Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New covid rules for the Playoffs

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
joe

joe

New covid rules for the Playoffs Empty
PostSubject: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 5:57 pm

I copied this of a Georgia chat site.

Please no discussion either way about the vaccine or masks. This is 100% to do with what will happen to games.

IRVING, Texas – The College Football Playoff (CFP) Management Committee today announced a series of new actions it will take to protect student-athlete health and safety as the omicron virus has spread in advance of the College Football Playoff.

“As we prepare for the Playoff, it’s wise and necessary to put into place additional precautions to protect those who will play and coach the games,” said Bill Hancock, Executive Director of the CFP. “These policies will better protect our students and staffs while providing clarity in the event worst-case scenarios result.”

The changes were based on a recommendation from the Management Committee during a video conference yesterday, December 21, 2021.

The following are the policies for the Cotton Bowl, Fiesta Bowl, Orange Bowl and Peach Bowl if an institution determines that it is unable to compete in the game because an insufficient number of athletes are available to play because of COVID-19.

1. Fiesta and Peach Bowls – The CFP, bowl game and ESPN shall attempt to identify an alternate date for the game within one week of the scheduled date; if no date can be identified, the game would be considered no contest.

2. Playoff Semifinals (Cotton and Orange Bowls) if one team is unavailable to play – The unavailable team shall forfeit the game and its opponent would advance to the national championship game.

3. Playoff Semifinals (Cotton and Orange Bowls) if both teams are unavailable to play in one semifinal – The semifinal game would be declared “no contest” and the team winning the other semifinal game would be declared the CFP National Champion.

4. Playoff Semifinals (Cotton and Orange Bowls) if three teams are unavailable to play – The semifinal game in which two teams are unable to play would be declared “no contest.” In the other semifinal game, the team unable to play shall forfeit the game and its opponent would be declared CFP National Champion.

5. CFP National Championship – If the team’s unavailability is determined after the Playoff Semifinals have been conducted, the national championship game in Indianapolis may be rescheduled to no later than Friday, January 14. If one team is able to play and the other is not and the game cannot be rescheduled or is rescheduled and cannot be played, then the team unable to play shall forfeit the game and the other team shall be declared CFP National Champion. If both teams are unable to play on either an original or rescheduled date, then the game shall be declared “no contest” and the CFP National Championship shall be vacated for this season.

Following are other policies that shall be in place for this year’s games:

A. Teams’ travel to bowl sites – Teams have the option to arrive at the bowl site not later than two days before the game, rather than the customary five days before the game. (For example, not later than Wednesday before a Friday game.)

B. Bowl events – Attendance at events at the game sites will be optional for student-athletes, institutions’ staff members, bands and spirit squads.

C. News conferences – Media access to coaches, staff and student-athletes will be virtual.

D. Access to the playing field – Non-essential personnel will not have access to the field and sidelines pre- and post-game. (For clarity, this includes, but is not limited to, institutions’ friends and family and bowls’ “special guests” and sponsors.)

F. Testing arrangement. Each institution will use the testing arrangement that it used during the regular season. The institution will arrange for testing at the game site.

G. Acceptance of opponent’s protocol. Each conference has agreed to accept each other conference’s testing protocol.

H. Certification. The director of athletics and the institution’s chief medical officer must certify that each person with access to the playing field on game day has tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of the kickoff or has been fully vaccinated.

J. Health and Safety. To provide the best chance of health and safety, the participating institutions are encouraged to ensure that student-athletes and staff take prudent measures and follow medical recommendations to help prevent the contraction or transmission of COVID before, during and after they travel to the game sites.

“We certainly wish we were not in this position,” said Hancock, “but the only responsible thing is to take whatever actions we can reasonably take to better protect those who play and coach the game.”

Georgia was originally scheduled to arrive in Ft. Lauderdale for the Capital One Orange Bowl on December 26 but that probably won't be the case now. The Bulldogs are dealing with COVID-19 within their program right now with multiple players, including back-up quarterback JT Daniels, testing positive. A few staffers have also tested positive. UGA will take on No.2 Michigan on December 31 at 7:30 p.m. ET.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyWed Dec 22, 2021 8:48 pm

joe wrote:
Please no discussion either way about the vaccine or masks. This is 100% to do with what will happen to games.

^^^ THIS GOES FOR ME AS WELL ^^^

Florida is rampant with omicron. I read that it's up 294% over the last few days and Miami-Dade county is the worst.

Because of this I would like to see the team wait a few more days (or possibly a week) to get down to the site.

It's my understanding that the team scheduled a full team booster shot for Wednesday and that they plan to leave for Florida on Saturday.

They are in a controlled environment in AA and a vast majority of the students have already left for winter break. I think they should stay home to prepare for a bit longer and take advantage of this below:

joe wrote:
A. Teams’ travel to bowl sites – Teams have the option to arrive at the bowl site not later than two days before the game, rather than the customary five days before the game. (For example, not later than Wednesday before a Friday game.)

It looks like Georgia is going to be without their 5* backup QB JT Daniels and their #1 receiver because of COVID protocol. No sense in Michigan players being put on a list as well. Stay home and try your best to test negative in your own controlled environment.

BTW I also ready that Michigan's cases were down over 25% in the same stretch so I say play the numbers and stay home as long as possible.

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 12:12 am

I believe the booster is not maximally effective for 10-14 days after injection.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyThu Dec 23, 2021 12:54 am

joe wrote:

H. Certification. The director of athletics and the institution’s chief medical officer must certy that each person with access to the playing field on game day has tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of the kickoff or has been fully vaccinated.

