Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

OT: Sandyeggo, toilet water to tap water? Hope this works!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
booboo

booboo

OT: Sandyeggo, toilet water to tap water? Hope this works!! Empty
PostSubject: OT: Sandyeggo, toilet water to tap water? Hope this works!!   OT: Sandyeggo, toilet water to tap water? Hope this works!! EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 12:19 am

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/san-diego-to-turn-toilet-water-into-tap-water/29813652

Hopethis idea works, the idea of not knowing what I might be drinking, haha! Twisted Evil

I knew there is a water shortage problem in the southwest & parts of Cali., didn't realize how bad. Presume you have some kind of water restrictions like watering lawns.

Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Sandyeggo, toilet water to tap water? Hope this works!!   OT: Sandyeggo, toilet water to tap water? Hope this works!! EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 4:27 am

Dude, I would move before drinking any water there. OMG, San Diego already is "North Mexico" and now you can't drink the water there either. There is absolutely no way that I would drink that crap or even take a shower in it....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: OT: Sandyeggo, toilet water to tap water? Hope this works!!   OT: Sandyeggo, toilet water to tap water? Hope this works!! EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 10:48 am

booboo wrote:
http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/san-diego-to-turn-toilet-water-into-tap-water/29813652

Hopethis idea works, the idea of not knowing what I might be drinking, haha!  Twisted Evil

I knew there is a water shortage problem in the southwest & parts of Cali., didn't realize how bad. Presume you have some kind of water restrictions like watering lawns.

I hike the sierras every year and that is where we (southern californian's) get most of our water from. The snow pack was 200%+ in 2011. Since then it's been lucky to reach 40%. It's crazy to notice with your own eyes. Example: In 2011 I had to find another route to get over Pinchot Pass because of the snow. Last year there was barely any snow on the pass in June when I hiked it. So we've been in a three year drought. Most of that water goes to the farmers in the central valleys. We here in San Diego are at the end of the pipeline.

Water restrictions have been in place for a long time. Slowly I've seen lawns go from grass to water-friendly vegetation. it's rare to see a nice yard full of grass anymore. The water and electric companies actually pay you a decent amount (depending on sq ft of the lot) to switch from grass.

We're in an el nino year this year. I expect a lot of snow in the sierras this year. I'll be hiking the high sierra trail this year in late June. It's only 70 miles but the trail covers some decent elevation so I'll get a good idea of the snow pack then.

San Diego is building a de-salination plant (first on the west coast) and it should be done next year. That will produce roughtly 500,000 gallons of water each day for San Diego. It will cost us ~$7 more per month on our bills but we need it. That water will be earmarked for the drinking supply.

so yeah it's pretty bad here but water recycling goes on in pretty much EVERY city in America. It's nothing new and we have a water filters in our house so that helps all that much more. I drink at least 80oz of water each day and I get it from my tap. Tastes fine to me. And family and friends that visit have actually commented that it tastes better than theirs.

In fact I remember moving to Michigan when I was in high school and we got our water from a well on our property and that was the worst tasting water I'd ever drank to that point. I got used to it though.

booboo

PostSubject: Re: OT: Sandyeggo, toilet water to tap water? Hope this works!!   OT: Sandyeggo, toilet water to tap water? Hope this works!! EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 11:42 am

Sandyeggo, thanks for info!!! $7/month, $84 a yr. seems very reasonable.

I have well water, yea doesn't really taste well, buy a lot of bottled water
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: OT: Sandyeggo, toilet water to tap water? Hope this works!!   OT: Sandyeggo, toilet water to tap water? Hope this works!! EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 7:02 pm

booboo wrote:
Sandyeggo, thanks for info!!! $7/month, $84 a yr. seems very reasonable.

I have well water, yea doesn't really taste well, buy a lot of bottled water

Put a water filter on your kitchen sink. That really improves the taste of the water. This is what I use, water tastes great...

http://www.amazon.com/Culligan-FM-25-Faucet-Mount-Filter/dp/B0064MKTE0

(However I still wouldn't drink waste water, even if it was "treated"...)

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OT: Sandyeggo, toilet water to tap water? Hope this works!!   OT: Sandyeggo, toilet water to tap water? Hope this works!! Empty

Back to top Go down

OT: Sandyeggo, toilet water to tap water? Hope this works!!
Page 1 of 1