Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Ho hum another Championship.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

OT: Ho hum another Championship. Empty
PostSubject: OT: Ho hum another Championship.   OT: Ho hum another Championship. EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:05 am

http://www.michigandaily.com/sports/wolverines-capture-fifth-consecutive-big-ten-title

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Ho hum another Championship.   OT: Ho hum another Championship. EmptyMon May 14, 2012 12:01 am

For the first time in over a decade, Michigan Softball has to go on the road for a Regional.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/051312aaa.html

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Ho hum another Championship.   OT: Ho hum another Championship. EmptyMon May 14, 2012 5:25 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
For the first time in over a decade, Michigan Softball has to go on the road for a Regional.

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/w-softbl/spec-rel/051312aaa.html

I read about that this weekend on mgoblue. this is a bummer because I also read that they've only lost 3 games at home this year.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Ho hum another Championship.   OT: Ho hum another Championship. EmptyMon May 14, 2012 6:19 pm

Home field advantage is something you earn during the regular season. Unfortunately Michigan didn't earn it this year thus they get to go to Louisville. They can get home field for the Super Regional's though providing Alabama loses its Regional. IIRC Alabama is the #1 over-all seed though and the other three teams in that Region are not ranked as high as Michigan. Therefore Michigan needs to win it's Region and have someone other than 'bama win that Region in order to host the Super Regional's. It's kind of a long shot that both of those Regions will have upset winners but it could happen. Think back to, I believe it was 2007, Michigan baseball beat Vanderbilt who was the #1 over-all seed. I don't recall who the #1 was in the opposite Region but Oregon State won that Region. Michigan was offered the chance to host that Super-Regional but had to decline as the 'fish was already under renovation. Therefore the Super-Regional was at Oregon St.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Ho hum another Championship.   OT: Ho hum another Championship. Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Ho hum another Championship.
Page 1 of 1