Members, please sign in.

Members, please sign in.

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

LOL, I love it!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

LOL, I love it! Empty
PostSubject: LOL, I love it!   LOL, I love it! EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 4:37 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1789693-ncaa-denies-uscs-appeal-of-sanctions-on-football-program?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=recruiting

The NCAA has denied the University of Southern California’s appeal to gradually reduce the sanctions and penalties levied against the school’s football program back in 2010.

According to ESPN’s Joe Schad, the governing organization had this to say on the matter: "There is no comparison between USC and Penn State. USC's appeal was denied and there is no further consideration being given."

The statement referenced the NCAA’s recent decision to restore five scholarships to the Nittany Lions next year and allow Penn State to give the maximum of 85 by 2016-17.

As per ESPN’s Johnny Curren and Schad, USC athletic director Pat Haden and vice president of athletic compliance Dave Roberts flew to Indianapolis to meet with NCAA president Mark Emmert after the PSU decision was rendered.

They lobbied to have similar mercy granted on their program, but it seems the NCAA is unwilling to budge on the issue because USC went through a “traditional process” to incur the sanctions.

USC was heavily penalized after the Reggie Bush scandal broke and will be unable to field an 85-man roster until the 2015 season.

Penn State received massive sanctions after the unprecedented Jerry Sandusky saga rocked the program to its core. The university and football team have been working relentlessly since the summer of 2012 to implement changes in the athletic culture and were rewarded this week with the relaxation of some of the penalties.

The Trojans are 3-1 on the season, but are clearly still feeling the impact from being punished by the NCAA. They have struggled against lesser opponents—such as Utah State—and have been hindered by the inability to recruit as many quality players.
Back to top Go down
WolverineHistorian

WolverineHistorian

LOL, I love it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL, I love it!   LOL, I love it! EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 5:00 pm

Good riddance to USC.

As far as Penn State is concerned, the NCAA going back on some of their penalties is a joke as well. But whatever.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/WolverineHistorian
BetterThansparty

BetterThansparty

LOL, I love it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL, I love it!   LOL, I love it! EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 5:36 pm

Penn State should be punished yes, IF they are found guilty as an institution. Was that right what happened in Slappy Valley? No, but they did not receive a trial. PSU was just disciplined by an "authority" who has no actual power. This had absolutely nothing to do with intercollegiate athletics, there are however laws against the sodomy of young boys. The court system is where this belongs. IMHO the NCAA just did what it did because of public out-cry. Now that the trial dates have been set they get to back-off. Those guilty will be severely punished, JoePa already paid with his life (pretty much)...
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

LOL, I love it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL, I love it!   LOL, I love it! EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 6:02 pm

2ndComingOfBo wrote:
Penn State should be punished yes, IF they are found guilty as an institution.  Was that right what happened in Slappy Valley?  No, but they did not receive a trial.  PSU was just disciplined by an "authority" who has no actual power.  This had absolutely nothing to do with intercollegiate athletics, there are however laws against the sodomy of young boys.  The court system is where this belongs.  IMHO the NCAA just did what it did because of public out-cry.   Now that the trial dates have been set they get to back-off.  Those guilty will be severely punished, JoePa already paid with his life (pretty much)...

I am 100% on board with this comment but to play the devil's advocate, one could argue that by PSU officials essentially covering up Sandusky's transgressions that it allowed him to stay on as a staff member on the PSU team thus allowing PSU an unfair advantage (there has to be some sort of penalty against unfair advantages). Not saying this is how I feel, just playing the guy that likes to argue.
Back to top Go down
dwoody

dwoody

LOL, I love it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL, I love it!   LOL, I love it! EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 6:26 pm

Penn State did not cheat at football with pro players. Sandusky was not coaching when his shit happened. USC cheated at the game and should suffer. What happened with Sandusky was vile and he was punished, but Penn did not cheat at the game, just sayin'. As for Sandusky, f-ck him.
Back to top Go down
sandyeggo_blue

sandyeggo_blue

LOL, I love it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL, I love it!   LOL, I love it! EmptyFri Sep 27, 2013 6:37 pm

dwoody wrote:
Penn State did not cheat at football with pro players. Sandusky was not coaching when his shit happened. USC cheated at the game and should suffer. What happened with Sandusky was vile and he was punished, but Penn did not cheat at the game, just sayin'. As for Sandusky, f-ck him.
The grand jury identified eight boys that had been singled out for sexual advances or sexual assaults by Sandusky, taking place from 1994 through 2009.

he was in fact coaching while this crap was going on. But you're right, PSU was not cheating like U$C was. And you're also right, f-ck him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

LOL, I love it! Empty
PostSubject: Re: LOL, I love it!   LOL, I love it! Empty

Back to top Go down

LOL, I love it!
Page 1 of 1