Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just a comment on THE GAME

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

Just a comment on THE GAME Empty
PostSubject: Just a comment on THE GAME   Just a comment on THE GAME EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 8:37 am

I'm sure by now many of you have seen Braylon Edwards' "Light-years behind OSU" statement.  The portion which caught my attention is this excerpt:

“My biggest concern, if I’m being honest . . . I know the pressure, and I know the respect and I know the emphasis that they put on that Michigan game,” Edwards said of OSU. “Three-hundred-sixty-five days a year, they are breathing, living, hating – they can’t even say our name. They hate us so much. When they go into that game, that’s that old-school, 1960s football, Friday Night Lights in Texas – that’s the atmosphere. That’s what they bring to the table when they play us. You can feel it on them. You can almost smell the hate when you play against them.”

If he's trying to intimate that that is what WE need to even things out, well...sorry, B.E., I'm not convinced. Not only is there more to life than football at U-M, but fostering bloodsucking, unadulterated hatred FOR ONE SINGLE TEAM year-around???  Maybe that explains their multi-touchdown blowout losses to Iowa in '17 and Purdue last year???  Because they were not, on those given weekends, playing (nor getting up for) that Team Up North???

Clemson blew them out the last time they reached the playoffs; and I don't recall ever reading or hearing of the TIGERS' hatred for only OSU.
Superior talent and coaching kept Urban's boys from scoring a point.

Yes, THE GAME is the biggest game of the year for US as well as for them.  But that doesn't mean it's the ONLY game of the year, or only one that means a damn. Nor is it cause for obsession to the exclusion of every other single facet of life...

Christ, talk about taking the expression "Over the Top" to new never-before-attained levels...

And OH YES, to a certain deceased coach: I WILL eat at restaurants and buy gasoline when in the State of OHIO (see? I said/typed it)...
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Just a comment on THE GAME   Just a comment on THE GAME EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 12:43 pm

I'm with you Mike.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Just a comment on THE GAME   Just a comment on THE GAME EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 6:24 pm

I agree as well. All tuo$ has is football, they need to have that attitude. We're better than that....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: Just a comment on THE GAME   Just a comment on THE GAME EmptyThu Sep 19, 2019 9:08 pm

Braylon Edwards is NOT wrong....

they are in fact light years ahead of MICHIGAN.

I follow recruiting more than anyone I know. I can say with certainty that they are light years ahead on the recruiting trail.

Nevermind the fact that they have won 14 of 15. Nevermind that JH is 0-fer, Nevermind that our lone win was against the worst Fickle team ever.

Look at how many draft picks they have in comparison. Not only first rounders but overall.

Braylon Edwards is 100% correct... MICHIAGN is light years behind them and it's not even close.

I hate to admit it but UM is not even in the same league at this point.

I don't see it changing this year either.

This is not a sour fan's opinion..... this is a fact.

Please, please provide facts to prove me wrong (besides the fact that this past year we FINALLY had a higher ranked class).

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Just a comment on THE GAME   Just a comment on THE GAME EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 1:10 am

True, he's not wrong. However he isn't completely right either. We're more than just football.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Just a comment on THE GAME   Just a comment on THE GAME EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 8:28 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
True, he's not wrong.  However he isn't completely right either.  We're more than just football.

My point exactly, Bo...appreciate the affirmation. And our football season is TWELVE games long, not one.

We were NOT light years, or even miles, ahead of OSU in talent in the 90s...but because John Cooper couldn't beat us, though he won
every other game in '95 and '96, the losers in Columbus ran him out of town.

It was a mantra in that city: "John Cooper has done everything--EXCEPT BEAT MICHIGAN."

Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Just a comment on THE GAME   Just a comment on THE GAME EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 10:41 am

I thought his main point was that we were behind because they take the game more seriously than we do- on that he WAS wrong. They have been recruiting better than we have for quite awhile. There are a number of reasons for that (an SEC mentality, success aids recruiting, they have a far better talent base in their home state). We have been losing also for a number of reasons- talent disparity, questionable coaching and bad luck/ bad officiating.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Just a comment on THE GAME   Just a comment on THE GAME EmptyFri Sep 20, 2019 8:15 pm

wshoes wrote:
...bad luck/ bad officiating.

While true I HATE using those reasons/excuses.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a comment on THE GAME   Just a comment on THE GAME Empty

Back to top Go down

Just a comment on THE GAME
Page 1 of 1