Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?

Go down 
+2
joe
Admin
6 posters

A) Yes
If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  Vote_lcap38%If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  Vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
B) No
If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  Vote_lcap50%If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  Vote_rcap
 50% [ 4 ]
C) If the wife let's me
If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  Vote_lcap12%If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  Vote_rcap
 12% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  Empty
PostSubject: If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?    If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:33 am

Yay or nay?

Tickets last year for the game fell below $5 on the secondary market.

Not sure if will be the same this season, but that all aside, who's going to be there if our boys in blue make it?

Count me in.

joe

joe

PostSubject: Re: If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?    If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:34 am

Tickets last year fell because

NO ONE wanted to watch Wisconsin play MSU.

Regardless of what is said, MSU does not travel well.

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?    If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:47 am

Hell, I forgot that they actually paid people to attend the game last year.

There was a weird add that came out, saying that if you showed up a X place with either a green or red jersey on, you'd be paid to enjoy an entertaining event, or something to the effect.

The Indy Sports Board, or whatever that thing is called (Fish would know off the top of his head) came out and denied that it was in relation to the game. But everyone else knew what was going on.

I wanna say it was $20 to attend plus a free dog and coke, or something.

Crazy.

fishgoblue22

fishgoblue22

PostSubject: Re: If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?    If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 9:59 am

I have tickets to the Detroit Lions/Indianapolis Colts game the next day. That game is in Detroit. My wife and daughter are huge Lions fans, and my son likes the Colts.

With that said, I voted no above, but, I will definately be in downtown Indy to soak up the atmosphere. I live 13 miles north of Indy.

O'Reilly's on Pennsylvania St is the UM bar. They have done great things with the B1G here. The week prior to last year's game they had all the flags in front of the bars to indicate which one's for which schools. They did the same thing for the B1G BB tourney.

Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?    If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:10 am

Most likely if I am in town I will go. I live to close not to and as someone else pointed out the tickets will probably be very cheap.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?    If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:09 pm

here's my dilemma...

Being in San Diego I have worked it out with my wife that I can go to 3 or 4 of the Michigan home games through the year. Then I am allowed the Bowl Game as well. She also is okay with us going to certain specialty games i.e. The Big Chill and the Big House, the first night game against ND last year, etc. even though they weren't on my schedule of home games.

Last year I made a deal to go to the Cowboy Classic instead of a bowl game (still not sure how I feel about it).

If Michigan makes it to the Rose Bowl I'm sure I'll be able re-neg on that deal and to talk my wife into going to the game with me because it's a quick drive and it's basically just tickets. No need for airfare, hotel, rental car etc. By the way, I had that in mind from the get go but don't tell her ha ha!

The problem will be convincing her to let me go to the B1G championship game then a bowl game. I voted yes because there is no way I will miss Michigan's first appearance in a B1G championship game. Now I just have to get clever and figure out a way into getting there and making my wife feel like it was her idea in the first place. Win Win for me. Any suggestions?

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?    If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:13 pm

Any family in that Indy area? Elkhart may be too far away to use the 'visiting family' reasoning.

sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?    If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:22 pm

Admin wrote:
Any family in that Indy area? Elkhart may be too far away to use the 'visiting family' reasoning.

clearly you don't know our family. They are the reason I moved back to California and my wife (then girlfriend) was happy to come with. Christmas every other year is enough for us ha ha!

Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?    If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:37 pm

Hahaha....so that excuse clearly won't work!

I mean, would selling it simply as it would be (Michigan's first appearance in the 'new' championship game) be enough?

I'm guessing no.

Hmmmm....maybe we need to hear from the Indy folks a bit (Fish and Willie). Maybe they're aware of some other things going on around Indy during that time that you can use as reason to go?

This is a tough one!

WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?    If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 1:47 pm

Early Christmas present?

Really you are just looking at airfare and a hotel for a night or two. Sounds like you have plenty of frequent flyer miles. The game tickets will be affordable if last years game is any indication.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?    If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:06 pm

WillieMfan wrote:
Early Christmas present?

Really you are just looking at airfare and a hotel for a night or two. Sounds like you have plenty of frequent flyer miles. The game tickets will be affordable if last years game is any indication.

Last year was MSU vs Wisky. Not a dream alumni base as far as ticket/event sales are concerned. I'm assuming a brand like Michigan will increase the prices on namesake alone. Imagine the prices for the first UM vs O$U championship game.

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?    If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:10 pm

I guess what I'm going to have to do is convince my wife that the Rose Bowl really isn't much of anything since it's basically a two hour drive. I'll have to plant the idea that the B1G championship game IS the bowl game.

Now if UM doesn't win the B1G championship game and gets a bowl in Florida instead of the Rose Bowl in Pasadena then I'm F'ed because I doubt there is any way I could swing that.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?    If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:23 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
I guess what I'm going to have to do is convince my wife that the Rose Bowl really isn't much of anything since it's basically a two hour drive. I'll have to plant the idea that the B1G championship game IS the bowl game.

Now if UM doesn't win the B1G championship game and gets a bowl in Florida instead of the Rose Bowl in Pasadena then I'm F'ed because I doubt there is any way I could swing that.

It's more than a 2 hour drive from San Diego to Pasadena....

Well, not by as much as I thought but with CA traffic?

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
WillieMfan

WillieMfan

PostSubject: Re: If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?    If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:28 pm

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Last year was MSU vs Wisky. Not a dream alumni base as far as ticket/event sales are concerned. I'm assuming a brand like Michigan will increase the prices on namesake alone. Imagine the prices for the first UM vs O$U championship game.

Really it will depend on when the teams are decided. For instance if it goes to the final week it is hard to take off work, get a hotel, etc. and be in Indy the next week. Unless yo are living in Indy of course.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:

Bet big!! It's all a gamble man.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

PostSubject: Re: If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?    If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 2:29 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
It's more than a 2 hour drive from San Diego to Pasadena....

Well, not by as much as I thought but with CA traffic?

Nope. 2 hrs is pretty standard provided you stay away from the the 405 and you hit the Buena Vista / Norwalk area at the right time. Obviously it helps to leave early but 2 - 2 1/2 hrs is standard for me.

Either way, it's definitely not plane ride distance.

PostSubject: Re: If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?    If we make it to the B1G Championship, will you be going?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1