Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

O$U covid positive

Go down 
+3
dwoody
ThatGuy
sandyeggo_blue
7 posters
AuthorMessage
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

O$U covid positive Empty
PostSubject: O$U covid positive   O$U covid positive EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 12:28 am

cancelled the game against Illinois this week.

Remember this is the second game cancelled because of COVID (Maryland was the other game).

So if they have to cancel another game then they will basically have to forfeit their season. they won't be able to play in the B1G championship game and they won't be eligible for the CFP.

Per Yahoo   https://sports.yahoo.com/ohio-state-coach-ryan-day-tests-positive-for-covid-19-and-will-miss-illinois-game-204644060.html

The six-game rule isn’t hard and fast. There’s language built into the conference’s rules for 2020 that eliminates the rule if there are a lot of games canceled. Here’s the rule as it’s written.

A team must play at least six games to be considered for participation in the championship game. However, if the average number of conference games played by all teams falls below six, with the average rounded up/down at .50 (i.e. 6.50 or greater would round up to 7, 6.49 or less would round down to 6), then teams must play no less than two fewer conference games than the average number of conference games played by all teams (i.e. four games played if the conference average is six) to be considered.

Definitely an interesting development to follow. Also, they aren't saying who has tested positive. For the time being the two big names are coaches Ryan Day and Larry Johnson. I haven't read any name of any players. I'm sure I can dig around on message boards in the next few days and get a decent idea of the players in the program that have tested positive.

ThatGuy

O$U covid positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: O$U covid positive   O$U covid positive EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 12:54 am

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I haven't read any name of any players. I'm sure I can dig around on message boards in the next few days and get a decent idea of the players in the program that have tested positive.

You the man 'eggo. Thank you in advance.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

O$U covid positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: O$U covid positive   O$U covid positive EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 1:02 am

So...you’re saying I have a chance!
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

O$U covid positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: O$U covid positive   O$U covid positive EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 10:39 am

I’m sure the B1G and ESON will do all they can to get the bucknuts into the playoff lol
Back to top Go down
BOLEACH7

BOLEACH7

O$U covid positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: O$U covid positive   O$U covid positive EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 10:40 am

* ESPN
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

O$U covid positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: O$U covid positive   O$U covid positive EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 9:19 pm

quick update on some new numbers

The B1G rule on conference title eligibility says that a team must play at least six games unless the average number of games played by each team in the league is less than six with that average is rounded to the nearest integer. In that case, a team can qualify if it plays a minimum of two fewer games than that average.

Coming into today, six conference games have been canceled. In order for a team to qualify for the B1G Championship Game having played only five games, there would have to be at least 18 total Big Ten cancellations in the regular season.  That would necessitate 12 more games being canceled out of the 19 remaining, including this Saturday's remaining contests.

According to Dr. Jim Borchers, Ohio State’s team physician, the program had virtually no positive tests this season until Wednesday’s testing.

Borchers said the percentage of positive individuals among Ohio State players and staff hit one of the Big Ten’s warning “guideposts” on Friday night, leading officials to cancel Saturday’s game at Illinois.

Borchers said that benchmark was 7.5% of the 170 individuals deemed Tier 1 in the program, including players, coaches and staff. That means at least 13 people in the Buckeyes camp tested positive, although Borchers declined to provide specific numbers.

still trying to find who the positive players are. Can't find anything on their message boards but we will definitely know by the active roster next week. By the way, it is important to remember that there is a mandatory 21 days out if a player tests positive so whichever players have tested positive have likely played their last game of the year until the bowl game.

sandyeggo_blue

O$U covid positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: O$U covid positive   O$U covid positive EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 9:26 pm

SIDE NOTE OFF TOPIC

the  o$u message boards are confirming the Urban and Shelly are in austin texas looking at houses. Tom Herman will be on the board for a coaching job next year also. Ubran to Texas????

The funny thing is that the O$U fans seem to be upset that he left like that. They are saying it was a made up ailment. Not sure if they do or don't recall he did the same thing to Florida before going to columbus.

ThatGuy

O$U covid positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: O$U covid positive   O$U covid positive EmptySat Nov 28, 2020 10:29 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
SIDE NOTE OFF TOPIC

the  o$u message boards are confirming the Urban and Shelly are in austin texas looking at houses. Tom Herman will be on the board for a coaching job next year also. Ubran to Texas????

The funny thing is that the O$U fans seem to be upset that he left like that. They are saying it was a made up ailment. Not sure if they do or don't recall he did the same thing to Florida before going to columbus.

But urban liar is such a stand-up guy.... rabbit

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
MGOBLUEBC

MGOBLUEBC

O$U covid positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: O$U covid positive   O$U covid positive EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 8:02 am

Lots of talk from Michigan fans saying Michigan should fake Covid just before the OSU game just to screw the suckeyes out of the BT championship game. lol

the artist formally known likes this post

Back to top Go down
joe

joe

O$U covid positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: O$U covid positive   O$U covid positive EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 5:24 pm

BTW, I'm not sure there is a requirement for the national championship.

That requirement is entirely for the B1G championship.

If ohio goes 5-0 I guarantee they'd be in the national playoff.

As they really should. Let's be honest. They are one of the 4 best teams in the country. They may be the best.

sandyeggo_blue

O$U covid positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: O$U covid positive   O$U covid positive EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 6:02 pm

joe wrote:
BTW, I'm not sure there is a requirement for the national championship.

That requirement is entirely for the B1G championship.

If ohio goes 5-0 I guarantee they'd be in the national playoff.

As they really should. Let's be honest. They are one of the 4 best teams in the country. They may be the best.

everything you said above is correct

https://collegefootballplayoff.com/news/2020/11/22/selection-committee-rankings-questions.aspx#:~:text=There%20is%20no%20minimum%20game,the%20final%20rankings%20December%2020.

the artist formally known

O$U covid positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: O$U covid positive   O$U covid positive EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 7:22 pm

MGOBLUEBC wrote:
Lots of talk from Michigan fans saying Michigan should fake Covid just before the OSU game just to screw the suckeyes out of the BT championship game. lol

i agree why go in there and be totally humiliated, this season is bust of super magdatude so why bother a loss to Maryland and another to O$U . WHY

WITH AN ENTHUSIASM UNKNOWN TO MANKIND
GOOO BLUE
Very Happy Very Happy
The Curse of Rich Rod

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

O$U covid positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: O$U covid positive   O$U covid positive EmptySun Nov 29, 2020 8:17 pm

Well, the games are on the schedule. That’s why they’ll show up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

O$U covid positive Empty
PostSubject: Re: O$U covid positive   O$U covid positive Empty

Back to top Go down

O$U covid positive
Page 1 of 1