Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The annual "Dueling columns"....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

The annual "Dueling columns".... Empty
PostSubject: The annual "Dueling columns"....   The annual "Dueling columns".... EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 3:10 am

http://www.michigandaily.com/sports/dueling-columns-michigan-daily-vs-state-news?page=0,0

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The annual "Dueling columns"....   The annual "Dueling columns".... EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 7:35 am

Wow. That little shithead from MSU...makes me want to drive straight to EL and smack him across the face.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: The annual "Dueling columns"....   The annual "Dueling columns".... EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 7:54 am

You know (and folks among you like our own historian, WH, can relate to this more than I, not being a native Michigander), it would be kind of interesting to experience being part of a family where a couple siblings went to U-M, a couple to MSU. In terms of everything from sports to academics (ha!). I had no such experience, as one sister went to a local college, the other to Dayton then Wisconsin (yeah, that Wisky), and kid brother to Berkelee School of Music (Boston).

But though my second sister wasn't into sports, she knew I fully was. And in 1974, when we spoke, I told her how happy I was to see her (grad school) alma mater beat Nebraska in that upset that year, 21-20. I went on to mention U-M had to visit Wisconsin in a few weeks.

"Mike, hearing your enthusiasm over Wisconsin winning today, would it be unfair to ask where your loyalty will be in that (UM-UW) game?"

I quickly answered: "No, it wouldn't be unfair. But it sure would be stupid."
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The annual "Dueling columns"....   The annual "Dueling columns".... EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 8:00 am

hahahahaha I love it!!

Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The annual "Dueling columns"....   The annual "Dueling columns".... EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 8:00 am

Mike, I could read your stuff all day.

michmike

PostSubject: Re: The annual "Dueling columns"....   The annual "Dueling columns".... EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 8:26 am

Admin wrote:
Mike, I could read your stuff all day.

Yikes...your mind is that desperate for "entertainment"?

(I couldn't even come around to typing the word "enlightenment", even in jest...)
Back to top Go down
jjabilene

PostSubject: Re: The annual "Dueling columns"....   The annual "Dueling columns".... EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 9:37 am

Wow, that article read like it was written by a Spartan mlive troll. Pretty good illustration of the differences between the two fanbases. The Michigan writer was articulate and respectful, the MSU writer was crass, hateful and half coherent. All in all, about what you'd expect.

Last edited by jjabilene on Fri Oct 19, 2012 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: The annual "Dueling columns"....   The annual "Dueling columns".... EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:07 pm

state news kid makes some good points about the "non rivalry" but the lack of class or shall I say the little punk tone in which he wrote it makes it look like desperate last words before getting a beating.

He's already beat and he knows it. He's just trying to make the sting feel better.

Both fun reads though.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: The annual "Dueling columns"....   The annual "Dueling columns".... EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 12:37 pm

That was just a little insight to why I hate Lil'Bro more than ohio...

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The annual "Dueling columns"....   The annual "Dueling columns".... Empty

Back to top Go down

The annual "Dueling columns"....
Page 1 of 1