges would take another Denard....

Go down 
+3
Go_Blue
ThatGuy
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

Borges would take another Denard.... Empty
PostSubject: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:31 pm

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2012/03/al_borges_on_the_huge_show.html

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 9:38 pm

Well, duhhhhh...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Go_Blue

Go_Blue

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyWed Mar 07, 2012 11:25 pm

Denard hasn't been given a fair chance. He has had so many different philosophies and offensive packages thrown at him, it is amazing he still produces. Sure, most would like to see him throw better, but in reality he was brought in to run.

I love Denard, but personally, I don't want to see another QB with that skill set until he can thrive within a system that will be there for him for 3-4 years.

That being said, as I said before and I will say again, Denard opened Borges's eyes to what might possibly become a new offense. You never know and Borges has proven he likes to morph different techniques.

Eother way Denard has my full 100% support...a great kid, athlete, and a true Michigan Man!!

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 am

Go_Blue wrote:
...a true Michigan Man!!

Perhaps the most important part of any student-athlete at The University of Michigan!

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 8:54 am

Go_Blue wrote:
Denard hasn't been given a fair chance. He has had so many different philosophies and offensive packages thrown at him, it is amazing he still produces.

I'm of two minds on that, Go_Blue. First off, let me say straight up that I agree it's hell on any teen-ager/just-turned-20 to have to change systems, bosses/coaches, philosophies, etc. so frequently. And kudos to Denard for persevering and producing through it all...and never wavering from that billion-buck smile (which never struck me as anything less than 100% genuine...which rules out any vestige of sulking on his part).

But "not given a fair chance", to me, would mean a new coaching staff like Borges' would have shelved him for a taller, better-suited downfield passer like Gardner (or at least forced him to adapt more quickly and radically).
I give kudos to A.B. for "adapting" his mindset to account for Denard's unique skillset, and "softening his stance" on making more drastic changes.

Bottom line: it seems to have worked out well for ALL concerned...including US FANS!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:05 am

The kid evolved from a gimmick to a true leader of team 132.

I can't recall the last QB we've seen LEAD like this. Henne was great, but IMHO not a great leader. Navarre was so-so across the board. Henson's leadership not in the same boat either. I guess I'd have to go back to Brady (an absolute field general...I'll never forget that PSU comeback in Happy Valley...scrambling for yards, takes a 5 yard delay of game penalty instead of burning the TO, hits Knight in the corner and we steal one).

Now, I'm sure there are instances that the above mentioned qb's showed great character and leadership, but DR does it for me every play the way he sacrifices his body for the greater good. I also think he has a better relationship with the ENTIRE team than those other guys ever did.

Maybe I'm wrong.

Just thoughts.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:11 am

The thing about DR, is that he is seen all over campus as one of the guys. He seems to be everywhere. I'm sure it is because of more media coverage now, but I don't remember a UM QB that was on TV even during the off season like DR is.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:13 am

Name the last UofM Quarterback that went to a Hockey game.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:14 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:

Griese?

Last edited by fishgoblue22 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:14 am

Oh and BTW. one day I had BTN on and Michigan Women's team was playing.

Over on the side was THJr watching the women's team.

Thought that was kinda cool too.

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:15 am

Who is TH3?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:19 am

lol. You saw it before I edited it.

I meant TH Junior.

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:20 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:

To each his own. I too think it is great to see Denard going out supporting the other athletic teams at Michigan. That's his thing and that is fine. Devin has said he prefers to be more low key. Anyone know what Devin did for his Spring Break??? He was in California helping with a youth church camp. Is that "Michigan Man" enough for you?

My point is there is more than one way to represent your university. Denard does it his way but there are many others as well.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Man you're right on it today! lol   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:21 am

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Who is TH3?

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:52 am

THEstjoemfan wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:
Who is TH3?

I wasn't trying to be a smartass, it was a legit question.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 12:12 pm

Yeah I know. I made the error and thought I fixed it fast enough. lol

You were quicker than I was....

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:48 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:

His wife says the same thing...<ba-dump-bum-bump> Very Happy

OK guys, that was a joke. Don't persecute me for it, was all meant in fun.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 4:57 pm

Admin wrote:
Navarre was so-so across the board.

Not saying that you are wrong or anything but Navarre, even though he was statuesque, was a terrific leader. I never met Henne but everything that I ever saw him do was impressive (leadership-wise). But yes Denard is a leader (evidenced by his constant pantomiming "We've gotta eat" during tuo$ game.

However, other great leaders who were not QB's should be mentioned as well. Mike Hart was an outstanding leader. Braylon led by example and that proved effective. Go back several years (and to QB's again) you have Harbaugh. I'm not too certain about this but wasn't Leach a good leader as well?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:02 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:

Nick Sheridan if he counts (I heard rumors about Mallett a few times but never saw him myself). You guys all down-play Hockey but I'm telling you, other than football (and bouncey-ball Basketball since its recent rise in quality of play) which is a gold-mine, Hockey is the only other self-sufficent sport. Hockey is extremly entertaining, go to a game at Yost. You will be amazed.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Last edited by 2ndComingOfBo on Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:04 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
THEstjoemfan wrote:

His wife says the same thing...<ba-dump-bum-bump> Very Happy

OK guys, that was a joke. Don't persecute me for it, was all meant in fun.

I was going to go with the "that's what she said" joke.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:07 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
THEstjoemfan wrote:

Nick Sheridan if he counts (I heard rumors about Mallett a few times but never saw him myself). You guys all down-play Hockey but I'm telling you, other than football (and bouncey-ball Basketball since its recent rise in quality of play) which is a gold-mine, Hockey is the only other self-sufficent sport. Hockey is extremly entertaining, go to a game at Yost. You will be amazed.

Who downplays hockey? I love hokey. Second favorite sport.

Football, hockey, baseball, basketball.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:08 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
I was going to go with the "that's what she said" joke.

I considered that but thought the wife would sting a little more...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:11 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Who downplays hockey? I love hokey. Second favorite sport.

Football, hockey, baseball, basketball.

StJoe, Willie, etc. Hockey is definitely #1 in my book.

I suggest everyone in here go to Yost for this weekends series against Notre Dame. It's league playoff time and Notre Dame must win in order to make the NCAA's, should be good.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 5:12 pm

ND will be desperate.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:19 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
ND will be desperate.

They gooned it up a month ago when we went down to their rink. Look for more of the same, lots of late hits, running into Hunwick, chippy-play, etc.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 6:57 pm

Both nights they hit Hunwick late, it was disgusting.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... EmptyThu Mar 08, 2012 11:51 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:
Both nights they hit Hunwick late, it was disgusting.

That's the only chance that they had, try and get Shawn off of his game. Good thing that he has learned how to temper his emotions.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Borges would take another Denard....   Borges would take another Denard.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Borges would take another Denard....
Page 1 of 1