Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Great team victory!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
dwoody

dwoody

Great team victory! Empty
PostSubject: Great team victory!   Great team victory! EmptyThu Jan 09, 2020 10:42 pm

Survived one without Livers! It can be done. Haarms  going down early balanced things. X came through at the line. A very entertaining game.
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Great team victory!   Great team victory! EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 8:18 am

Indeed it was a great team victory. We all thought (let's be honest here) it would be a 10-14 point win for us, over a team not capable of putting up more than 37 points at Illinois.  But I'm not sure who scares me more under the hoop: that Williams, or Iowa's Garza. Williams had what, 37 points ON HIS OWN?  

And from the back-and-forth tussle through regulation, which Z saved for us with that drive to the hoop (a 6' guy among the trees, no less), to Wagner's block at the end of regulation, to Z's other drive at the end of OT-1, to his and Wagner's threes in OT-2 to put Purdue down 9, to Teske's, Johns' DDJ's, Brooks' etc. determined defense along the way...

(Though we would have made it a lot easier on ourselves had we hit more than 5/11 FTs in the two OTs...)

Most heartening for me---since we'll be without Livers at least a couple more games---was how little energy our men seemed to LOSE despite playing so many minutes. To their credit, the same can be said for Purdue's guys. From the opening tip till 2 seconds remained in the second OT, 10 guys were constantly flying around the court...
Back to top Go down
the artist formally known

the artist formally known

PostSubject: Re: Great team victory!   Great team victory! EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 2:29 pm

didn't see a lot of the game (THursday is bowling night) saw bit and piece's. Again outside shooting was terrible, good thing Harms went down. Hope Livers is back soon, 24% shooting from the outside is not good. X was superman last night and save the day. Not sure about Brooks his inability to hit shots, and turnovers bother me. Johns I thought was going to be a stud so far been lack luster, and Castleton, should even be on the floor to weak and not athletic enough, for inside in the B1G

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: Great team victory!   Great team victory! EmptyFri Jan 10, 2020 2:32 pm

And yet, they won with all those so-called dogs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great team victory!   Great team victory! Empty

Back to top Go down

Great team victory!
Page 1 of 1