Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

we draw Alabama

Go down 
+5
joe
MGOBLUEBC
ThatGuy
dwoody
the artist formally known
9 posters
AuthorMessage

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 8:53 pm

don't know if this is good or bad, myself I am not thrilled with another power house team, that has so much athletic skill. It may just come down to who won't play and who does either way I see a very togh match up for Michigan and another very fast team. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptySun Dec 08, 2019 9:59 pm

9-4. Holy Moeller!

Last edited by dwoody on Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 4:20 am

I'm not exactly looking forward to this game but it does have hype. Two of the mot storied college football programs in history going at it, with the all-time series already tied at 2 a piece. 'bama has been Godlike the past 15 years, and Michigan has been...well Rich Clod and Brady Hoke says it all. The Michigan haters will be pulling for 'bama hard on this one. The built in excuses are already there for 'bama: backup QB, down-year, etc. So IF Michigan wins (which I don't foresee) it won't mean anything to them. However IF Michigan gets molly-whopped (which I think will happen 45-17) they'll be piling on. It's really a no win situation for us.

Alas sparty gets the Pinstripe Bowl in New York and avoids the bus ride to Detroit. At least some sparty athletes will get to touch the field at Yankee Stadium, too bad for them it's football players. God knows that their baseball program is such a joke that no future sparty baseball alumni will ever make the Big Leagues.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 7:42 am

Not real confident in a win here but I just hope we don't get embarrassed, again. This is going to be a game with a LOT of people watching, including some recruits. We sure could use a win here to get the monkey off our backs and Harbaugh's.

Go Blue!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 2:54 pm

Bama isn't as invincible as they have been in the past.

wshoes

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptyMon Dec 09, 2019 7:25 pm

Look-Alabama is favored (by 7 pt?), but what have they shown this year? It is not a crazy argument to suggest that we also would have gone 10-2 against their weak-a--s schedule.
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptyTue Dec 10, 2019 10:15 pm

wshoes wrote:
Look-Alabama is favored (by 7 pt?), but what have they shown this year? It is not a crazy argument to suggest that we also would have gone 10-2 against their weak-a--s schedule.

I'm with you 'shoes but then again it's still 'bama. They still have the horses but with their backup QB. But 'bamas backup QB could start in 3/4's of B1G schools so...

Has anyone heard about any significant players sitting out the Bowl game yet? As far as I know everyone significant is playing. I'm hoping Michigan looks at this game as potential redemption and 'bama looks at it as "Holiday practice" and overlooks it. Seeing as how this is the first time 'bama hasn't made the playoff I guess that's a possibility. I'm not counting on it though.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
michmike

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptyWed Dec 11, 2019 8:11 am

Bo 2.0 wrote:
wshoes wrote:

I'm with you 'shoes but then again it's still 'bama.  They still have the horses but with their backup QB.  But 'bamas backup QB could start in 3/4's of B1G schools so...

Has anyone heard about any significant players sitting out the Bowl game yet?  As far as I know everyone significant is playing.  I'm hoping Michigan looks at this game as potential redemption and 'bama looks at it as "Holiday practice" and overlooks it.  Seeing as how this is the first time 'bama hasn't made the playoff I guess that's a possibility.  I'm not counting on it though.

Actually, I AM counting on it, Bo2. Success---almost GIVEN, PERPETUAL success--does breed presumption; it's a condition of basic human
nature.  And with their "entitlement" (to BCS spots and NC's) gone, I have to believe their motivation takes a hit, too.

Without or without that, however, if we come with our full (or nearly so) complement of starters (e.g., QB nightmare Josh Uche says he WILL play),
I'm fairly confident we'll be fine.  Well enough to WIN?  We'll see.
Back to top Go down
NCHawk

NCHawk

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptyThu Dec 12, 2019 6:24 pm

Part of bama's problem this year is they don't play clean football. Penalties and Turnovers have cost them. They're also fairly inexperienced. So play a clean game and who knows?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptyFri Dec 13, 2019 5:11 am

NCHawk wrote:
Part of bama's problem this year is they don't play clean football. Penalties and Turnovers have cost them. They're also fairly inexperienced.  So play a clean game and who knows?

Is it 2022 already?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
mgoblue93

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 11:35 am

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Not real confident in a win here but I just hope we don't get embarrassed, again. This is going to be a game with a LOT of people watching, including some recruits. We sure could use a win here to get the monkey off our backs and Harbaugh's.

Go Blue!

I'm with you on this one. All I ask is we don't get embarrassed yet again. Never thought I'd ever cheer for a respectable loss, but that's what I'm doing.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptyFri Dec 27, 2019 12:26 pm

We are not fast enough to compete well against ‘bama.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 3:44 pm

The line has moved to 10.

Take bama and lay the points.

We aren't going to beat them.

There is Elite and there is the next level.

One is us and one is bama.

Guess which?

wshoes

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 4:34 pm

joe wrote:
The line has moved to 10.

Take bama and lay the points.

We aren't going to beat them.

There is Elite and there is the next level.

One is us and one is bama.

Guess which?

Joe, where are you seeing that the line has moved to 10? Everywhere I look, it is still 7- that is quite a discrepancy.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 9:50 pm

Honestly I received a text from my football buddy telling me that. I did not fact check. I assumed he was on it. (He usually is.)

I just looked and agree with you. That's even less points.

So........ Bet the house, the car, the barn, hell the entire farm on bama.

ThatGuy

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptySat Dec 28, 2019 10:21 pm

joe wrote:
Honestly I received a text from my football buddy telling me that. I did not fact check. I assumed he was on it. (He usually is.)

I just looked and agree with you. That's even less points.

So........ Bet the house, the car, the barn, hell the entire farm on bama.

I am in no way predicting a Michigan win but it is possible. I doubt it but hey, they could surprise us.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 9:49 am

I am what you might call an optimistic pessimist. By he time kick-off rolls around I pretty much convince myself that we can win except in those cases where I know we have no workable QB, for instance in Henne's last year against OSU when he had gotten a bad cortisone shot and couldn't comb his hair with his right arm, let alone pass effectively.
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptySun Dec 29, 2019 10:16 am

I think we have the horses to win with, the question is does the coaches have the wagon hitched up correctly if you know what I mean?
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 5:44 am

As if 'bama needed any help, Dwumfor is out....

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/breaking-michael-dwumfour-out-for-the-citrus-bowl/?fbclid=IwAR3um_-Z0YZXIJ0iwwkSEKm-08N4vS8WN3IYLPELKR05OeKySaUXcl3gBi8

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
NCHawk

NCHawk

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama EmptyMon Dec 30, 2019 9:56 pm

podcast here - about Dierdorf's comments. Much ado about nothing IMO.

https://www.si.com/college/michigan/football/michigan-wolverines-football-dan-dierdorf-comments-about-losing-to-alabama-crimson-tide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

we draw Alabama Empty
PostSubject: Re: we draw Alabama   we draw Alabama Empty

Back to top Go down

we draw Alabama
Page 1 of 1