If I'm understanding this correctly, I don't think Covid will be an issue for Michigan. Aren't all members of the team fully vaccinated? I'm also wondering if you phrased this correctly?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 1:17 pm

Guy w/nothin better to do wrote:
joe wrote:

H. Certification. The director of athletics and the institution’s chief medical officer must certy that each person with access to the playing field on game day has tested negative for COVID-19 within 72 hours of the kickoff or has been fully vaccinated.

If I'm understanding this correctly, I don't think Covid will be an issue for Michigan.  Aren't all members of the team fully vaccinated?  I'm also wondering if you phrased this correctly?

Well if you read the entire thing it says I copied and pasted the whole thing so.............

joe

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 1:17 pm

Hey eggo, I think all their players will be there. At this point that is what they are reporting.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 1:28 pm

It's a bit of a crapshoot- if positive tests are a disqualifier then it can happen to anyone, anywhere almost, even if vaccinated. The NHL cancelled a bunch of games because 15 percent of the League tested positive and every NHL player except one had been vaccinated (I don't know who that one player is).

Our team has been very careful doing things like taking meals back to the room to eat etc., but there are no guarantees.

sandyeggo_blue, joe and BOLEACH7 like this post

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 2:15 pm

Tyler Bertuzzi is the only unvaxxed NHL player.

sandyeggo_blue likes this post

Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 2:41 pm

wshoes wrote:
...The NHL cancelled a bunch of games because 15 percent of the League tested positive and every NHL player except one had been vaccinated (I don't know who that one player is)...

^^^  I believe you are being sarcastic here Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  ^^^

Last edited by sandyeggo_blue on Mon Dec 27, 2021 4:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 3:01 pm

joe wrote:
Hey eggo, I think all their players will be there. At this point that is what they are reporting.

I haven't read any reports about this lately but I haven't really been actively looking.

Regarding JT Daniels, I don't think him being there is an issue. I can't see them just switching up from Bennett at this point. But for me it was a nice thing to know that quality depth at arguably the most important position on the field was going to be lacking. I don't see Daniels bringing anything different to the field for Georgia if he were to replace Bennett. It's definitely not like the Cade vs JJ swap. UM's two QBs bring two completely different skill sets whereas Georgia's really don't.

Regarding Pickens, He is the player that is currently in the protocol that I'd like to keep off of the field. I still think that the Georgia QB (whoever it is) will be running for his life most of the game, much  like Stroud during the buckeye game, but Pickens runs nice routs and he's a size matchup nightmare for the DBs (there is no way he's only 6'3", he's probably closer to 6'5"). I'd rather not have him on the field catching last gasp throws and moving the chains on scramble plays.

joe

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 6:06 pm

Just remember, just because it was ANNOUNCEd on X day does not mean he contracted it on X day. He could have had it 3-5 days before they even said anything.

Who knows. I just thought I heard they would be good to go.

wshoes

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 6:32 pm

Joe- I heard that as well.
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 10:34 pm

I'm still thinking that Georgia will come down with Covid so much that they won't be able to play. sparty would have a field day with that, we got the the National Championship game due to luck. Even if we beat 'bama we won't get full credit from them for 2 reasons: 1.) We didn't have to play Georgia, and 2.) They beat us in the regular season (although I still say we had to self-destruct, the refs had to screw us, and sparty capitalized on their unearned opportunities).

Remember joe, last year Michigan Hockey was in the locker room getting dressed for their first-round game when they were told that they were disqualified due to a positive Covid test. No one is out of the water yet, especially with all of the bowl game festivities going on that the teams get to/have to attend. No, I do not think that the teams should be skipping those activities. They are part of the Bowl game. It's a quandary.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 10:41 pm

They have a back up QB who has already been cleared and a wide receiver who could be cleared and we do not even know it. Where do you get your ideas? You have got the entire scenario worked out in your little brain. I think it is hilarious. First Feinbaum EXHALTS Harbaugh now Georgia is going to be unable to play due to covid.

Dude, I smoke good shit but you are on another planet.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyMon Dec 27, 2021 10:47 pm

joe, you do not take Covid seriously. I've seen it before. The Orange Bowl is in Florida, which is a hot spot for Covid.

I've said it before but unfortunately, I'll rub it in immensely if the game is cancelled or we get steam rolled.
Of course, if we win, I'll be thrilled but I don't see it.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 1:06 pm

Fair weather fans suck. People that crow because their team lost are the worst kinds of fans. you suck for even typing what you did.

I have never heard a real fan say what you just said. And I am 59. GTFOH

wshoes likes this post

Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 1:32 pm

“I’ll rub it in immensely…”

Perfect illustration of his essence!
Back to top Go down
joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyTue Dec 28, 2021 4:38 pm

Auburn just lost their bowl to finish their season at 6-7.

Holy shit the hole keeps getting deeper and deeper. Almost to the point of shame.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 8:30 pm

joe wrote:
Auburn just lost their bowl to finish their season at 6-7.

Holy shit the hole keeps getting deeper and deeper. Almost to the point of shame.

This is relevant because....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs EmptyWed Dec 29, 2021 8:32 pm

joe wrote:
Fair weather fans suck. People that crow because their team lost are the worst kinds of fans. you suck for even typing what you did.

I have never heard a real fan say what you just said. And I am 59. GTFOH

Do you seriously want to go there? Real fan? I'm sorry that I didn't get my Michigan gear at Walmart....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New covid rules for the Playoffs   New covid rules for the Playoffs Empty

Back to top Go down

New covid rules for the Playoffs
Page 1 of 1