Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM.

Go down 
+3
michmike
sandyeggo_blue
fishgoblue22
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM.   10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 8:10 pm

Just realize stars don't matter. The athlete makes the stars, the stars do not make the athlete. Take your buddy BWC for example. He came to Michigan a 5-star and basically flopped his first 2 1/2 years. Then after Coach Hoke came to town he turned into the player that was hyped. If Rich Clod was still at Michigan BWC most likely never would have became an NFL player. Thankfully Coach Hoke came to the rescue and BWC (as well as the University of Michigan football team as a whole) became actual football players.

Basically, If Rich Clod was still here BWC never would have realized his dream. BWC would have just become another 5-star bust, thankfully he didn't. Players make the stars, not the other way around.

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM.   10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 8:25 pm

Do you think scouting services just put names into a hat and assign "stars"?

Star ratings are based on an athlete's speed, size, athleticism, high school results, off-season camps, and other factors. If player A is better in the categories mentioned than player B, then player A is going to get a high star. Likewise, player A is going to be more likely, given those better attributes, than player B.

Do you not understand that?

Of course there are "isolated instances" that you are so quick to point out, but those are exceptions, not the rule.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM.   10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 8:36 pm

Oh I'm sorry, I thought the game of Football incorporated many different abilities than just a 40 yard dash...

So basically you're saying that if someone can run fast they'll be excellent. Never mind that they're dumb as a bag of rocks and can't memorize a route or catch a ball. So in your world Forrest Gump must have been a 10 star...

Guess who was a 5-star?

http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=5483

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
that's some first ballot hall of fame stalking on your part. How in the world did you find that guy. I guess the better question is why?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM.   10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 8:41 pm

For ever 5* player that sucked I can named hundreds of 3* players that sucked.
For ever 3* player drafted in the first round, I can name a dozen of 5* players drafted in the first round. What don't you get about this?

Of course there are mitigating circumstances (surely Michigan grads should understand that) and not every case is the same. Some kids have heart, some don't. We don't know that GOING IN, so GOING IN, give me the bigger/faster/stronger player with better high school results.

How f*cking dense are you? This is obvious to EVERYBODY besides you. Stars are NOT everything. Stars do, however, give a pretty good idea on what you are getting with a player.

You are telling me you would rather have some 3* over Jabrill Peppers and Da'Shawn Hand? Come on, man.

MichiganFootball13

PostSubject: Re: 10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM.   10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 8:48 pm

I have not looked at this thread since it was 1 page long, has this turned into a 3* vs 5* battle again?
Back to top Go down
hailtoyourvictor

hailtoyourvictor

PostSubject: Re: 10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM.   10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 8:56 pm

I get sucked into this fools shtick every time. I feel dumber everytime he posts because I have to explain things to him like I would to my 9 year old cousin.

BetterThansparty

PostSubject: Re: 10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM.   10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM. - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 18, 2013 9:21 pm

I feel like I am talking to a sparty reject for having to point out AGAIN that I have never said that I would rather have a lower rated person over a top-rated athlete.  I'll let my coach (Coach Hoke) determine who is better for The University of Michigan Football team.  I don't see how you came up with the erroneous assumption that I'd take a 2-star over a 5-star any day.  I DON'T KNOW WHO I WOULD RATHER HAVE ON MY TEAM.  I'll let Coach Hoke make that call, I'm just saying that starts don't matter so stop stressing about the star ratings.

Do you now understand?

So you are saying that you'd rather have 4-star Willie Mobley (http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2213933)

than 2-star Jerel Worthy (http://recruiting.scout.com/a.z?s=73&p=8&c=1&nid=2847580)?

Both were 2008 recruits....

sandyeggo_blue wrote:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM.   10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

10 True and RS Freshmen that will make an impact this fall for UM.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2