Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Will someone please explain...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
michmike

Will someone please explain... Empty
PostSubject: Will someone please explain...   Will someone please explain... EmptySat Aug 10, 2019 8:10 am

...all the apparent trepidation, across so many chat boards (including MGoBoard), regarding our game with ARMY?  Seems so many "experts" are up in arms over the fact they are the only triple-option team we'll face, or have faced in decades.

Army is about the only school (or one of 3 or max. 4) in the nation that still uses it. And given their grossly-undersized (by Power-5 standards) O-line, and our superior athleticism, speed and strength on D, how many "options" does one expect a QB (however mobile or savvy) to HAVE when the opponent has two D-linemen in his backfield half a second after the center snaps the ball???

Not to downplay the enormous respect I have for our REAL defenders (of our land) and their dedication to football and their REAL duty, but I for one am not convinced it will be a close game. And I haven't yet typed anything about their lack of a passing game, or, consequently, their secondary's lack of real-time experience defending one...let alone one like ours (Shea--->DPJ/Black/Collins/McKeon/Sandristini/Bell, protected by an all-B1G O-line).

U-M by 17 points or more...
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: Will someone please explain...   Will someone please explain... EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 5:20 am

Michigan, and most schools technically, have struggled against Army. Am I seriously worried about the Army game? No. Will I take it lightly? No, especially after last night. I was out at a bar wearing my maize "Worst State Ever" shirt. There was a guy who was wearing a Toledo Rockets shirt and he approached me saying that he's not concerned about Michigan. He didn't even have to say anything as I was at the game. I just sat there in disbelief for a 1/2-an hour after the game trying to process that disaster. Then the 2 1/2 hour drive home was nice too. WTF? Damn you Rich Clod!

Army is very well disciplined and even though they do not have the athletes to play with us. The fact that will be our 2nd game with an entirely new offensive system and pretty much new defensive starters, it makes me actually take notice. Once again I don't think we lose but I can see it being within 17. Of course Michigan could win by 28+ so what do I know?
Back to top Go down
wshoes

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: Will someone please explain...   Will someone please explain... EmptySun Aug 11, 2019 9:14 am

I like the "idea" of playing Service academies. Their fans are great and enthusiastic and the pre-game pageantry is typically very good. I don't like when we boo them when they take the field. The downside of playing any team with a unique offense is that you spend a lot of time preparing for something that you won't see again, and it doesn't prepare you for your key games down the road. This is a defensive concern, I don't see that it impacts our offense.

That said, it's still football and if you're good enough you ought to be handle a variety of scenarios.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will someone please explain...   Will someone please explain... Empty

Back to top Go down

Will someone please explain...
Page 1 of 1