Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke...

Go down 
+2
ThatGuy
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke... Empty
PostSubject: I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke...   I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke... EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:20 am

I love Brady, but 90% of what he says is coach-speak. I completely understand it, especially coming from that business and knowing that any slip of the tongue and it's getting widespread reporting, but I'd like to see more of the 'true' side of Brady.

I want to hear about Brady in the locker room after the game. I want to hear what he and Matty are talking about at halftime. I want to hear about Brady throwing chairs (well, not really, because that would be we lost). I want to hear about Brady's life at home, his relationships with his family, etc.

Regardless of your thoughts on RR as a coach/person, what Bacon was able to do in that book was incredible, really.

I haven't heard that he's doing anything like this with the new staff, but here's to hoping/wishing.

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke...   I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke... EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 11:24 am

IMHO, Rich Clod had to give Bacon all of that info. just to try and save his job. Coach Hoke, not so much. You won't get another book like that unless something goes terribly wrong at Michigan.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

PostSubject: Re: I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke...   I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke... EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:20 pm

Bacon's book was nothing more than a extremely well timed writing project on the transition to a new coach from "outside the family." Nobody in their right minds, not even Bacon, could have imagined how horrible things would actually turn out. (I only ended up reading until the night before the 08 Utah game, though. There was no way I could relive all those losses over again and be reminded of about a dozen different winning streaks going up in smoke.)

I don't think we need another Bacon-like book to get the answers you wish. Those things will come naturally over time. We knew about Lloyd's family, that his son Jason was backup QB to Dreisbach and Griese, that his daughter was on the volleyball team at UM, that even his wife Laurie questioned some of his play calls once in a while. We didn't need a book for things like that.

Lastly, Hoke is probably the calmest coach I've ever seen. Not even a small part of me can imagine him throwing a chair.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
michmike

PostSubject: Re: I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke...   I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke... EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:34 pm

Me either, WH. For that matter, I don't know that even the one-and-only Bo ever would have thrown one, had Woody Hayes, in that meeting when Bo worked for him, not thrown it his way first.

But back to Hoke...the one memory (among many) I'll have for quite a while is a miscue our one player took, dropping an easy pass on a crucial third down before being hit and having his shoulder pad dislodged. First thing BH did when the player got to the bench was reach over and fix it for him.

A close second was Will Hagerup, at the time a recent doghouse parolee if I might, muffing that punt in last year's OSU game. The punitive measure he got for such a potentially-damaging gaffe? A pat on the head, and a "chin-up, get-'em-next-time" encouragement. I almost have to believe our defense, in making that great stand to save four points (TD vs. FG), wasn't almost playing it for Brady (having seen that sideline act) at least as much for Hagerup...eh?

What kid would not want to play for a fatherly* coach like that?

(*Sorry---my vocab's instinct's wanted me to type "paternalistic", but of late, there's just
something subconsciously wrong with the sound of such a word...dig?)
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke...   I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke... EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 12:57 pm

Brady's family seems to want to be kept private. As opposed to RR's wife who loved the limelight. That is not a shot at her. Some people like being seen and some don't.

Coach Hoke is old school. He's there to talk about the team, and to give you as little info as needed. I love that.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke...   I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke... EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:01 pm

In regards to 2nd's comment, WH has it right.

RR didn't give Bacon info in hopes of gaining the support of the fans and keeping his job.

Bacon was inside from Day 1, long before RR knew shit was going downhill and he was on his way out.

And WH, you're probably right, most of the details we'd like to know will surface at some point.

I just loved Bacon's book and would like to see another with Brady as the focal point. Just curious how BH is behind closed doors.

It's the journalist in me, I guess, to find out the true nature of it all.

Either way, Brady is the man, and Go Blue.

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke...   I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke... EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 4:55 pm

I still believe that the ignorant hill-billy saw the writing on the wall and decided to "attempt" to get some sympathy from the public. Thus the tears to Josh Grobin too...

It was all a publicity stunt, he knew he flipped-off the years of tradition we had and this was his "solution" to make it "not my fault".

Once again, just my opinion.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke...   I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke... EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:36 pm

Why! It will be slanted or one-sided. Not only that but, he has just coached one year.
Back to top Go down
exmichresident

PostSubject: Re: I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke...   I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke... EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 6:38 pm

Thanks admin. For being open-minded.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke...   I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke... EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 7:02 pm

I get what you mean with the short length of time here thus far, but I don't mean for this book to come out now or in the next 12 months.

I'm thinking big picture, long-term, in say 5+ years?

I'd specifically like something in-depth on his first season and how he was able to turn a middling team into a Sugar Bowl champ.

Does that make more sense?

ThatGuy

ThatGuy

PostSubject: Re: I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke...   I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke... EmptyMon Aug 13, 2012 9:57 pm

Why 5 years? Bacon wrote about Rich Clod after 3 years...

I still maintain that it was a publicity stunt.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke...   I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke... EmptyTue Aug 14, 2012 6:15 am

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Why 5 years? Bacon wrote about Rich Clod after 3 years...

I still maintain that it was a publicity stunt.

I don't know if it was a publicity stunt, as Bacon stated it started out being a series of behind the scenes articles.

Bacon is a very respected writer and member of the UM family. However, his RR book only made me dislike RR more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke...   I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke... Empty

Back to top Go down

I really wish/hope Bacon is doing another book, this time on Hoke...
Page 1 of 1