Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Good read about social media and amature athletes.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

Good read about social media and amature athletes. Empty
PostSubject: Good read about social media and amature athletes.   Good read about social media and amature athletes. EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 1:01 pm

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20120210/SPORTS0203/202100339/How-Twitter-can-sink-athletes-college-careers?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
Back to top Go down
michmike

PostSubject: Re: Good read about social media and amature athletes.   Good read about social media and amature athletes. EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 1:10 pm

Good read, indeed, Fish. So many people, young and old, athletes and non-, and from all personal convictions, backgrounds, etc. can be so harmed.

Why can't the public simply get it through its head that NOTHING one posts on the world-wide web (check the first two words, everybody!) is even remotely "private"?? Or that neither Mr. Richardson nor anyone can have a "conversation with other athletes" without the planet learning of it (and quickly), if a SOCIAL NETWORKING SITE, rather than a personal e-mailbox/ address, is utilized?
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Good read about social media and amature athletes.   Good read about social media and amature athletes. EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 1:18 pm

Saw it first hand with my family over Christmas. My sisters were arguing with each other at the family get together over what one of them posted on Facebook. Me and my brothers stayed out of it.
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: Good read about social media and amature athletes.   Good read about social media and amature athletes. EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:38 pm

Nice article and you're all right. But, why didn't the punishment to Wright apply to Richardson? Was it less offensive? Seems like Wright learned a lesson the hard way. Now I wonder if he's able to stay off of it.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Not certain but   Good read about social media and amature athletes. EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 2:41 pm

exmichresident wrote:
Nice article and you're all right. But, why didn't the punishment to Wright apply to Richardson? Was it less offensive? Seems like Wright learned a lesson the hard way. Now I wonder if he's able to stay off of it.

Wright was in a Private school and Richardson a Public school?

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Good read about social media and amature athletes.   Good read about social media and amature athletes. EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:12 pm

Plus, Wrigt's were about getting p*ssy and racial crap.
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: But those subjects   Good read about social media and amature athletes. EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:23 pm

fishgoblue22 wrote:

are still covered under the 1st Amendment.

I don't believe they could throw a kid out of a public school unless the kid specifically named someone or threatened someone.

I honestly don't remember Wright's posts but I think they were racial but not threatening or aimed at one person.

It's a loophole but..........

And I have no proof of this. It's just my opinion.

PostSubject: Re: Good read about social media and amature athletes.   Good read about social media and amature athletes. EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:29 pm

THEstjoemfan wrote:
fishgoblue22 wrote:

are still covered under the 1st Amendment.

I don't believe they could throw a kid out of a public school unless the kid specifically named someone or threatened someone.

I honestly don't remember Wright's posts but I think they were racial but not threatening or aimed at one person.

It's a loophole but..........

And I have no proof of this. It's just my opinion.

Poor Yuri Wright went to a private, not public, school and his expulsion was not the result of a government action, so the First Amendment does not apply. The First Amendment prohibits only the government from taking any action to impinge on freedom of expression. Many people do not realize this.
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: Good read about social media and amature athletes.   Good read about social media and amature athletes. EmptyFri Feb 10, 2012 3:32 pm

I don't care about that. I care about UM's recruitment of the two.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good read about social media and amature athletes.   Good read about social media and amature athletes. Empty

Back to top Go down

Good read about social media and amature athletes.
Page 1 of 1