Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Beilein is NOT the answer.

Go down 
+6
wshoes
ThatGuy
the artist formally known
MgoBlue
umichfaninpa
hailtoyourvictor
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

Beilein is NOT the answer.  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Beilein is NOT the answer.    Beilein is NOT the answer.  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Uh, I didn't say that they learned nothing from Coach Belien but they do have the GENETICS to become good players. What are they supposed to say?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Beilein is NOT the answer.    Beilein is NOT the answer.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 12:15 am

wshoes, I'm not disagreeing with you. I think Beilein is the perfect coach for the Michigan program. The way he finds diamonds in the rough is amazing.

GRIII was not a top 50 recruit when he committed to Michigan, but was a 5* by the time he enrolled.
Zak Irvin was not a top 50 recruit when he committed to Michigan, but he was a 5* by the time he enrolled.

You already touched on Burke and THJ.

My point wasn't that Beilein shouldn't get credit, my point was that Michigan was extremely talented. To say a team with the consensus NPOY along with 3 other projected 1st round draft picks (two being lottery picks) "wasn't nearly as talented as quite a few teams" is simply a lie.

I'd challenge someone to name 10 NCAA tournament teams that had more talent than Michigan last season. The fact that Admin is using that as one of his points (for whatever his point is) makes me positive that he doesn't follow college basketball.

Regardless, the original point of this thread is that:
A) Beilein did not have immediate success at Michigan. (Hoke?)
B) Beilein "underachieved" in his 3rd year with a team many thought was a top 20 team. (Hoke?)
C) Many people wanted Beilein fired. (Hoke?)
D) Brandon stuck with Beilein. (Hoke?)
E) Beilein now has Michigan's basketball program in the best position it has been years. In the past two season, Michigan has a Big Ten title and an appearance in the National Championship game. (To be determined.)

If we were as quick to fire John Beilein as some are on firing Brady Hoke, there is no way our basketball program would be where it is right now. I believe in giving Hoke the benefit of the doubt, for now.

That is all.

PostSubject: Re: Beilein is NOT the answer.    Beilein is NOT the answer.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:17 am

jjabilene wrote:
Admin wrote:
I'm not going to get into a comparison of Belien and Hoke, really, other than the fact that the argument could be made that last year's Michigan team advanced further than it probably should have (hey, it was a great run and they deserved to be there...but I don't think anyone would truly argue that Michigan was the 2nd best team in the country last season when stacked up apples to apples).

---> [I just reread that last line after posting it, and if anything, THAT PROVES MY POINT MORE. Belein was able to have enormous success with a team that wasn't nearly as talented, top to bottom, as quite a few of the other teams in last year's tournament. Yet he won. HOKE ISN'T DOING THAT. Everyone wants to point out the lack of talent on our team...well if Hoke is truly THE GUY, he should be producing with less talent. Then when his players get here he should be murdering teams.]

And the people arguing that Hoke hasn't had a chance to have his own players on the field aren't necessarily wrong.

However, it's the development (or serious lack of development) of the players he inherited that is the telling sign for me.

It's his inability to win a game outside of AA that is the telling sign for me.

It's his inability to demand better from his coordinators that is the telling sign for me.

It's his inability to, like many of the fans, take the blinders off and give an honest assessment of the state of the program [that being said, perhaps he knows exactly how shit this program is right now, and he chooses not to voice that publicly - which is a good thing - but maybe he truly doesn't realize this?), that is the telling sign for me.

Many of you can go on and on that he needs more time, but I think the proof is already in the pudding...a "full recruiting cycle" or not.
Although I don't agree with all of them, your points are reasonable, and I'll say this, there won't be any excuse not to be a lot better next year. In particular, with a healthy Ryan, there is no reason we shouldn't have one of the best, if not THE best, defenses in the conference next year.
They play ND, NW, Sparty and O$U on the road next year... And for a coach who has proven he can't win big games away from AA, that could easily be 4 losses right there. They need to be a HELL OF A LOT better.
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Beilein is NOT the answer.    Beilein is NOT the answer.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 8:30 am

Still think Beilein/RichRod is the more apt comparison-

Innovators who run unconventional offenses that weren't what fans were used to and that many claimed "wouldn't work in the Big Ten."

'shoes
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: Beilein is NOT the answer.    Beilein is NOT the answer.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 10:34 am

wshoes wrote:
Still think Beilein/RichRod is the more apt comparison-

Innovators who run unconventional offenses that weren't what fans were used to and that many claimed "wouldn't work in the Big Ten."

'shoes
That is fair. My point still stands that if we didn't give Beilein more time than knee-jerkers wanted, we wouldn't have been gifted with these last few years of college basketball. I'll give Hoke that same benefit of the doubt.
Back to top Go down
MgoBlue

PostSubject: Re: Beilein is NOT the answer.    Beilein is NOT the answer.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 10:59 am

Gee I wonder if we can come up with any examples of people that got 4+ years and should have been fired sooner? Nah!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: Beilein is NOT the answer.    Beilein is NOT the answer.  - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 06, 2013 4:21 pm

And I wonder if I can find any examples of people who talk out of their ass?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Beilein is NOT the answer.    Beilein is NOT the answer.  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Beilein is NOT the answer.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2